Spooktober Gaming

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, it’s great to see the horror remake trend remaining solid. That’s good for the whole genre. 

I'd be a little more worried...if Konami hadn't announced a new Japanese Silent Hill, and Capcom doing about 1 new game per remake XD So I'm not worried about devs just doing remakes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Konami's throwing them some amazing contracts right now. 

One can hope. As long as they retain the same quality and care, then I say keep ‘em coming. XD 

Crazy thing, between this and Ghost of Yotei, a PS5 is finally starting to look appealing to me. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

One can hope. As long as they retain the same quality and care, then I say keep ‘em coming. XD 

Crazy thing, between this and Ghost of Yotei, a PS5 is finally starting to look appealing to me. 

Took half a generation :rofl:

Going to get the pro? 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd be a little more worried...if Konami hadn't announced a new Japanese Silent Hill, and Capcom doing about 1 new game per remake XD So I'm not worried about devs just doing remakes. 

I appreciate that both studios have actually made their remakes substantially different on the gameplay front. It feels more justified to pay for a retold story when it’s basically a brand new experience in many ways.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yep pretty much :rofl:

I might stick to the regular then. Sony must think they’re some hot shit to charge basically $800 for the full package on a console that’s only marginally more capable than its predecessor or the Xbox. I hope it sells like garbage just to humble their asses.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I might stick to the regular then. Sony must think they’re some hot shit to charge basically $800 for the full package on a console that’s only marginally more capable than its predecessor or the Xbox. I hope it sells like garbage just to humble their asses.

Arrogant Sony is back in full force despite all their games being cross-gen XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Arrogant Sony is back in full force despite all their games being cross-gen XD

This happened in a previous generation. Can’t remember if it was PS3 or 4, but they jacked the console price up to $700 back then as well and it hurt their sales badly. 

And now they’re doing it again in the worst economic climate since 2008, when people are paying more than double just to eat. Pricks.

But back to Silent Hill. I read that enemies (not sure if some or all) spawn differently on reloads and replays, so like if you get jumped by a monster in a kitchen, but die later on and reload, you might return to that kitchen only to find the monster gone… then it jumps you in the bedroom instead.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But back to Silent Hill. I read that enemies (not sure if some or all) spawn differently on reloads and replays, so like if you get jumped by a monster in a kitchen, but die later on and reload, you might return to that kitchen only to find the monster gone… then it jumps you in the bedroom instead.

Yeah Dead Space Remake had a similar system XD The original had a system where an audio or visual scare might happen...and might not, which has been retained in the Remake. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

And people are saying that the enemies are very smart, aggressive, and dangerous. Like any given encounter can quickly become a stressful fight for your life. 

All the bosses and enemies were overhauled to be much more dangerous; there's a focus on melee combat too. 

Game is fantastic so far; really the picture of what I wanted from a SH game in 2024. Atmosphere (especially the fog is absolutely incredible. Sound design (monsters, noises ambiance, voice acting) is top notch too. Combat is brutal by very satisfying. Story presentation is great so far. They seem to have expanded the playscape a great deal; there's alot more sections of the town explorable, alongside new puzzles.

Screenshot(636).thumb.png.42f238cd2d689a3bd3922e0535bc7efc.png

Screenshot(637).thumb.png.0ec14282ec5268f05528606bfd9c175e.png

Screenshot(638).thumb.png.69e8ad2fc06bdc61d06e257ea8f2e2d8.pngScreenshot(640).thumb.png.e05dffffafbf41a1fa821881165069d5.pngScreenshot(641).thumb.png.8e61b6b2a84cb839792d2ce8c5ed1c66.pngScreenshot(644).thumb.png.ef0615382ab13c9cdf39282bc7b6721f.pngScreenshot(650).thumb.png.00111924ecd5630dd3c5f25f4a3ee91a.png

• Like 1