Spooktober Gaming

I just saw that there is a Barrow Wight scene in Rings of Power season 2 and it is about as lame as they could’ve made it.

Besides being lore-breaking (they were created by the Witch-King in the books, who obviously doesn’t exist yet considering that the nine rings haven’t even been forged), all they did was spawn like normal ghosts and slowly float towards the protagonists to be cut down by swords in a generic fight scene  

In the books they used mist and illusions to disorient the Hobbits, make them think they’d traveled far greater distances than they had, separate them, and lull them to sleep before dragging them back to the barrows one-by-one. When Frodo came to, all he ever saw of the wights was a giant creepy arm walking around the corner on its fingers like a spider.

On 9/8/2024 at 8:25 PM, The Good Doctor said:

I just saw that there is a Barrow Wight scene in Rings of Power season 2 and it is about as lame as they could’ve made it.

Besides being lore-breaking (they were created by the Witch-King in the books, who obviously doesn’t exist yet considering that the nine rings haven’t even been forged), all they did was spawn like normal ghosts and slowly float towards the protagonists to be cut down by swords in a generic fight scene  

In the books they used mist and illusions to disorient the Hobbits, make them think they’d traveled far greater distances than they had, separate them, and lull them to sleep before dragging them back to the barrows one-by-one. When Frodo came to, all he ever saw of the wights was a giant creepy arm walking around the corner on its fingers like a spider.

That's so disappointing, cause I thought the Sauron as a mud monster was some pretty cool imagery.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's so disappointing, cause I thought the Sauron as a mud monster was some pretty cool imagery.

Maybe you’d feel differently than I did. Because I thought the mud monster was pretty pathetic. XD Although a big part of that was how it happened. Sauron is such a bitch in this show. 

That reminds me, I played a demo yesterday for a game called Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon, which revolves around a mystical plague.

It’s fairly janky, still being a long way from complete, but there is a lot of potential here for something good if they clean it up. It’s very reminiscent of TES, being an open world RPG where you can build your character around combat, magic, stealth, or a blend, but in a darker and more horror leaning Arthurian legend setting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That reminds me, I played a demo yesterday for a game called Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon, which revolves around a mystical plague.

It’s fairly janky, still being a long way from complete, but there is a lot of potential here for something good if they clean it up. It’s very reminiscent of TES, being an open world RPG where you can build your character around combat, magic, stealth, or a blend, but in a darker and more horror leaning Arthurian legend setting.

Tainted Grail is a really popular Tabletop RPG, so it's cool to see a TES Clone made.

Bad news for Bethesda XD With all these clones finally sprouting up, they no longer have "ITS THE ONLY TYPE OF ITS KIND" defense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Tainted Grail is a really popular Tabletop RPG, so it's cool to see a TES Clone made.

Bad news for Bethesda XD With all these clones finally sprouting up, they no longer have "ITS THE ONLY TYPE OF ITS KIND" defense. 

Even TES was originally based off a tabletop being run by the guys at Bethesda so it’s hardly an origin without potential to grow into its own unique thing. 

I’d recommend giving it a try. Like I said, it’s a little janky, but it is very easy to see a strong competitor for Bethesda’s style beneath the jank. It’s very similar, with how you can loot all the misc items, level up skills by using them, play in first person, etc. It even has more clothing/armor slots than Skyrim.

With a couple years’ refinement, this seems like serious competition, and from an indie dev no less. 

df2ic1x-32fcbb31-02cc-4933-9751-4848b784

Ya'll should watch Mad God. It was made by the dude who did the stop motion for the OG Star Wars movies, took thirty years, and had the creator committed to an Asylum for a couple of years after a mental breakdown. I think it's one of the most beautiful "animated" horror movies ever made (produced entirely with stop-motion!)

Mad+God+apocalyptic+wasteland.gif?format

mad-god-punching.gif

• Thanks 1