Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For realsie, I hope this is another kick in the balls/wakeup call for Beth to get there game on. 

I doubt it affects them much. There likely isn’t much competition between the two as their games and priorities are so different. They’ll probably release Space Game within a year or so, then on to TES VI.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I doubt it affects them much. There likely isn’t much competition between the two as their games and priorities are so different. They’ll probably release Space Game within a year or so, then on to TES VI.

I don't know if they'll ever be in direct competition, but once "Open World" get's thrown around, things suddenly get compared (usually in negative terms for Beth these days lol) to Fallout/Elder Scrolls alot. CD wasn't really in the sphere, till the sudden release of Witcher 3, and look how that turned out.

It's a loose hope; I remember reading an interview with the big Bethesda devs (don't know if it was Todd or not) that making an "old open world game like Morrowind" was no longer feasible. And now that, there's a modern open world fantasy game, that eschews alot of modern game trends and builds from older design principles, I hope it's an eye opener 

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And now that, there's a modern open world fantasy game, that eschews alot of modern game trends and builds from older design principles, I hope it's an eye opener 

I wish I could believe that, but I don’t see it. It can’t be stressed enough what an absolute juggernaut Bethesda is in the fantasy genre. Skyrim sold more copies than all the Soulsborne games combined. Even if Elden Ring is From’s most successful title by far, it still won’t hold a candle to TES VI in terms of earnings.

We all have problems with the direction Bethesda’s gone in, but they have no incentive to change. They’ll probably learn some lessons from the Fallout 76 debacle, but that’s got nothing to do with streamlining or making games easier. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wish I could believe that, but I don’t see it. It can’t be stressed enough what an absolute juggernaut Bethesda is in the fantasy genre. Skyrim sold more copies than all the Soulsborne games combined. Even if Elden Ring is From’s most successful title by far, it still won’t hold a candle to TES VI in terms of earnings.

We all have problems with the direction Bethesda’s gone in, but they have no incentive to change. They’ll probably learn some lessons from the Fallout 76 debacle, but that’s got nothing to do with streamlining or making games easier. 

So that means the next TES game will have Imperialized Nords and no water Undead :( 

So Elden Bling time. 

The various culture groups are alot more detailed then Dark Souls

I usually go with a Knightess, but I went "Viking" Huskarl/Raider this time. The Northmen are depicted as large, snow dwelling Warriors who live in the frozen North and it's mountains. They are known to be seaborn raiders and savage pillagers (there's so much burnt out caravans and villages when you find them XD), but  also "honorable" warriors. They have loyalty to Marika, but refuse to be under the rule of anyone, so they raid and hire themselves as sellswords to her Empire and it's successor vassals. 

The ones in the game are the Kaiden Mercenaries, infamous raiders known for being highly skilled horsemen, and serve the Demigods who hire them as shock calvary. They are said to have the blood of Snow Giants in them, and they can onset a berserker rage, but are known for their discipline on the field. 

I was going to go with the usual warrior maiden look, but after realizing how manly and weird the female Northmen present look, I just built off it. So instead of Eoywn, she's one of Baldur's female Grim Ones XD

ijPs0nI.jpg

htp4Je6.jpg