Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The dude at Roundtable Hold looking for his lost servant was one. 

The leader’s adopted daughter was another, but she said she was leaving so that’s no surprise.

Patches is no longer in his emporium.

It’s not a complaint. I expect that most of them will turn up later. I’m just curious which actions of mine triggered some of this stuff. 

Oh no those are all fine, just explore the lake alot, and you'll find them XD

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

The Two Fingers at the Roundtable Hold are creepy as sin. 

Also, in typical Fromsoft fashion, NPCs keep disappearing and I have no idea where to!!! I really hope I’m not screwing up any quests by progressing in the world. It’s really easy to miss stuff. 

Oh and I find this point hilarious considering Martin's infamous for his obsession with "fingers" and "hand" terminology/symbolism. They made it literal this time XD

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also Doc, don't dismiss the damage reduction talismans. Unlike ds3 where they're barely noticeable, they are very powerful this go around.

No spoilers, against an end game boss, one turned what was over 70% health damage into around 40%

I have been using one that does the opposite. Take more damage but with a very nice boost to a number of stats. I’ve barely noticed the damage increase tbh. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I have been using one that does the opposite. Take more damage but with a very nice boost to a number of stats. I’ve barely noticed the damage increase tbh. 

You wearing heavy armor right? I noticed the defense debuff is real small compared to ds3's. But then again it's more alike to Prisoner's Chain debuff

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s really hard to decide where I want to take my build right now. I like so many weapons I don’t know what to invest in. XD 

They really upped the ante. It's like they added Bloodborne's quality, but gave it Dark Souls levels of variety. XD

It’s March. Elden Ring should be the best selling game so far. :lol: It’ll be much more impressive if it holds up through December. I doubt God of War beats it because of PS exclusivity. Starfield will be a contender because Bethesda are superb at marketing their own games (even though they suck at doing it for others), but it’s crippled by being a new IP that doesn’t look very interesting.

Horizon is apparently getting its ass kicked, which is funny because of how petty some of the devs have been. XD But also, PS exclusive.

I don’t really care how things wind up. I got a good game and that’s all that matters. But if ER does perform the best, it will probably be well-deserved.  

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s March. Elden Ring should be the best selling game so far. :lol: It’ll be much more impressive if it holds up through December. I doubt God of War beats it because of PS exclusivity. Starfield will be a contender because Bethesda are superb at marketing their own games (even though they suck at doing it for others), but it’s crippled by being a new IP that doesn’t look very interesting.

Horizon is apparently getting its ass kicked, which is funny because of how petty some of the devs have been. XD But also, PS exclusive.

I don’t really care how things wind up. I got a good game and that’s all that matters. But if ER does perform the best, it will probably be well-deserved.  

It's extra impressive, cause it's only been out for two weeks, but it's already the fifth best selling game of the last twelve month period that ended right as it came out XD But yeah, sales only matter to me in regards to it doing well so the devs can work on more good games, and gamers all get to experience another banger. 

I just find it funny i'm seeing alot of people who've never glanced at Souls games being suddenly aware of Elden Ring XD

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s really hard to decide where I want to take my build right now. I like so many weapons I don’t know what to invest in. XD 

The Claymore is an extremely solid weapon, it's it's only greatsword in the whole game to have a thrust r2, and it's incredibly fast after the windup.

I'd recommended rocking that for a while, look for it in the far south ;)

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It's extra impressive, cause it's only been out for two weeks, but it's already the fifth best selling game of the last twelve month period that ended right as it came out XD

Oh, that is way more impressive. I thought it just meant January through March. That would’ve been like… yeah, obviously. XD 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Claymore is an extremely solid weapon, it's it's only greatsword in the whole game to have a thrust r2, and it's incredibly fast after the windup.

I'd recommended rocking that for a while, look for it in the far south ;)

I’ve got it. Haven’t used it though because for once I’m trying not to do my usual "heavy armor, strength, greatsword" thing that I always fall into. And if I do, it’ll probably be with something more unique.

So far, I’m loving the Twinblde even though I kinda suck with it. It’s nice and unique to what I usually rock with. Coupled with some light magic and it’s not my usual starter. But I’m not sure I want to commit to it for the whole game. So much else to choose from…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I like how it harkens back to the original myth were Odin, while being a war-god, was also a trickster on the level of Loki, who used powerful magic, was the spymaster of the Gods, and a manipulative prick obsessed with knowledge XD

Surely you’re not implying to me that Gideon is a manipulative prick or a trickster…