Spooktober Gaming

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They better keep the fucking timer. 

Surely they will. That’s the most famous thing about the game. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a separate mode without it. 

I never got very into the Dead Rising series, myself. Played the first and second(?) just a little bit. But maybe if this remake is good I’ll give it a look. 

I watched a Korean horror movie tonight: Exhuma. It's an absolute masterpiece. Don't want to spoil anything, but there's two arcs. The first is a very good (and unique) ghost story, and the second is a balls to the walls insane clusterfuck that transcends the film. 

It deals with a group of practitioners of traditional Korean Shamanism being paid to deal with an unruly spirit plaguing a rich Korean-American familiy: whose making it so every firstborn in the family (including the client's newly born son), hears ghostly screaming every time they close their eyes. So they try and find his grave, to see if they can get him to pass on peacefully. And everything goes wrong. (Deals with a lot of political and social aspects currently being discussed alot in Korean society.) It's on Shudder, I highly recommend it. 

m4xzX3yuroKerFOltY1yY05nqcQ.jpg

• Thanks 2

So yeah, a not so good recommendation this time. I found a rare copy of the Terror (not to be confused with AMC's excellent Anthology TV series) at my video store. It's a Roger Corman movie...and I still don't know what the terror is. 

Apparently, it was at the tail end of the production of one of his Poe movie's: Boris Karloff ownwed him two days of filming after they wrapped up shooting of that, so Corman, being the legendary cheapskate that he is, wrote a basic as fuck script in a couple of hours, shot the scenes with Boris and decided he'd just make a movie around these contextless scenes. 

The Terror would end up having six other directors (two of which were Francis Ford Coppola, and Jack Nicholson, who'd also star in the movie) who'd all film a couple of scenes then pass it on to the next director with a different camera (and then sometimes even use a different version of the script). It's one of the most disjointed movies I've ever watched: there's a part were like ten plot twists happened right after the other (and are directly contradicted by the next plot twist). I still don't fucking know what happened. 

611pVXmoRSL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.jpg.aca25551b0b462b11cb10ed7a5b2de9a.jpg

• Haha 1

@BigBossBalrog

The Critical Drinker recently did an interview with the original actors for Christ Redfield and Albert Wesker and there is lots of good stuff in it.

I tried to share it, but the live version just got taken down. I’ll post the reupload when it goes up.

This part is hilarious. Because of the way the recording was done, very closed off and secretive, with minimal info given to the actors, Chris’s actor did not actually find out that he was part of the Resident Evil franchise until 2016! And Wesker’s actor found out even later than that. They just recorded some lines for Capcom, got paid, and moved on. Nobody ever told them what the lines were actually for. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

The Critical Drinker recently did an interview with the original actors for Christ Redfield and Albert Wesker and there is lots of good stuff in it.

I tried to share it, but the live version just got taken down. I’ll post the reupload when it goes up.

This part is hilarious. Because of the way the recording was done, very closed off and secretive, with minimal info given to the actors, Chris’s actor did not actually find out that he was part of the Resident Evil franchise until 2016! And Wesker’s actor found out even later than that. They just recorded some lines for Capcom, got paid, and moved on. Nobody ever told them what the lines were actually for. :rofl: 

21 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

These guys were very famous in the world of horror gaming for two decades without even knowing it. XD 

They've become very active in the community lately; they did a couple podcasts with Residence of Evil. 

And yeah. While the level design has aged remarkably well (even if it's missing alot of the set-pieces and rooms, that REmake added)  the voice acting is a great part. I'm struggling not to laugh every cutscene :rofl:

• Like 1

I watched Shadow of the Vampire. I think I saw it before. The premise is it's a fictional retelling of the production of Nosferatu; where the director, F. W. Murnau, decides to hire a real Vampire...played by William fucking Dafoe :rofl: The entire thing is based on a centuries old Urban Legend that Max Schrieke, the dude who plays Orlock, was a real Vampire. Highly recommend it; Dafoe is fucking insane in the role. And it's surprisingly scary and atmospheric. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now this is getting ridiculously. Yet another Castlevania clone is using weird marketing. This time they acquired the official rights from the Lugosi estate to use Bella's likeness 

GJ3mOZTWUAA5OSq.thumb.jpg.5b00593bf03ff235b9b00ec75ef68f15.jpg

Whats next, are they going to steal Bram Stroker's skull?  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sound like A24 in Hollywood.

Lots of low budget and low risk horror projects that won’t do much damage even if they fail. But if even one or two turns out to be a hit, then the profits will be huge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Must have been a dlc enemy as I never saw anything like that when I played Doom 3. Which I will defend to the grave is a good Doom game XD

Decent Doom game. Great Sci Fi Horror game. It walked so Dead Space could run.

And yeah it's from Resurrection. 

New portion of the intro shown. If...we ignore the elephants (or dog) in the room, the new rendition of White Noise is fucking beautiful. I'm so glad they got the original composter, it's going to have such a banger of a soundtrack. 

• Like 1