Spooktober Gaming

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Downright terrifying. This movie discomforts me more than all the cheap ghost-face jumpscare-fests put together. It’s just relentless. 

Yeah, the entire thing is a terrifying prospect. The whole world get's slowly taken over, and by the time people realize what's happening; it's too late. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And you know what’s wild? Invasion of the Body Snatchers has some really gross and disturbing imagery, gore, cursing, and straight up nudity.

And it’s only rated PG

The 70s were a time, man. :rofl: 

If I remember, it's pretty tasteful at not showing any gore. Just really freaky body-horror XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

Yeah, the entire thing is a terrifying prospect. The whole world get's slowly taken over, and by the time people realize what's happening; it's too late. 

Yeah, it’s clear the "war" was lost by the time the movie started. There was just no way to even beat them. Maybe some massively guarded quarantine zones or bunkers or something. Problem is, nobody would even know to organize that much before someone close to them has already been compromised. It’s such an insidious threat.

It’s really impressive that Nancy made it all the way to the end by mimicking them. But she was a fool to think Matthew was safe to contact. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If I remember, it's pretty tasteful at not showing any gore. Just really freaky body-horror XD

There is one scene.

Where Matthew caves his double’s face in on the roof. It’s really bloody.

There is also more blood in general than PG typically gets away with these days.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Yeah, it’s clear the "war" was lost by the time the movie started. There was just no way to even beat them. Maybe some massively guarded quarantine zones or bunkers or something. Problem is, nobody would even know to organize that much before someone close to them has already been compromised. It’s such an insidious threat.

It’s really impressive that Nancy made it all the way to the end by mimicking them. But she was a fool to think Matthew was safe to contact. 

The only people to survive the initial invasion would be the ones deep off the grind in the literal middle of nowhere (and it's funny, the conspiracy theorist was the one to survive till the end XD) If you realized what was happening, your best chance would be probably to immediately leave to the outskirts of civilization. And even then, I'd still think the Pod's would get you once they started going hunting for survivors. It's full on doomsday. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

The only people to survive the initial invasion would be the ones deep off the grind in the literal middle of nowhere (and it's funny, the conspiracy theorist was the one to survive till the end

XD). If you realized what was happening, your best chance would be probably to immediately leave to the outskirts of civilization. And even then, I'd still think the Pod's would get you once they started going hunting for survivors. It's full on doomsday. 

Yup. You could tell they had the majority when they no longer felt the need to be sneaky and just started moving pods and hunting people in the streets. I think it only took them three days.

I think anyone off the grid would get caught eventually. You’d need a big isolated community with absolutely zero trust or outside reliance to defend yourself, but even then I feel like it’s only a matter of time. Nobody ever came up with a way to beat them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You know what's amazing? Big Boss and Raiden were canonically able to stop the invasion before it even started XD

What the heck? :rofl: 

I didn’t even know Raiden was in this game, let alone playable. What is going on here?

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What the heck? :rofl: 

I didn’t even know Raiden was in this game, let alone playable. What is going on here?

It's one of the bonus missions from Ground Zeroes XD The Pods attack Camp Omega and want to use it as a spear-head for their invasion; so Big Boss and Raiden (whose comes from the future) team up to save humanity XD It's non-canon, but I like to think it is. 

And Raiden is playable in Phantom Pain as a secret character; you unlock him after S Plus Ranking every mission XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's one of the bonus missions from Ground Zeroes XD The Pods attack Camp Omega and want to use it as a spear-head for their invasion; so Big Boss and Raiden (whose comes from the future) team up to save humanity XD It's non-canon, but I like to think it is. 

And Raiden is playable in Phantom Pain as a secret character; you unlock him after S Plus Ranking every mission XD

That is hilarious. Camp Omega has everything they need for a perfect invasion launch point, but it turned out to be the worst place they could’ve possibly chosen because of Big Boss and Raiden just happening to be around. XD 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That is hilarious. Camp Omega has everything they need for a perfect invasion launch point, but it turned out to be the worst place they could’ve possibly chosen because of Big Boss and Raiden just happening to be around. XD 

It's even more hilarious when you realize who plays Big Boss XD

• Haha 1

The day/night cycle, and guards having regular shifts and sleeping times, would honestly make this a pretty suitable game to do Body Snatchers in.

You can be sneakier at night, but that is also when most guards are going to sleep and getting their bodies snatched, so the trade-off of waiting for easier stealth is exponentially more snatchers appearing the following morning. 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's even more hilarious when you realize who plays Big Boss XD

Indeed. XD I’m sure that’s why they did it.

But for real, it freaked me out a bit to see that Donald just happened to die while I was watching his movie. A real "we live in the Matrix" moment.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and watch a Polanski movie next. See if I can replicate these results on someone who actually deserves it.

• Haha 1