Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

New update hit, nerfed Hoarfrost Stomp, Bloody Slash and Mimic Tear. All that's missing is Moonveil, which is only op because it's literally bugged :rofl:

Fixed a bunch of npc questlines that were bugged and never could be finished, this happens for everybody. And they added a completely new npc.

More upgrade materteral from early game shops.

A wonderful update that I cannot play for three hours because internet is shit

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Apparently it did get a nerf that they forgot to document. It now does less poise damage. 

It's not the poise damage that was broken on this weapon, imagine if the Frayed Blade's overhead weapon art came out 50% faster but also dealt 1k damage in pvp. That's what's broken about moonveil

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ah yes. The Fromsoft post release tradition of demanding the nerf of certain playstyles, laughing when there nerfed, and then having a meltdown when YOUR playstyle  is the one that's on the chopping block next, i'm glad nothing's changed XD

It's a bugged weapon tho you ninny, it scales incorrectly. There's no way From intended a lightning fast weapon art to do that much damage.

Begone troll ;)

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t even know what Moonveil is or does.

It's an int katana. A bit of background is that it erroneously scales like a catalyst so with high int, it does insane damage with its ash of war.

Think what the basic katanas' weapon art from ds3, but sped up by about 50% and laser beams come out.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yo @The Good Doctor Something I forgot to mention that's real important.

You're on a time limit to complete Sorcerer Rogier's quest, I didn't learn that until it was too late in my first playthrough.

He's that mage you find in Stormveil, later moving to the Roundtable.

Time limit or progression limit? Because I think the latter applies to most NPC quests. 

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Time limit or progression limit? Because I think the latter applies to most NPC quests. 

I want to day time, because I hadn't progressed at all by the time the quest couldn't couldn't completed. Just kept exploring and doing everything in Liurnia, Limgrave and Caelid

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I want to day time, because I hadn't progressed at all by the time the quest couldn't couldn't completed. Just kept exploring and doing everything in Liurnia, Limgrave and Caelid

Apparently even visiting certain locations can be considered progression for the sake of certain NPC questlines. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Apparently even visiting certain locations can be considered progression for the sake of certain NPC questlines. 

Using that alternate route further north of Liurnia breaks a quest or two if you hadn't progressed them yet.

Theres an entire region in the game that if you complete too early it breaks like five npc's questlines

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Using that alternate route further north of Liurnia breaks a quest or two if you hadn't progressed them yet.

Theres an entire region in the game that if you complete too early it breaks like five npc's questlines

It's not a bug; it's called "The Point of No Return" for a reason XD

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's not a bug; it's called "The Point of No Return" for a reason XD

It’s not a bug, but I’m not a big fan of it, to be honest. There is nothing in the game to telegraph the fact that that walking past a certain point or riding down a random elevator will push you past a point of no return that will ruin questlines.

It punishes and discourages the very sort of exploration that I feel is otherwise one of the game’s best qualities. 

• Like 1

It’s not a bug, but I’m not a big fan of it, to be honest. There is nothing in the game to telegraph the fact that that walking past a certain point or riding down a random elevator will push you past a point of no return that will ruin questlines.

It punishes and discourages the very sort of exploration that I feel is otherwise one of the game’s best qualities. 

It's really far down the line and the game straight up tells you (and asks again through a dialogue choice) that doing this will change the world irreversibly. 

The one exception is Rogier, whose clearing falling apart XD

Try not to worry about it.

And this game, from what I’ve heard, had a lot of points of no return. 

There's three of them, and they happen right after each other. 

• Thanks 1