Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Made it to the gate and got the key from that dragon, but haven’t entered yet. I’m trying to explore the region as thoroughly as possible first. I stopped leveling at 50 though to make sure I don’t just breeze through it. Now I just spend my runes on consumables and crafting/upgrade stuff. 

That area is one of my favorites, but take your time. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

You know, the sad old Albanauric man that was hiding as a pot. Only Fromsoft would hide such an important and huge area of the map behind a totally missable quest in the early game :rofl:

I remember him. I just didn’t connect that she was the person he wanted me to find. There was a bit of a gap between me discovering both. Makes sense now considering she is an Albanauric.

I really lucked out with him actually. Found him by complete accident. 

@The Good Doctor I have a challenge for you, at the same or similar level you're at I tackled the Divine Tower of Caelid.

Non spoiler map location, you've probably grabbed the marker already.

Descend to the lowest point of the tower, and fight one of the coolest bosses in the game. It will be the hardest thing you've fought to this point, but the reward is greatly worth it.

20220318204530_1.thumb.jpg.2e771c215cc21bf2d80e58a1e854b85f.jpg

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor I have a challenge for you, at the same or similar level you're at I tackled the Divine Tower of Caelid.

Non spoiler map location, you've probably grabbed the marker already.

Hide contents

Descend to the lowest point of the tower, and fight one of the coolest bosses in the game. It will be the hardest thing you've fought to this point, but the reward is greatly worth it.

20220318204530_1.thumb.jpg.2e771c215cc21bf2d80e58a1e854b85f.jpg

Or he could do it on his own progression without doing silly soul level 1 tactics XD

So in preparation for a future pure mage character, I made Theudofrid XD

The wavy hair option is more akin to how I imagine him, but with much longer hair, so I chose the wild looking long hair as a go between.

20220319014513_1.thumb.jpg.d8d206f2d14a5a160e36c25ef355f198.jpg

Edit: and a less naked screenshot.

20220319015032_1.thumb.jpg.b26df029343b1a48534ac7793ec805eb.jpg

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Feels like, instead of what Dark/Souls and Demon Souls did, which was create lore solely in service to the game (which is very good in it's own regard, but it's the reason why I think D2 and D3 feel so tacked on, 1's lore was built for a single game), Elden Ring, like what Morrowind, created an ENTIRE world and setting from the group up (with so much on culture, history, and mythology. Most of which is actually represented in-game. '

Bloodborne did a similar thing; but on a much smaller scale (Bloodborne created a real city, EE created an entire world), which is why I think Elden Ring impresses me so much. 

George really was a great choice to help them. 

Elden Ring’s world and mythology seem like they might some of the best I can recall from a video game in years. I get LotR vibes with how mystical everything is, and there seems to be a coherence to it that I’m still figuring out.

It’s not as deep on the world, history, and factions as say Morrowind, but the more I dig, the stronger the mythological side seems to get. I’m very intrigued by the "Golden Order", the nature of the demigods, the Fingers, and this Greater Will. 

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'm very intrigued by the "Golden Order"

Have you discovered any Golden Order incantations? Not story spoilers, but just in case you hadn't discovered any yet.

They're interesting as it's manipulating the nature and law of the world using a kind of mathematical principle. Requiring both intelligence and faith for most of them, a few purely off int, a few purely off faith.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Have you discovered any Golden Order incantations?

I am not sure. I have a lot that I can’t cast so I haven’t paid them much attention yet. I’ll check some time to see if any are related to the Golden Order. Still have a bunch of descriptions to read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am not sure. I have a lot that I can’t cast so I haven’t paid them much attention yet. I’ll check some time to see if any are related to the Golden Order. Still have a bunch of descriptions to read.

You're going faith quality right? Luckily faith weapons lean hard to quality. There's like one dex faith, and two strength faith but it primarily goes off quality. 

Int ironically huuugely favors strength.

I haven’t played with respec because the game hasn’t really challenged me enough so far to determine if my build needs any changes. So for now I’m going to just stick with what I’m doing and keep playing with new weapons and abilities until I find something I really like or feel the need to make some sort of change.

I’m starting to think that Faith and Intelligence (the Nerd stats) just downright outclass Strength and Dex (the Chad stats). There are some seemingly ridiculous weapons that scale off the Nerd stats without any apparent drawback or downside compared to those from the Chad stats, but speccing Nerd comes with the huge bonus of allowing you to cast lots of super powerful spells as well. Something you just miss out on if you go Chad.