Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

For the first time, I actually made use of the spirit summons. Margit was kicking my ass, I didn't have the stamina to tank his phase 2 combos as good so I decided to experiment with the jellyfish spirit and got him that attempt.

I hate dying to him, but Margit is a damn good teacher.

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

For the first time, I actually made use of the spirit summons. Margit was kicking my ass, I didn't have the stamina to tank his phase 2 combos as good so I decided to experiment with the jellyfish spirit and got him that attempt.

I hate dying to him, but Margit is a damn good teacher.

I haven’t reached Margit on my playthrough yet but I fought him on my friend’s just for fun before I got the game myself. His moves weren’t very hard to learn but they were fairly tough to deal with even knowing them. Granted, I was super rusty and haven’t played any Soulsborne in over a year. But still, fun boss.

I am pretty sure I found an item in my exploration that is meant to be used during his fight. It doesn’t seem to do anything right now, but based on the item description, I suspect it’s like the Father G’s music box in Bloodborne.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

His moves weren’t very hard to learn but they were fairly tough to deal with even knowing them.

It's the holy trinity of good tough boss design, delayed heavy roll catch attacks, lightning fast attacks and chip damage that makes him tough.

Even knowing not to panic roll, the threat of getting caught in a combo got me roll caught before I relearned the timings

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's the holy trinity of good tough boss design, delayed heavy roll catch attacks, lightning fast attacks and chip damage that makes him tough.

Even knowing not to panic roll, the threat of getting caught in a combo got me roll caught before I relearned the timings

Yeah, I almost have time to fix a meal during the delay between him starting and landing some of those attacks. Screws with my timing something fierce. XD 

• Haha 1

This topic has been become so fucking pushed out, it's not even that I fundamentally venomously oppose it (Which I hundred percent do), I just think it's so fucking boring XD

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/elden-ring-director-hidetaka-miyazaki-comments-on-game-difficulty/1100-6501104/

Hidetaka says, for the very last time, the game he directs will never have an easy mode, and that it's a core part of FROM identity to exclude it.  Considering the fact they haven't made a game with one for a decade, and there games still sell gangbusters, I don't think they ever will (which is good) 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This topic has been become so fucking pushed out, it's not even that I fundamentally venomously oppose it (Which I hundred percent do), I just think it's so fucking boring XD

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/elden-ring-director-hidetaka-miyazaki-comments-on-game-difficulty/1100-6501104/

Hidetaka says, for the very last time, the game he directs will never have an easy mode, and that it's a core part of FROM identity to exclude it.  Considering the fact they haven't made a game with one for a decade, and there games still sell gangbusters, I don't think they ever will (which is good) 

Elden Ring might just be the hardest game they've made in the souls series, but it's also by far the one that gives you the most tools to overcome.

Fuck them crowd, easy mode won't ever happen

So apparently there's six very large secret areas in the game (and i've only found four so far)! What's crazy is they have there own enemies, NPC's, quests, and special boss battles, which is insane!  So make sure you guys explore every inch, cause there hard to find

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So apparently there's six very large secret areas in the game (and i've only found four so far)! What's crazy is they have there own enemies, NPC's, quests, and special boss battles, which is insane!  So make sure you guys explore every inch, cause there hard to find

I went down a random elevator and ended up in Blackreach. This game seems full of surprises for the explorer.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I went down a random elevator and ended up in Blackreach. This game seems full of surprises for the explorer.

Oh you made it to the underground already? Now that I think about, there's a lift I think in the starting area.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

G E N E R A L  R A D A H N

LETS GOOOOOO

I've never felt more hyped up and happy to get obliterated by a boss. Genuenly my favorite From boss ever and I barely make it past phase 1 :rofl:

Not even Gael got me so excited, my 1 braincell ass keeps dramatically going "Geeeneraaaaal radaaaahn" like every five seconds during the fight.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD

G E N E R A L  R A D A H N

LETS GOOOOOO

I've never felt more hyped up and happy to get obliterated by a boss. Genuenly my favorite From boss ever and I barely make it past phase 1 :rofl:

Not even Gael got me so excited, my 1 braincell ass keeps dramatically going "Geeeneraaaaal radaaaahn" like every five seconds during the fight.

No spoilers, but yeah, it's fucking fantastic. His character is one of the coolest FROM has ever done too.

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No spoilers, but yeah, it's fucking fantastic. His character is one of the coolest FROM has ever done too.

He has one attack that happens near his death that one shots me each time I get him that close.

Any advice you have for me? Pure melee no summons/spirits, suggest that not XD