Spooktober Gaming

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

i take back what I said lol they emptied their rifles on that damn thing im gonna call a Mimic. In clips of that scene it didnt seem that bad, but watching it all together, yikes. Very unsettling. Definitely a sort of pocket realm hunter, Lovecraft has a story of something like that in a wax figure museum.

I knew you'd like it XD

• Haha 1

Watched the first half. As soon as I heard the words tulpa, I knew it was going to be wild. Don't really know what to think so far, besides the fact the production quality is great and there's alot of deliciously disturbing imagery (like the funky Fetus). My favorite episode so far is the one with the miners. That was a great breakdown. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

On the topic of horror, I rewatched Alien this evening. Never stops being amazing. Now I’m on Aliens.

Make sure you watch the Director's cut XD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My favorite episode so far is the one with the miners. That was a great breakdown. 

That was my favorite too, until later on when it gets even better. Favorite now is the latest one.

As soon as I heard the words tulpa, I knew it was going to be wild.

Yeaaaah. XD Terrifying concept. 

Make sure you watch the Director's cut XD

Wait, really? I’ve seen this movie many times but never the Director’s Cut.

I’d always heard that the original version is better. Guess you prefer the DC?

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That was my favorite too, until later on when it gets even better. Favorite now is the latest one.

Yeaaaah. XD Terrifying concept. 

Wait, really? I’ve seen this movie many times but never the Director’s Cut.

I’d always heard that the original version is better. Guess you prefer the DC?

I like both Director Cuts more. There's some really great scenes I can't live without. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's unfortatnley a standalone; the other backrooms stuff is...way more weird XD

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Link me more of those in our dm pretty please lol

Actually, come to think of it, there was another "tacicool vs supernatural/analog" video I remember really liking. Lengthy too. This one is set in the SCP universe. 

• Like 1

I feel personally attacked XD Some of his new 4k transfers are apparently fucking horrible, cause their using alot of AI's to do the bulk of the work. 

1f0473bfd8b8c5c3.thumb.jpg.4925203be3bf3f1ca16b360ac2dd25f7.jpg

ai-can-ruin-movies-now-too-aliens-and-true-lies-on-4k-v0-lzt04yengz2d1.thumb.webp.a8fd96b6674d2490a1685f989bbe977c.webp

u4fw19ex6wcd1.jpeg.958b9504bc8b5ef6f9b15643b01e8aa0.jpeg

lazy-a-i-upscaling-strikes-again-this-time-in-the-upcoming-v0-ahlb3cx55wcd1.thumb.webp.c7160f270199d6f2dbe1bb131990216b.webp

Also keep in mind upscale 4K boutique releases cost an arm and leg. They want you to buy this shit.  

I just reread the Barrow Wight chapter of Fellowship of the Ring. It’s not something that gets talked about much, but Tolkien absolutely had it in him to write fantasy horror if he had been so inclined.

The Wight itself only being visible as a giant arm+hand, silently creeping around the corner on its fingers like a spider, is some terrifying and creative imagery. The fact we never get to see more of it only adds to the freakiness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just reread the Barrow Wight chapter of Fellowship of the Ring. It’s not something that gets talked about much, but Tolkien absolutely had it in him to write fantasy horror if he had been so inclined.

The Wight itself only being visible as a giant arm+hand, silently creeping around the corner on its fingers like a spider, is some terrifying and creative imagery. The fact we never get to see more of it only adds to the freakiness.

I remeber the Flight to the bride of Khazad-Dum being filled with nightmare fuel. 

• Like 1

I watched Alien Romulus. Pretty good. Not amazing, but I really think it's a back to basic sequel that was needed. The first two acts are awesome, while the third is alot more ambitious, yet flawed. 

Biggest thing

It soft retconned the shit from Covenant about David being the father of the Xenomorphs.

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh dang, this looks great! One of the best horror game trailers I’ve seen in a long time. 

I particularly liked the voice work. 

Kind of a shame they didn't start with a Remake of 1 now; would have been awesome, considering how good this looks XD

• Like 1