Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Have you met Bleihd btw? The wolf-man? He's one of my favorite NPC and has a cool side quest XD

Of cooooourse he is one of your favorites :rofl:

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Does that mean dagger builds are actually pretty solid?

Actually yeah, they're fast and can proc bleed, poison and rot real fast on arc builds.

*Puts sign down to help randoms

*Mage picks me up, obviously new at the game

*Giantdad invades, we both well what is it

*Host starts spamming magic as I'm about to duel the invader

*I step aside and let the host learn something

*I only kill mobs around host, invader ignores me, I ignore him

*They get roll caught to death by a zwei

*We both do well what is it over the host as they die

*Welcome to elden ring

So... Malenia.

No salt incoming, the entire Souls community already has enough dislike for her one shot combo.

I haven't reached phase 2 yet, but outside her combo that heals all her health back if you block, or kills you if she didnt do it far enough away to run away. I think she's a fair fight, her attacks are fast but dodgeable.

Honestly, I want to beat her before she's nerfed :rofl:

I refuse to change builds to proc bleed, even though faith is the weakest of all builds against her. Wish me luck @BigBossBalrog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

My game keeps having an AMD graphics card crash against a certain boss. Wish me luck boys, otherwise From needs to get off their ass and patch the issue real soon.

Folks using the same driver I have also experienced this

The tech shortages, the bad performance in games that normally run well, the compounding effort required just to have a good time, or even start a game… The signs once subtle have grown common as clouds in the sky. The age of PC mastery is waning. The money sinking, the smugness, the disdain for the peasantry below, all will be answered when the time of reckoning descends upon thee.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The tech shortages, the bad performance in games that normally run well, the compounding effort required just to have a good time, or even start a game… The signs once subtle have grown common as clouds in the sky. The age of PC mastery is waning. The money sinking, the smugness, the disdain for the peasantry below, all will be answered when the time of reckoning descends upon thee.

All praise be to 10 FPS Blighttown, delivery of bad performance and devourer of the flame of burning graphics cards! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Played about a hundred hours. Haven't been this into a game for awhile XD

I finally finished Stormveil on my last session. That was an excellent dungeon.

Also, the twinblade is really fun. I kept putting my sign down just so I could rekill Godrick with it in other people’s worlds. That thing is stylish.

Godrick was also way easier than Margit, in my opinion. But a fun fight, nevertheless. I love his phase 2.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I finally finished Stormveil on my last session. That was an excellent dungeon.

Also, the twinblade is really fun. I kept putting my sign down just so I could rekill Godrick with it in other people’s worlds. That thing is stylish.

Godrick was also way easier than Margit, in my opinion. But a fun fight, nevertheless. I love his phase 2.

There's an NPC in Limgrave (You found him asking for help as he's being attacked by demi-humans and he gives a really cool side-quest) who mentions Godrick dressed in drag and fled with the woman-folk to escape one of his siblings, so yeah he's pretty pathetic XD But still scary. The Demigods have alot more character then past Souls villians. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

YOOOOOOOOOOO, Elden Ring has the best dragon fight hands down, bar none.

First tried his ass too! It's a shame I nearly missed this boss, right at the end of the game, I'm looking up to see if I missed any bosses and he was one.

You mean 

King Ghidorah 

XD
  • Haha 1

Do not open Doc, end game spoiler. 

@BigBossBalrog

Godfrey, the real version, was an absolute beast (hue). Went into the fight with the greatsword and got him to phase 2 first try, then got beat to death with his coke nail. Tried the greatsword about three more times and decided on a different strategy, good damage but I was only able to safely hit at the end of combos, so never got a stagger.

Tried greatshield and light weapons, defensive but unable to pump the damage numbers up and was whittled down by phase 2 easily. Passivity isn't the way either, nowhere near stagger.

The strategy that worked was what I'd call Aggressive Trading, went with the greatshield and a great lance weapon (forgot the name, it's the crucible knight one) but forced myself to be far less passive. Be constantly trading with pokes or r2s when able. The constant pressure, poise damage and good damage allowed for staggers and ripostes. I was rocking the super anti-physical damage talisman and heavy armor the whole time so his most damaging grab attacks didnt even do half my bar. Managed to get him with no heals left but by myself. He's a really solid boss, hits like a tank and is fast with his greataxe, but well telegraphed and surprisingly not at all punishing with his delays. I quickly learned never roll away from his combos early on.

Gwyn wishes he was as chad as Godfrey :rofl:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

The Two Fingers at the Roundtable Hold are creepy as sin. 

Also, in typical Fromsoft fashion, NPCs keep disappearing and I have no idea where to!!! I really hope I’m not screwing up any quests by progressing in the world. It’s really easy to miss stuff. 

Which NPC's? 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Which NPC's? 

The dude at Roundtable Hold looking for his lost servant was one. 

The leader’s adopted daughter was another, but she said she was leaving so that’s no surprise.

Patches is no longer in his emporium.

It’s not a complaint. I expect that most of them will turn up later. I’m just curious which actions of mine triggered some of this stuff.