Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah. He felt like one that GRRM would’ve had a hand in. Kind of a lovable dickhead country bumpkin. Basically half the characters who appear in the war-torn Riverlands.

You did the necklace quest then? That leads to the one where you get the Raging Wolf armor. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also I swear up and down I recognize Demon Souls era voice actors but cannot place my bloody finger on who

It's the same localization company who worked on Demon all those years ago; Frog nation! The hire primarily from the European theatre troups for voice actors! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It's the same localization company who worked on Demon all those years ago; Frog nation! The hire primarily from the European theatre troups for voice actors! 

Did they also have a hand in ds1? There was one or two returning folks, not counting Patches obviously.

Hawkeye Gough being the most obvious, same person who did blacksmith Ed and Boldwyn. Who coincidentally was also Jabba's Satan looking alien in return of the jedi

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Did they also have a hand in ds1? There was one or two returning folks, not counting Patches obviously.

Hawkeye Gough being the most obvious, same person who did blacksmith Ed and Boldwyn. Who coincidentally was also Jabba's Satan looking alien in return of the jedi

The only non-frog nation FROM game is Sekiro; which had an only "okay" translation. And the reason I play it with the Japanese dub XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve a started new game several times just to rewatch the intro. Seems like the Tarnished NPCs are more important than I thought, like Fia, Gideon, and seemingly Loux’s father(?).

Haven’t met Goldmask or the Loathsome Dung-Eater yet, but the latter sounds hilarious and gross. 

The narrator seems to have been having alot of fun with his role  XD

No spoilers; but Goldmask is one of the weirdest and coolest NPC's FROM has made.

An NPC will inform you when Dung-Eater appears (Rodrika) 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The narrator seems to have been having alot of fun with his role  XD

Yeah, I love the introductions of the Tarnished NPCs. "ARISE ye Tarnished! YE DEAD who yet live!

"… THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER!!!

"… And Sir Gideon Ofnir… THE ALL-KNOWING!!!"

Another great moment of a VA hamming it up to great effect is when Godrick enters his second phase and just lets loose with his insane screaming. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I love the introductions of the Tarnished NPCs. "ARISE ye Tarnished! YE DEAD who yet live!

"… THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER!!!

"… And Sir Gideon Ofnir… THE ALL-KNOWING!!!"

Another great moment of a VA hamming it up to great effect is when Godrick enters his second phase and just lets loose with his insane screaming. XD 

Godrick is such a fun and memorable fight, a deplorable, if not pitiful man that's so far removed by From's classic tragic hero archetype.

He's got a pretty sympathetic story, until he showed himself to be a horrid person