Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

Redmane Castle, post-Radahn

Gank boss time baby!!!

… Second try. Shit’s for babies. XD 

I actually enjoyed that one. Crucible Knight keeps you moving around the arena while Misbegotten keeps the action on your head. Killed the beast first (the good ole straightsword actually wrecks bosses like him with Square Off ash of war, just staggers for days and then he’s dead). Then fought the Crucible like any other.

Still kinda lazy compared to O&S but I didn’t hate it. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Redmane Castle, post-Radahn

Hide contents

Gank boss time baby!!!

… Second try. Shit’s for babies. XD 

I actually kinda enjoyed that one. Crucible Knight keeps you moving around the arena while Misbegotten keeps the action on your head. Killed the beast first (the good ole straightsword actually wrecks bosses like him with Square Off ash of war, just staggers for days and then he’s dead). Then fought the Crucible like any other. 

You're lucky, fighting them before the festival is nightmarish low leveled, That said, good job :D

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

How can you fight them before the festival?

If you go to Castle Redmane before doing Ranni's quest and/or advancing too far in the game lets you explore the castle early. Slave Knight Gael even has some bonus dialogue if you defeat them before the festival.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, I am technically still underleveled for this area. XD 70s. 

I did it around mid 50's :P

I was so confident in my ability that I leveled up my strength, dex and faith in more priority than vigor. That boss made me reconsider from that point forward.

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

So yeah, Lyndell would be pretty hard to siege wouldn't it XD

It would. Reminds me of Anor Londo combined with Ba Sing Se. That’s not even getting into the defenders. 

So any of y’all know anything about the "ruin which fell from the sky"? I just learned about it from the Ruins Greatsword description. Can’t think of any history it might relate to, but I’m guessing it has something to do with all the giant ruins scattered about that look like they fell to earth rather than being built that way. 

Do we know what this ruin was or who ruled it? 

Like Bloodborne's abandoned workshop, there's something really sad about stumbling onto the Roundtable Hold, the one in the waking world.

Knowing how far it fell from grace (pun not intended), and how bristling this place once was with the most powerful warriors in history, reduced to an empty, abandoned compound at the heart of the city is damn forlorn.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It would. Reminds me of Anor Londo combined with Ba Sing Se. That’s not even getting into the defenders. 

Hide contents

So any of y’all know anything about the "ruin which fell from the sky"? I just learned about it from the Ruins Greatsword description. Can’t think of any history it might relate to, but I’m guessing it has something to do with all the giant ruins scattered about that look like they fell to earth rather than being built that way. 

Keep playing XD

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

I would also recommend against using any of the Spoiler Belfries, but one of them takes you to the outskirts of this place. Great for hype, terrible for spoiling it early.

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Remind you of something. XD

76011-original-104139-original-laputa_16

• Like 2