Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

YOOOOOOO!

Doc, don't open this one.

@BigBossBalrog

Hide contents

Have you found the Lord of Blood yet? HIs boss fight was fucking tight, Nick guided me on the quest so I could find him and beat him in four attempts. Granted he was a boss I used spirits on, a serious high point in bosses, second to Radahn in my favorite.

I found him by complete accident. His lore is super fucked up 

Just a little tip for you Doc; there's a series of Incantations (new name for miracles) that have really low Faith investment requiments and you got them with a talisman that scales them with strength, so you might want to rock that, since the Dragon miracles usually have a low requirement 

46 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor I'm curious, what's your thoughts on the lore and world so far? 

The world is really cool from a design standpoint. It’s vast and diverse and I basically feel like I’m just stumbling from secret to secret and it hasn’t even begun to run out.

Far as the lore and writing goes, I don’t have a damned clue. XD I’ve pieced some things together here and there, but I’m still way out of my depth. I have no idea what’s significant about being Tarnished, who most of the major players are (besides Godrick), the mechanics of magic, the role of dragons, what the deal is with the Erdtree, or what the Elden Ring was. 

But I’m still very early, so I’m sure things will come together as I play. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The world is really cool from a design standpoint. It’s vast and diverse and I basically feel like I’m just stumbling from secret to secret and it hasn’t even begun to run out.

Far as the lore and writing goes, I don’t have a damned clue. XD I’ve pieced some things together here and there, but I’m still way out of my depth. I have no idea what’s significant about being Tarnished, who most of the major players are (besides Godrick), the mechanics of magic, the role of dragons, what the deal is with the Erdtree, or what the Elden Ring was. 

But I’m still very early, so I’m sure things will come together as I play. 

It opens up alot in that department once you slay Godrick XD

Been playing around with lots of weapons since I have limited resources to upgrade with. The lance on horseback is really good. Beat the Tree Sentinel on my first try ever, and also beat the night rider down on the peninsula with it.

Found the twinblade, so I might play with that next time. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Been playing around with lots of weapons since I have limited resources to upgrade with. The lance on horseback is really good. Beat the Tree Sentinel on my first try ever, and also beat the night rider down on the peninsula with it.

Found the twinblade, so I might play with that next time. 

The Weeping Penisula is optional, but has a ton of good shit, so it's a great place to spend time. Dont rush to Stormveil. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The Weeping Penisula is optional, but has a ton of good shit, so it's a great place to spend time. Dont rush to Stormveil. 

The last thing I did for tonight was kill the boss in that castle in the southern corner. Castle Morne, I think it was called. Cool area. 

I also took out the erdtree avatar down there. The reward for that one was sweet. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The last thing I did for tonight was kill the boss in that castle in the southern corner. Castle Morne, I think it was called. Cool area. 

I also took out the erdtree avatar down there. The reward for that one was sweet. 

Did you do the NPC quest? 

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Did you do the NPC quest? 

I tried but I think I screwed it up.

A blind girl sent me there to find her dad. I made it all the way to the boss without ever seeing him, then killed the boss, then backtracked and found the guy. He talked like he wanted me to kill the boss for him and bring back its sword, but be never acknowledged that I had already done it. When I returned to the girl, she was dead with one of the beasts’ cleavers nearby. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I tried but I think I screwed it up.

Hide contents

A blind girl sent me there to find her dad. I made it all the way to the boss without ever seeing him, then killed the boss, then backtracked and found the guy. He talked like he wanted me to kill the boss for him and bring back its sword, but be never acknowledged that I had already done it. When I returned to the girl, she was dead with one of the beasts’ cleavers nearby. 

It ends the same, the way I progressed it was I gave him the letter (he refused to move till i got the sword), got the sword and he thanked me and said he'd find his daughter. Only difference is when you go to the girl, he's there crying about putting his duty before her.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though I think your underlevelled for it

I am. The weakest enemies there can two-shot me. But I have gotten somewhat familiar with a section of it because I realized they drop like 1200 runes and started farming them to buy stonesword keys. Backstab + R1 stunlock trumps 2-hit KO.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am. The weakest enemies there can two-shot me. But I have gotten somewhat familiar with a section of it because I realized they drop like 1200 runes and started farming them to buy stonesword keys. Backstab + R1 stunlock trumps 2-hit KO.

There's another area you can go to after beating Stormveil, but feel free to farm XD