Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Godrick has been around since before the Shattering. He's just been kept in the Capital. Sir Kenneth Haight mentions that at the start of the Shattering, he fled the city disguised as a woman.

Ah, you’re right. I forgot about that. XD 

But obviously, this loser sneaking around in a dress was not yet the lord of anything. So yeah, I don’t think his lordship of Stormveil came until much later. Possibly not until he grafted himself enough to actually have the strength to take the place.

Godwyn was likely lord of Stormveil before the Shattering 

Seems that way. But the confusion is mostly about the rule of Stormveil between the start of the Shattering and Melania’s eventual conquests. I think there was a bigger gap there than it seems at first glance, as a lot of wars took place during that time.

Do we know how long Caelid has been rotted, Radahn has been mad, or Malenia has been MIA?

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Possibly not until he grafted himself enough to actually have the strength to take the place.

Godrick would still have been powerful in comparison of mere men. That greataxe of his was probably what he swung around even pre-grafting, but as weak as he was, the forces loyal to the Golden Lineage might have sworn to him solely for his heritage.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like how the true Golden Order adherents are so put off by the dragon worship, because it’s so obviously wrong and blasphemous. XD 

Like when you tell Corhyn (spelling?) to teach you magics tied to that sort of magic, he is like "seriously? You know this is wrong, right? … fine".

It's funny, cause one of the figures they worship, Godwtn, was best friends with a high ranking Dragon, Fortissax 

It's like if Jesus was buds with Buddha XD 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do we know how long Caelid has been rotted, Radahn has been mad, or Malenia has been MIA?

The Slave-Knight Gael dude in Redmane was personally friends with Radahn before his brain was rotted. If non Tarnished still age and die, that'd make him either Tarnished, incredibly old, or the Shattering was only decades ago.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's funny, cause one of the figures they worship, Godwtn, was best friends with a high ranking Dragon, Fortissax 

It's like if Jesus was buds with Buddha XD 

So wait a minute, did the Age of the Giants predate the dragons? Because that was the earliest war of Marika and the Erdtree

But then again, it couldn't have been Godrick after the Night of Black Knives, because I want to recall there was a short time between Godwyn's death and the Shattering

The intro says that the Night of Black Knives preceded the Shattering, but according to Ranni, that was just the theft of the Rune of Death, right? The rest of the Ring was still intact at that point. The Shattering began when the whole thing got broken and basically scattered all the runes.

I haven’t seen anything suggesting they happened around the same time, but there is a lot I haven’t seen. XD 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So wait a minute, did the Age of the Giants predate the dragons? Because that was the earliest war of Marika and the Erdtree

No. What happened was even though there age ended, the Dragons continued till they got into conflict with Marika and her children, which was after there war with the Giants

Marika seemed to have a boner for genociding primeval life, until Godwyn ruined her plan with the Dragons. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Now. What happened was even though there age ended, the Dragons continued till they got into conflict with Marika and her children, which was after there war with the Giants

Marika seemed to have a boner for genociding primeval life, until Godwyn ruined her plan with the Dragons. 

So age of the dragons predated giants?

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Slave-Knight Gael dude in Redmane was personally friends with Radahn before his brain was rotted. If non Tarnished still age and die, that'd make him either Tarnished, incredibly old, or the Shattering was only decades ago.

I think the Shattering is technically ongoing, and has been for centuries.

Following the Ring’s fragmenting, many wars took place over a very long period of time. Stormveil’s invasion, Radahn’s conquests, Rykard’s rebellion, and Melania’s conquests probably weren’t all immediately back-to-back. And Melania vs Radahn was the last great battle, but not the end of it all (some of these conflicts are even still going on in reduced capacities).

I think the earlier stuff was likely centuries ago or longer. Many of the Tarnished themselves are implied to be very old. But I think the latest stuff, specifically Malenia vs Radahn, seemingly happened more recently, maybe even within a a few decades.

The fact that Kenneth considers Godrick an upstart and believes that his own kin have claim to Limgrave, it would seem that Godrick’s own acquisition of the region wasn’t too terribly long ago, and so Malenia’s conquest (which ended after he became lord) was probably relatively recent as well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Without big spoilers, who are y’all’s favorite NPCs?

That's hard, cause the game actually has ton of memorable ones XD 

Top five would probably be; Dung-Eater, Ranni (By RPG standards her sidequest is detailed, but by Souls it's practically the most complex), Gold Mask, Fia, and my bro, Blackguard. Which is suprising, cause the others are complex, eccentric, and powerful figures, but Blackguard is just a country bumpkin that eats shrimp XD

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Without big spoilers, who are y’all’s favorite NPCs?

It's hard not to like Millicent, her quest is enjoyable and basically the culmination of what From always wanted but always cut, an npc making their own journey similar to the player's.

Slave Knight Gael is another I cannot help but love, best bros with Radahn and others.

If his quest wasn't so damn buggy, Sir Kenneth Haight is just absolutely loveable oaf, in the same vain, so is Rya, but snake.

But lets be honest, the best npc in the whole game is the Dog in the church of vows.

Hewg and Blackguard are simple but I like them a lot. Especially Blackguard. "Marika's tits you must be hungry!" XD 

Gideon is cool, even though-

-I’m like 90% sure he tried to have me killed by his "overzealous" (my ass) bodyguard. Dude is clearly super cutthroat and I saw too much. But that just makes him cooler. XD  He is up there for me as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hewg and Blackguard are simple but I like them a lot. Especially Blackguard. "Marika's tits you must be hungry!" XD 

Gideon is cool, even though-

Hide contents

-I’m like 90% sure he tried to have me killed by his "overzealous" (my ass) bodyguard. Dude is clearly super cutthroat and I saw too much. But that just makes him cooler. XD  He is up there for me as well.

Anyone who was the surname Ofnir you shouldn't trust XD