Spooktober Gaming

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Her one weakness would be a drunk priest too stubborn to give two fucks about ghosts. The F.E.A.R version of Bloodborne's -99 insight NPC XD

Alma isn’t Pennywise. I don’t think she cares how many fucks someone gives about ghosts. She’ll spontaneously combust you either way. XD 

• Haha 1

Retro Realms (The Halloween and Evil Dead crossover retro platformer) just announced some DLC characters. Apparently the main girl from Ash vs the Evil Dead and Laurie Strode from Halloween. Would have liked to see Evil Ash from Army of Darkness, but whatever. 

bonus-1.webp.34a6e46c802bee8ab4dbf4cbbccfa9e0.webp

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That would’ve been way better. Evil Ash is one of the most fun characters in the movie, but Kelly is easily the most boring of the main trio in AvtED.

I think all the choices would be a little underwhelming compared to Ash Williams and fucking Michael Myers XD But maybe theyll add more  

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Shinji been's a producer/director for like forty years in the game industry, so I'd take his word that Monster Hunter is eating the Dinosaur market XD Huge shame, but Monster Hunter is Capcom's second biggest IP at this point. (and World is there highest selling game ever) 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Shinji been's a producer/director for like forty years in the game industry, so I'd take his word that Monster Hunter is eating the Dinosaur market XD Huge shame, but Monster Hunter is Capcom's second biggest IP at this point. (and World is there highest selling game ever) 

It’s crazy because besides having dinosaurs the two games are nothing alike.

One is a cartoonish open world anime adventure. The other is a grounded and grizzly survival horror. How in the world are they even competitors?

I know what it got brought up. Capcom have been doing tons of customer surveys lately and a return of Dino Crisis is always one of the most desired projects.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s crazy because besides having dinosaurs the two games are nothing alike.

One is a cartoonish open world anime adventure. The other is a grounded and grizzly survival horror. How in the world are they even competitors?

I know what it got brought up. Capcom have been doing tons of customer surveys lately and a return of Dino Crisis is always one of the most desired projects.

Maybe he meant that Capcom perceives it as potentially cannibalizing sales?

After seven years, the Silent Hill enhanced team is finished with 2; they're apparently moving onto to 3 next. I wonder if the fact there's an amazing and polished/reburnished version of the original game available now means we'll get less of the "THEY'RE RUINING IT" about the Remake XD

• Like 1

Been playing Penumbra Overture. It was the first game by Frictional, and is pretty much a prototype Amnesia. Games is really atmospheric so far; takes place in a frozen wasteland; modern day Greenland. Huge The Thing vibes. 

1594394519_908c1c96fa7c0cb4db1441a297062545.jpg.9cfa871415d6070b2a875dacc4da7b81.jpg

Music is awesome

• Like 1

So yeah Penumbra was really good. It has an absolutely horrible (BUY THE SEQUEL ENDING) but that isn't a problem, since it's out already XD Game mainly takes place in an underground mine; but there's alot of great elements of winter still present. The story is very intriguing (with vague references to a pathogen and Inuit spirits). What's crazy is there's a rudimentary combat system that lets you fight if you choose (and it has a janky, Frictional-esque melee system where you use physics weapons :rofl:)

1515336500_2.gif.ce6c7fc17669223baa07255bc71c5d3e.gif

Absolutely love the overall atmosphere though.

download.gif.b844b86b23a882ced0e14186c5f43263.gif

41c254239a12d46a9e43b551b40882e9d2841b3a

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So much better than that darkverse shite.

It’s so crazy that that was a thing they tried to do. XD Horror movies like this are so much more obvious uses for these IPs.

Hope it’s good. The trailer doesn’t really indicate much in the same way Nosferatu’s did.