Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor It's real difficult, but with a huge amount of patience and drawing things to fight one at a time, you can make it to the area of the southwest of Caelid. If you can manage the nightmarescape further in, the runes will be very generous 

I have discovered the whole map (not Grace sites, just cleared the fog of war) in Caelid. It’s pretty easy to navigate if you just gallop past everything on Torrent. XD 

52 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is it just me or is armor drop rates the lowest they've ever been in ER?

Been farming for nearly two hours (off and on) just to get the kaiden helmet. I'm about to just get it duped from Nick if it don't fucking drop

I’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve been getting showered in random armor drops, but can’t for the life of me find armor pieces that are hand placed in the world. 

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve been getting showered in random armor drops, but can’t for the life of me find armor pieces that are hand placed in the world. 

They're out there, but outside of stealing Patches' pajamas, I don't recall any being in Limgrave

I'm pretty disappointed Elden Ring suffers from the same thing as ds3. There's versions of enemies with way cooler looking armor...that don't drop their armor.

Foreshame Meme-feet-Zaki, everyone wanting the elite lothric knight armor from 3 should have been a clue not to lock better looking sets from players.

The blackflame monks won't drop their curved sword and the banished knights from Castle Sol won't drop their blue armor

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

After what Marvel did to Norse Mythology, i'm so glad we have a game like Elden Ring that use it and classical mythology with such efficiency XD

Yooooooooooo!

Just beat the big bad of the area, first try let's go ooooh!

I did not expect to fight fucking lovechild of Balor and H.P. Lovecraft. Seriously have a second favorite from boss of all time. General "Literally-A-Star" Radahn still takes the cake.

I was completely out of all my health juice, half of it went towards learning the Fire Giant's moves. Fromsoft doing my favorite mythological race justice, even if I just wiped out the last of their race XD

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

After what Marvel did to Norse Mythology, i'm so glad we have a game like Elden Ring that use it and classical mythology with such efficiency XD

I’m all about taking shots at Marvel, but that’s not really fair. It’s a comic book super hero series. Mythology isn’t the goal.

Plus, there has been a lot of good Norse themed stuff in the last decade or so. Vikings have been all the rage lately.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bottom of a lift shaft?

It's near the grace with a fat warrior and his dog outside the door down some stairs.

To the door's right, coming from the grace, there will be a body that held an item sitting on a ledge.

That's not a death-drop, if you're at full hp you can survive the fall. Be ready for a tough fight down there however