Spooktober Gaming

I've been waiting on this game forever. It's a Survival Horror game reminiscent of gameboy ones, taking place in WW1, and designed like an old Resident Evil. Backed in on kickstarter about five years ago, and it finally came out. Pretty fantastic so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nice. Looks like Resident Evil meets The Bunker meets Signalis.

There's a trend coming out of the indie survival horror revival that seems to favor a top down, isometric perspective XD

Yeah and WW1 is looking popular again. Which I don't mind, because its a good setting for horror.

• Like 1

There's an encounter that I think is a homage to the village sequence from 4 and Village. They drop you in a section of the Trench with limited supplies, limited support, a bunch of cool mechanics (like puckle guns that run out of ammo and exploding barrels) and expect you to survive for five minutes with your five mates XD They retreat...and then the gassing starts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah the game is bloody awesome. I almost forgot how bloodthirsty the French can be. 

Screenshot(555).thumb.png.d0bc6052fae51cb93982c3788a786894.png

And yeah, WW1 really sucked XDScreenshot(544).thumb.png.830bd158085ceed1125e6bb7e17426d5.png

Screenshot(552).thumb.png.46fa05312cd0ff7a0c0da6455c5c5a9b.png

Already some rep for your boys everyone XD

Screenshot(560).thumb.png.d962ed31f10b10d03ad2ba221e8ede7f.png

Random stuff

Screenshot(550).thumb.png.212903f369c50a23d5495d59fcf1f8f0.png

Screenshot(545).thumb.png.7f3e2ff4d50118148b6243c8cca35e1b.png

WW1 was unfathomably brutal man. People think Trench Warfare was harsh, you had millions dying in open field battles during the opening months.

French waving naked swords with their bright uniforms, Russian human waves and sweeping cavalry meeting machine gun nests. Germans losing eight hundred thousand trying to race to Paris then the coast.

• Like 1

Finished! Game took me fifteen hours to beat. It's pretty large, and there's a fair amount of variety. I thought It'd be just trenches but the main setting is a trenchline, a swamp, a shelled out town, and a ruined fortress 

I've never seen the horrors of war done in this kind of way XD Felt like a tour through hell. And you have to do some super questionable fucking stuff yourself. 

I highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:11 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and Resident Evil Village just surpassed 10 million copies. Which puts the post 6-soft reboot series (with the remakes) at 50 million copies sold. 

20240730_231502.jpg.a2997108274e5a6955b817c60072dbf6.jpg

They just announced this. XD

Tagging @ColonelKillaBee because I know you don’t frequent this thread as much, but I think you’d like it too. This video is part of a larger series, but is particularly unsettling in a Dead Spacey sort of way.

The series overall is quite good. Like a found footage cross between Bloodborne and Dead Space, with lots of hidden stuff to find and piece together as is often the case with quality analog horror. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Tagging @ColonelKillaBee because I know you don’t frequent this thread as much, but I think you’d like it too.

This video is part of a larger series, but is particularly unsettling in a very Dead Spacey sort of way.

The series overall is quite good. Lots of hidden stuff to find and piece together as is often the case with quality analog horror.

Seconding this; the GEMNINI Home series is especially good.

When it used right, it's a really cool medium. I recommend this too.

• Like 2

@BigBossBalrog if you haven’t seen Greylock, I reccomend checking it out. It has a really good and disturbing story.

If Gemini is more of cosmic/outer horror, then I’d say this is more inner/depths of the subconscious horror. Though it has its share of monsters as well.

There is one sequence in particular, probably the scariest part of the series, that is very clearly inspired by The Thing, but with some unique twists. It is one of the most horrifying "found footage" sequences I’ve seen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog if you haven’t seen Greylock, I reccomend checking it out. It has a really good and disturbing story.

If Gemini is more of cosmic/outer horror, then I’d say this is more inner/depths of the subconscious horror. Though it has its share of monsters as well.

There one sequence in particular, probably the scariest part of the series, that is very clearly inspired by The Thing, but with some unique twists. It is one of the most horrifying "found footage" sequences I’ve seen.

I have not. I'll check it out tonight! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I have not. I'll check it out tonight! 

Share your thoughts afterwards! There are only twelve "tapes" out so far, so it doesn’t take that long to get through.

For my money, I think Gemini builds more dread, but Greylock is scarier and feels more "authentic".

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Tagging @ColonelKillaBee because I know you don’t frequent this thread as much, but I think you’d like it too. This video is part of a larger series, but is particularly unsettling in a Dead Spacey sort of way.

The series overall is quite good. Like a found footage cross between Bloodborne and Dead Space, with lots of hidden stuff to find and piece together as is often the case with quality analog horror. 

lmao this is just fringe enough to be right up my alley. I was like wtf the entire time lol. 

There's something so deeply unnerving as planets deep in outer space, and I never knew how to explain what I was feeling until I read lovecraft. That creepy anxious feeling is existential dread of seeing something so alien and weird, and also the isolation you feel when seeing a barren planet in the middle of nowhere.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Seconding this; the GEMNINI Home series is especially good.

When it used right, it's a really cool medium. I recommend this too.

I saw part of this on another clip before lol ,I'll watch the whole thing

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

lmao this is just fringe enough to be right up my alley. I was like wtf the entire time lol. 

Indeed. While Greylock is my favorite of these analog horror series, I wanted to share Gemini with you because it seems so up your particular alley. :lol: I’d reccomend the whole series from the beginning. It’s pretty damn spooky. Very Lovecraftian, with a mix of folk horror. Similar to Bloodborne in that the monsters are just a symptom of a greater eldritch threat.

i take back what I said lol they emptied their rifles on that damn thing im gonna call a Mimic. In clips of that scene it didnt seem that bad, but watching it all together, yikes. Very unsettling. Definitely a sort of pocket realm hunter, Lovecraft has a story of something like that in a wax figure museum.

• Like 1