Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just a side quest, eh?

Don’t spoil anything for me, just tell me this.

Do you know if it possible to go do it now? Or is it locked behind MQ progression?

And is it north of the swamp?

No. You have to kill "two shardbearers" to access the area. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

So far, I’m loving the Twinblde even though I kinda suck with it. It’s nice and unique to what I usually rock with. Coupled with some light magic and it’s not my usual starter. But I’m not sure I want to commit to it for the whole game. So much else to choose from…

Twinblades are amazing, there's one twinblade used by a certain boss that's my favorite of the bunch. It's got thrust r2's in both 1 and 2 handed.

Hardest thing about twinblades to me is the long recovery time after a 2 handed r1. It gets me smacked around by enemies

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Twinblades are amazing, there's one twinblade used by a certain boss that's my favorite of the bunch. It's got thrust r2's in both 1 and 2 handed.

Hardest thing about twinblades to me is the long recovery time after a 2 handed r1. It gets me smacked around by enemies

There are MORE Twinblades?!!!

I am excited. 

And yeah, that right there is exactly why I suck with them. I can do mad damage but that recovery has me taking a lot too from anybody that survives and doesn’t get locked. Luckily, the L2 is really good for stunning. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t see much value in using a twinblade one-handed though. 

One handed twinblade is for when you need to rock a shield or spell tool and be aggressive before switching back two handed. It comes out way faster and the recovery time is either that or less of a straight sword.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There are MORE Twinblades?!!!

I am excited. 

You have twinswords for strength, dex, quality, dark, and holy.

Meant to mention it this morning, but I beat Elden Ring last night. The ending I did makes the Dark Lord endings of ds1 and 3 look like pussy shit.

Without spoiler I will say the final boss of the game was really anticlimactic, in a similar situation to how Gehrman was a better boss than Moon Presence, the leadup final bosses are way better.

It's an amazing game, and the best they've ever made. But the technical issues hold it back from a perfect score for me.

An entire weapon catagory is bugged, graphics issues that cause crashes in a certain area, extreme latency in multiplayer. These are unbiased negatives that take away from the experience a bit.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's an amazing game, and the best they've ever made. But the technical issues hold it back from a perfect score for me.

An entire weapon catagory is bugged, graphics issues that cause crashes in a certain area, extreme latency in multiplayer. These are unbiased negatives that take away from the experience a bit.

That;s what you got for getting an AMD GPU XD

• Haha 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

And nah, I thought the second half of the final boss was awesome. 

Hide contents

The Elden Beast is quite possibly the most beautiful designed boss i've seen. I think they were inspired by the Nightwalker from Princess Monokoke 

ryKJLflWQM1d1RkG0a7y1sfjFJh2ESH_mmFKvtve

You fight a cosmic fish, in an admittedly beautiful arena. Queen Marika and the Erdtree/Order are all godly entities, I still hold to that even though they're the same being, we should have fought the female aspect of Marika after the Elden Beast. She had been hyped up the entire game, like how Gwyn was in 1, and I was literally on the edge of my seat ready to fight after the beast aaaaand game's over.

It's anticlimactic in that regard, Radagon should be a lesser aspect of Marika even though they became the same person. As Marika destroyed the Elden Ring, but Radagon was unable to repair it (even though I get the symbology of it's easy to destroy a thing then fix a thing).

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And nah, I thought the second half of the final boss was awesome. 

Hide contents

The Elden Beast is quite possibly the most beautiful designed boss i've seen. I think they were inspired by the Nightwalker from Princess Monokoke 

ryKJLflWQM1d1RkG0a7y1sfjFJh2ESH_mmFKvtve

I think the entirety of Caelid was heavily inspired by both Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa. You have a nightmare hellscape of rot and giant creatures being held back solely by the remnants of General Radahn's army. Held up in their castle fighting against the tide of said rot and creatures. Hell General Radahn before Malenia bitched out because she nearly lost and rotted Radahn's brains, he was also holding back the spread. 

There's even a Lord Yupa insert in Redmane Castle XD

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor Have you explored any of the Caelid Wilds since that trap roofied your character?

Only to a very surface-level degree. I’ve galloped past a bunch of stuff on Torrent, claimed the map, and discovered a coupes grace sites. As far as the lore and locations go, they’re still pretty much a mystery to me. I’m really excited to reach a point where exploring it in depth is viable, but right now I think I’d likely get clobbered. I’m only in my 30s right now  

All I go there for is to farm the little guys in the wilds around the beast temple when I need runes to buy smithing stones.

• Like 1