Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I liked them a lot at first, but they felt kinda repetitive by the time I killed my tenth. XD They’re good fights, and I like the variation in dragon types, but they don’t change that much. At least not the world boss ones. 

Dragons are kinda pussies in Elden Ring, there's like three or four of them that attack you, then teleports away when the player starts beating their ass.

25 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dragons are kinda pussies in Elden Ring, there's like three or four of them that attack you, then teleports away when the player starts beating their ass.

There not even real Dragons according to the lore; they discarded there stone scales and became more animal like XD

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I liked them a lot at first, but they felt kinda repetitive by the time I killed my tenth. XD They’re good fights, and I like the variation in dragon types, but they don’t change that much. At least not the world boss ones. 

The final version is really unique, so I hope you look forward to fighting him XD He in a end-game area. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Actually, 

Hide contents

I don't even consider the Dragonlord like the world  bosses, him and the Dragon Lich are separate, but awesome

I was talking about Borealis XD 

The dragon-lich and all the other red lightning dragons fucking crash my graphics card, I hate them XD

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That pun nearly killed me XD

Besides Radahn, Margit is probably the coolest enemy so far just in terms of raw swagger. XD It’s a shame he’s so early on, but I guess it makes sense as he basically treats you like a foolish upstart… which you are at that point.

Just the way he so dryly tells you "lay these foolish ambitions to rest" after beating you down with a cane, like he’s just moderately annoyed that you damn lowly tarnished just keep coming back and he’s gotten tired of killing you.

He even almost sounds like he thinks it’s for your own good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Besides Radahn, Margit is probably the coolest enemy so far just in terms of raw swagger. XD It’s a shame he’s so early on, but I guess it makes sense as he basically treats you like a foolish upstart… which you are at that point.

Just the way he so dryly tells you "lay these foolish ambitions to rest" after beating you down with a cane, like he’s just moderately annoyed that you damn lowly tarnished just keep coming back and he’s gotten tired of killing you.

He even almost sounds like he thinks it’s for your own good.

Keep going XD

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

You ever use that item Varre gave you? I highly recommend not fighting the boss yet unless you've completed Yura's quest, but there's a bunch of late game loot in the area it takes you.

I found Yura dead in a church so no danger on that count. XD 

I never used it, no. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I found Yura dead in a church so no danger on that count. XD 

I never used it, no. 

Did you kill the invader there? You're undoubtedly underleveled for the area, and it's boss, but I'd recommend using that item Varre gave you now. I'm not trying to trick you, shits extremely tough there, make sure to spend your runes first too.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Did you kill the invader there? You're undoubtedly underleveled for the area, and it's boss, but I'd recommend using that item Varre gave you now. I'm not trying to trick you, shits extremely tough there, make sure to spend your runes first too.

I killed the invader, yes. One of the tougher ones, to be honest, though it was a while ago now. 

Also Doc, trust me on this one, before exploring the sewers of the capital, do fight the boss of the area that Varre's item takes you.

Because there's a reused boss and it'd be a huge disappointment to fight the copied boss before the real deal. Thankfully there's no time limit, or quest breaking thing that involves the sewers.

Super unlikely prediction

Milicent is Malenia.

I found a one-armed redhead in Caelid, badly wounded and with addled memories, and a weirdo sorcerer rot cultist invested in saving her.

I save her. I get her a new metal arm. Now she is surprised to find that she is a great warrior.

Eventually she will recover her memories in full and the boss fight will commence.

Malenia is apparently an optional boss. That is because you must complete a side quest to unlock her.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Super unlikely prediction

Reveal hidden contents

Milicent is Malenia.

I found a one-armed redhead in Caelid, badly wounded and with addled memories, and a weirdo sorcerer rot cultist invested in saving her.

I save her. I get her a new arm. Now she is surprised to find that she is a great warrior.

Eventually she will recover her memories in full and the boss fight will commence.

Malenia is apparently an optional boss. That is because you must complete a side quest to unlock her.

Speaking of Millicent, something that gets to me in all Fromsoft games is the issue of having cool NPC summons who I just love the idea of fighting alongside weighed against fights being way more fun and feeling much more rewarding to complete solo.

Like, I really want to say I fought alongside Gael at some point, but who the hell is going to pass up fighting Friede solo? Same goes for Radahn, where it seems like using the army would’ve just been so cool as an event.

I bring it up because  Milicent was the one time I did summon, against the Windmill GS Apostle, since I’d already fought him solo in Caelid. It was way easier with her. XD 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of Millicent, something that gets to me in all Fromsoft games is the issue of having cool NPC summons who I just love the idea of fighting alongside weighed against fights being way more fun and feeling much more rewarding to complete solo.

Like, I really want to say I fought alongside Gael at some point, but who the hell is going to pass up fighting Friede solo? Same goes for Radahn, where it seems like using the army would’ve just been so cool as an event.

I bring it up because  Milicent was the one time I did summon, against the Windmill GS Apostle, since I’d already fought him solo in Caelid. It was way easier with her. XD 

It's why I do a playthrough with no summons, and then another were I can use as many I want XD

I think that's why the whole end of Siegmeyer quest in Dark Souls 3 ("May the sun shine upon this Lord of cinder...) was so memorable