Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Damn Doc, man went from Radahn all the way through the Plateau and the manor. Making good progress 

I had already explored some of the plateau and manor before I ever reached Radahn. But after getting meteored that first time, I thought to myself "you know, if I’m gonna get killed a hundred times, I should do it in style", so I backtracked to the manor because Balrog told me it was a way to get cool armor. 

It was. XD 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I had already explored some of the plateau and manor before I ever reached Radahn. But after getting meteored that first time, I thought to myself "you know, if I’m gonna get killed a hundred times, I should do it in style", so I backtracked to the manor because Balrog told me it was a way to get cool armor. 

It was. XD 

Selling your soul for armor XD

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor

Without spoiling anything, Volcano Manor is in a weird spot with difficulty. If you're like me and want to complete all their quests before the boss, itll take you to the late game.

By the time I squared off with its boss, I was so powerful that I did it in one attempt. Granted, I was very low on tears by the end.

From everything I’ve been told, I am dramatically under-leveled for all the areas I’ve been running around in. Mid-60s and I’ve explored half the capital and been all over Mount Gelmir. Getting runes is so easy, I am trying to just keep myself low enough to enjoy the challenges and not breeze through things. But if I hit a brick wall, I could probably get to 70+ in like half an hour at most. 

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's how they describe it :P

The Volcano Manor has to be the most sinister place in the whole game, somehow once you go past the friendly area, it becomes LESS creepy.

It does feel really wicked. Plus, 

Secret evil back door rooms with a creepy cellar boss that stalks Tanith’s snake daughter…

This place ain’t right. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

From everything I’ve been told, I am dramatically under-leveled for all the areas I’ve been running around in. Mid-60s and I’ve explored half the capital and been all over Mount Gelmir. Getting runes is so easy, I am trying to just keep myself low enough to enjoy the challenges and not breeze through things. But if I hit a brick wall, I could probably get to 70+ in like half an hour at most. 

You're really gonna want to buff up. From here on out, there's going to be an insane jump in difficulty. Two shot territory with most enemies if you're not at least 40+ vigor.

Once you venture beyond the capital that is.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It does feel really wicked. Plus, 

Reveal hidden contents

Secret evil back door rooms with a creepy cellar boss that stalks Tanith’s snake daughter…

This place ain’t right. 

She's actually the funniest fucking thing in the game. This creepy ass women, turns out to be a goofy looking snake and is genuinely the nicest npc in the game.

• Haha 1

But Volcano Manor and its side quests have consistently given better loot than anything before them.

Their "rebellion" doesn’t make a ton of sense to me, however. So they hate the gods and Erdtree, and their defiance is to… kill a few lowly tarnished?

I don’t know if these guys play into the endgame or not (don’t tell me), they seem like they could considering what a big chunk of the game they got. But I don’t think they’re the side I’d want to see come out on top. 

Tbh, as weird as the Fingers are and as dogmatic as the Roundtable can be, the idea of just fixing the damn ring and restoring the golden age seems like a pretty reasonable goal. Everything seems kinda shit with it broken.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

But Volcano Manor and its side quests have consistently given better loot than anything before them.

Hide contents

Their "rebellion" doesn’t make a ton of sense to me, however. So they hate the gods and Erdtree, and their defiance is to… kill a few lowly tarnished?

I don’t know if these guys play into the endgame or not (don’t tell me), they seem like they could considering what a big chunk of the game they got. But I don’t think they’re the side I’d want to see come out on top. 

Tbh, as weird as the Fingers are and as dogmatic as the Roundtable can be, the idea of just fixing the damn ring and restoring the golden age seems like a pretty reasonable goal. Everything seems kinda shit with it broken.

Again no spoilers, but it goes beyond killing Tarnished. The Manor you find is greatly diminished from getting their ass beat by the capital's army during thr Shattering.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Keep progressing XD

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Again no spoilers, but it goes beyond killing Tarnished. The Manor you find is greatly diminished from getting their ass beat by the capital's army during thr Shattering.

I picked that up, and then the lord committed some great blasphemy. And now he’s a snake… or something. XD 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also those few Lowly Tarnished are heroes of great renown, if you were a casual you'd notice their signs down at numerous bosses.

You're basically killing these heroes that helped you on your way when you were weaker.

I did notice the bull guy’s sign at the magma wyrm. And I know from the descriptions that the guy who I got this sick armor from was one of the OGs.

Luckily, I ain’t no casual so no guilt on that front. I was just helping my boy Ash of War Guy. Who actually did help me in the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I did notice the bull guy’s sign at the magma worm. And I know from the descriptions that the guy who I got this sick armor from was one of the OGs.

Luckily, I ain’t no casual so no guilt on that front. I was just helping my boy Ash of War Guy. Who actually did help me in the past. 

Did you ever find a certain town of sorcery in the Caelid Wilds? There's a really important quest you begin there by talking to a hermit in the outskirts.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Did you ever find a certain town of sorcery in the Caelid Wilds? There's a really important quest you begin there by talking to a hermit in the outskirts.

Yeah, a while ago. Helped a girl with the rot, iirc. Then he sold me like three sorceries I can’t cast. XD