Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You mean the giant boss who chases me every time I get too close? XD 

He only aggros if he's attacked, so probably not the same thing. You did recieve an invitation to the that location right?

Either way, this boss is nothing compared to Gondorwyn and the Sir Lance that you parried ten times in a row

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Only to a very surface-level degree. I’ve galloped past a bunch of stuff on Torrent, claimed the map, and discovered a coupes grace sites. As far as the lore and locations go, they’re still pretty much a mystery to me. I’m really excited to reach a point where exploring it in depth is viable, but right now I think I’d likely get clobbered. I’m only in my 30s right now  

All I go there for is to farm the little guys in the wilds around the beast temple when I need runes to buy smithing stones.

The marsh is a really good stepping stone for you to go next, just saying XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

He only aggros if he's attacked, so probably not the same thing. You did recieve an invitation to the that location right?

I did receive the invitation, but he definitely aggros even if he’s not attacked. Sometimes I’ll be fighting the little guys and will get too close and he’ll come after me. You’re talking about the giant black winged thing guarding the front door, right?

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I did receive the invitation, but he definitely aggros even if he’s not attacked. Sometimes I’ll be fighting the little guys and will get too close and he’ll come after me. You’re talking about the giant black winged thing guarding the front door, right?

That I am, weird. He only attacked me if I swung first, did you feed the dog pope a deathroot?

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The marsh is a really good stepping stone for you to go next, just saying XD

That feels most natural. I might return to Lingrave for a bit just to wrap up a few things first (like one of those boss portals I skipped, and a few areas in the Weeping Peninsula I’d like to check out), then it’s off to the marshes. 

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That feels most natural. I might return to Lingrave for a bit just to wrap up a few things first (like one of those boss portals I skipped, and a few areas in the Weeping Peninsula I’d like to check out), then it’s off to the marshes. 

There's two legacy dungeons there, and if you thought Stormveil was great, you haven't seen anything XD

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Glad I went back to further explore Limgrave. I had missed the freaking dragon! Sick fight, although it was very easy. 

There mini-Midir's XD Really good; I love how they can destroy trees and set grass on fire. Great presentation, and fun. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There mini-Midir's XD Really good; I love how they can destroy trees and set grass on fire. Great presentation, and fun. 

It was waaaaay better than Midir just by virtue of it not taking 30 freaking minutes. XD 

I really enjoyed it. I was just riding in the Limgrave swamp, minding my business, about to cut down some soldiers, when out of nowhere freaking Alduin on stereoids swoops down and one shots all of them right before I arrive. I beat him on my first attempt, because Torrent is OP, but it was still one of the coolest things I’ve randomly bumped into in the open world so far. 

I also killed a boss in the new region who dropped a bell bearing that lets me purchase smithing stones. I am about to play with so many weapons. XD 

Went back and killed the Crucible Knight who kicked my ass the first time I was in the Stormveil area. He was a pretty solid boss compared to most other random world ones. Odd that he was tougher than Godrick or the dragon; makes me wonder what his deal was. Loved his second phase where he starts whipping out dragon aspect powers. 

Spoiler question

Are the dark rider world bosses the same guys from the intro who killed Godwyn the Golden on the Night of Black Knives and stole the Rune of Death? They look very much the same. If so, I’m guessing there are two more out there somewhere, because I think there were four in the into.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I also killed a boss in the new region who dropped a bell bearing that lets me purchase smithing stones. I am about to play with so many weapons. XD 

Went back and killed the Crucible Knight who kicked my ass the first time I was in the Stormveil area. He was a pretty solid boss compared to most other random world ones. Odd that he was tougher than Godrick or the dragon; makes me wonder what his deal was. Loved his second phase where he starts whipping out dragon aspect powers. 

Spoiler question

Hide contents

Are the dark rider world bosses the same guys from the intro who killed Godwyn the Golden on the Night of Black Knives and stole the Rune of Death? They look very much the same. If so, I’m guessing there are two more out there somewhere, because I think there were four in the into.

Cruicble Knights were the sworn Knights of Godfry the first Lord, there badass motherfuckers. They can channel "the aspect of the crucible" that lets them grow the body parts of primordial lifeforms. 

No, but that plot point (and all the people involved) are explored in detail! Keep exploring and interacting. Did you get to the bottom of Stormveil? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I ran past him and grabbed the thing he was guarding. A talisman, right? Can’t remember what if does off the top of my head. 

Did you see what was in the area? 

Elden-Ring-2022.02.18-22.40.59.16.mp4_00

The fact in the ground. If you read the description of the talisman it reveals that its a part Godwyn's corpse that was dumped after the Night of Knives XD

• Like 1