Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

13 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Empire of Marika seems like a mish-batch between Ancient Rome, the Byzantines, the Gaelic Kingdoms, and Arthurian Britian, which is just awesome XD

Don't forget Marika's distant people, the Numen, are straight up Tolkien stand-ins. Wouldn't be surprised if future DLC takes us to the Numen homeland

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Don't forget Marika's distant people, the Numen, are straight up Tolkien stand-ins. Wouldn't be surprised if future DLC takes us to the Numen homeland

I want Kingdom of Reeds way more XD They could reuse alot of Sekiro's assets to get it work

Plus, Kaiden is specifically described as a mountainous land. In most worlds, I’d assume that the horsemen coming from steep mountains would be a worldbuilding flaw, but in this one where jars can walk and horses can double jump, I just kind of assume there is probably gonna be some weird and hilarious lore explanation for it. 

I was exploring Caelid and I found something cool, the Gael tunnel. This might sound dumb, but I noticed outside there was a supply wagon of ore, with soldiers guarding it, and the men itself was controlled by the Redmane Army, with an outpost at the front, and some soldiers inside protecting the miners. 

x09Us08.jpg

And then I was like "OH, of course the army would be controlling and guarding key depots like a large mine in the region." 

It was always felt weird to me there were almost a zero presence of Imperial or Stormcloak soldiers guarding resources, but Elden Ring does it really well; seems like the commanders in-charge know what there doing instead of Mr. "Let's wait for Ulfric to attack Whiterun!" XD

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was exploring Caelid and I found something cool, the Gael tunnel. This might sound dumb, but I noticed outside there was a supply wagon of ore, with soldiers guarding it, and the men itself was controlled by the Redmane Army, with an outpost at the front, and some soldiers inside protecting the miners. 

x09Us08.jpg

And then I was like "OH, of course the army would be controlling and guarding key depots like a large mine in the region." 

It was always felt weird to me there were almost a zero presence of Imperial or Stormcloak soldiers guarding resources, but Elden Ring does it really well; seems like the commanders in-charge know what there doing instead of Mr. "Let's wait for Ulfric to attack Whiterun!" XD

Especially that tunnel, considering it is an entry point from Limgrave to Caelid. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Plus, Kaiden is specifically described as a mountainous land. In most worlds, I’d assume that the horsemen coming from steep mountains would be a worldbuilding flaw, but in this one where jars can walk and horses can double jump, I just kind of assume there is probably gonna be some weird and hilarious lore explanation for it. 

Actually it can work quite well, look at the Georgians (the Caucus mountain ones). They have a history of heavy mounted cavalry and the Caucus range is both cold as a witch's titty and steep. I would wager they're bordering a country with a mounted tradition, to foster one of their own. Plus their weapons of choice are designed to rip mounted enemies off their horses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Especially that tunnel, considering it is an entry point from Limgrave to Caelid. 

That would be good to have in a hellscape like Caelid XD

Makes what the Redmanes did even more heroic and tragic,

"When they were driven to defeat by Malenia's scarlet rot, the Redmane Knights burned the crest on the left breast of their armor to indicate their resolve.

"Alas, dear home, I shan't see you again! For our duty is to remain here, a bulwark against the blight."

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That would be good to have in a hellscape like Caelid XD

Makes what the Redmanes did even more heroic and tragic,

"When they were driven to defeat by Malenia's scarlet rot, the Redmane Knights burned the crest on the left breast of their armor to indicate their resolve.

"Alas, dear home, I shan't see you again! For our duty is to remain here, a bulwark against the blight."

Radahn and his army are the closest thing to heroic and good guys in the whole of the demigods, well...besides you know who.