Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That raises a question I've had the whole game. Is Godwyn the Golden, Godrick's father or sibling?

Godwyn was Marika’s son, right?

And Godrick is said to be the farthest removed from godhood. So I’d assume he’s neither Godwyn’s son nor his sibling. The relation would be more distant, like a nephew, grandson, cousin, or something.

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Godwyn was Marika’s son, right?

Considering the only three names of the Golden Lineage we know are "Chad Lad" Godfrey, Godwyn, and Godrick, you're probably right.

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And Godrick is said to be the farthest removed from godhood. So I’d assume he’s neither Godwyn’s son nor his sibling. The relation would be more distant, like a nephew, grandson, cousin, or something.

Something that didn't pop into my head the first playthrough was that the Grafted Scions, the many limbed enemies around Stormveil, are related to Godrick. Either his children, grandchildren (as they do have young looking faces) or his own distantly related family.

So part of the Golden Lineage but entirely removed from demigodhood

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Something I just now learned, Godrick wasn't yet grafted when he insulted and was handily beaten by Malenia. 

Which one is Malenia?

No surprise there, to be honest. Godrick was a chump even after the grafting. He must’ve been a complete wimp before. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think I’m on the right track for this. But before I proceed, it’s not going to mess with any other quests is it? 

Kinda. There's a few other NPC's that show up, but it skips one of there stages if you haven't found them yet, so both questlines are progressed 

Did you find Patches and Dialos in Linuria?

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda. There's a few other NPC's that show up, but it skips one of there stages if you haven't found them yet, so both questlines are progressed 

Reveal hidden contents

Did you find Patches and Dialos in Linuria?

I found both. Patches is just chilling on his island and Dialos returned to Roundtable, swore vengeance for his murdered servant, and disappeared again. 

21 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@Witchking of Angmar Have you got it yet? 

Yeah. And I've been playing it for a while. Running around in the Kaiden armor and swinging the Bloodhound's Fang. Though ever since I found one of those glintstone greatswords I've been tempted to respec into a melee sorcerer.

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though ever since I found one of those glintstone greatswords I've been tempted to respec into a melee sorcerer.

I feel like this game definitely has the tools to do a pretty badass "Witch-King" type of playthrough if one were to feel inclined. The sorceries are really cool and a lot seem to compliment a melee character well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like this game definitely has the tools to do a pretty badass "Witch-King" type of playthrough if one were to feel inclined. The sorceries are really cool and a lot seem to compliment a melee character well.

I'll probably do that for my second character. Current one will stay a Dex and Strength based warrior.

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!