Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Radahn and his army are the closest thing to heroic and good guys in the whole of the demigods, well...besides you know who.

I’m in Caelid now and have been getting that impression.

From what I’ve gathered so far, the land is so messed up because Malenia basically nuked it with this rot stuff during her fight with Radahn, who everyone in the region seems to have been super loyal to. But he survived the nuke and is now mad?

Idk. Wolf Stark told me we need to kill him so here I am. XD He must be badass to have survived the attack that did this. Worse than a nuke, tbh. And moreover, he also apparently went to war against the stars and won… I have no idea what that means but holy shit this guy sounds cool. :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m in Caelid now and have been getting that impression.

Hide contents

From what I’ve gathered so far, the land is so messed up because Malenia basically nuked it with this rot stuff during her fight with Radahn, who everyone in the region seems to have been super loyal to. But he survived the nuke and is now mad?

Idk. Wolf Stark told me we need to kill him so here I am. XD He must be badass to have survived the attack that did this. Worse than a nuke, tbh. And moreover, he also apparently went to war against the stars and won… I have no idea what that means but holy shit this guy sounds cool. :rofl: 

He only gets cooler from there 

XD But yeah, Radahn is awesome 

So I met Radahn…

I don’t know if I’ve ever encountered a boss in one of these games to get more hyped up. He got his own soundtrack just for walking toward his boss area. XD 

At first the fight was surprisingly doable. Got him down to half health no problem, first attempt. It’s like all the big scary bosses in these games, just hug his legs, roll into him when he starts to attack, and you’re good… 

… then he turned into a meteor that one-shot me at full health. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So I met Radahn…

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t know if I’ve ever encountered a boss in one of these games to get more hyped up. He got his own soundtrack just for walking toward his boss area. XD 

At first the fight was surprisingly doable. Got him down to half health no problem, first attempt. It’s like all the big scary bosses in these games, just hug his legs, roll into him when he starts to attack, and you’re good… 

:rofl:

He was nerfed in the last patch, and is still pretty tough 

You can summon an army for him; including Patches (Who will flee the battle first chance he gets

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Damn, that sucks. I hate when stuff gets nerfed before I get to see the OG.

Honestly bums me out a bit. Because if I can figure out how to survive this meteor attack, I think I’ll take him in just another couple of tries at most unless he’s got a second phase that’s way more difficult. I hope they didn’t nerf him too much. 

I don’t think I’m overleveled, either. Just 62. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Honestly bums me out a bit. Because if I can figure out how to survive this meteor attack, I think I’ll take him in just another couple of tries at most unless he’s got a second phase that’s way more difficult. I hope they didn’t nerf him too much. 

It used to be recommended to fight him 85 plus XD Still a great boss, and he the really cool army summoning gimmick 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It used to be recommended to fight him 85 plus XD Still a great boss, and he the really cool army summoning gimmick 

If the intention was to have us fight him with an army, then they probably should’ve just had the NPCs join us like the Onion Knight in DS3 against Yhorm. I don’t like summoning if I can help it. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If the intention was to have us fight him with an army, then they probably should’ve just had the NPCs join us like the Onion Knight in DS3 against Yhorm. I don’t like summoning if I can help it. 

It's a unique summoning system; your NPC's (barring Bleide) die in a couple hits, there supposed to be meat shields in a raid scenario. I think it's because if they used the NPC's, they'd die really easily, and there quests would end prematurely 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:rofl:

Hide contents

You can summon an army for him; including Patches (Who will flee the battle first chance he gets

Wait why the hell did they nerf Radahn?! No fucking wonder it felt easier then usual these last two characters I fought him with.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

So I met Radahn…

Hide contents

Radahn is my all time favorite boss in Elden Ring. No matter how many times he destroyed me, I never got one ounce of salt, which is such a rare occasion XD

He really is just the coolest fight, eith the most hype, and that transition to phase 2 blew my fucking mind.

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Without spoling anything by the way, once you defeat him, there's a secret catacomb in his arena.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wait why the hell did they nerf Radahn?! No fucking wonder it felt easier then usual these last two characters I fought him with.

Radahn is my all time favorite boss in Elden Ring. No matter how many times he destroyed me, I never got one ounce of salt, which is such a rare occasion XD

He really is just the coolest fight, eith the most hype, and that transition to phase 2 blew my fucking mind.

Without spoling anything by the way, once you defeat him, there's a secret catacomb in his arena.

You barely noticed, cause the main part of the nerf was fixing weapon's hit boxes XD

• Haha 1

Radahn also earned his keep. Malenia wad born the strongest demigod by being the direct offspring of Godfrey and Marika.

Radahn only was a demigod by relation, a distant stepchild. But damn if he didn't work his way to conquering the stars all on his own. He became strongest through determination, and maybe also being like twenty feet tall 

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Radahn also earned his keep. Malenia wad born the strongest demigod by being the direct offspring of Godfrey and Marika.

Radahn only was a demigod by relation, a distant stepchild. But damn if he didn't work his way to conquering the stars all on his own. He became strongest through determination, and maybe also being like twenty feet tall 

Manelnia was actually Marika's and RADAGON's daughter. She's Rady's half-brother.

Though the point is still true, but I think the fact he Caria Royalty by birth, AND the Queen's stepson gave him a pretty privileged start in life  XD It's specifically stated however, he earned to wear Lion Armor like his idol Godfry. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Manelnia was actually Marika's and RADAGON's daughter. She's Rady's half-brother

That's right, got her family tree mixed up a little.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though the point is still true, but I think the fact he Caria Royalty by birth, AND the Queen's stepson gave him a pretty privileged start in life  XD It's specifically stated however, he earned to wear Lion Armor like his idol Godfry. 

You also find his pre-space conquering self, portrait in the volcano manor. He probably had a good relationship with his brother Rykard ;-; 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's right, got her family tree mixed up a little.

Hide contents

You also find his pre-space conquering self, portrait in the volcano manor. He probably had a good relationship with his brother Rykard ;-; 

Ranni gave Rykard some magical protection too, seemed like he was close with his siblings. Not a good person, but not evil..till the whole Snake thing