Spooktober Gaming

The fact that you can seemingly reach all of the ishimura without even using the tram so long as you gained access to locked portions is pretty fucking impressive. The technical aspect of this in a video game is crazy. It feels like a real ship, this shit is so badass.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I realized that when trying to do side objectives and one of them I think i fucked up on and it cancelled, so I paid more attention to the side stuff and realized they want you to backtrack a bit and explore, especially after gaining security clearance levels. Really cool, ngl. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I realized that when trying to do side objectives and one of them I think i fucked up on and it cancelled, so I paid more attention to the side stuff and realized they want you to backtrack a bit and explore, especially after gaining security clearance levels. Really cool, ngl. 

They allow you to revist zones and they described it as almost metroidvania in its level design which is way better in my opinion XD

• Like 2

ngl i was mad as fuck thinking I knew what to expect with the captain's body because i remembered how it was in the original game.

Noooope, they put me in the same room and dropped that motherfucker right on top of me to witness his transformation in all of his horrific 4k next gen glory xD 

It was repulsive and the segment was way cooler.

And hearing isaac say exactly what I was thinking... "Fucking motherfuck, fuck fuck!" Perfect.

• Haha 1

Modeling Isaac after the voice actor is actually pretty smart, makes him feel more like a real dude. I'm warming up to it lol, I like it. Guy has balls of steel and looks like a regular ass engineer dude lol. Think ima play with the flamethrower as my backup weapon this time around in spirit of the Thing.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Modeling Isaac after the voice actor is actually pretty smart, makes him feel more like a real dude. I'm warming up to it lol, I like it. Guy has balls of steel and looks like a regular ass engineer dude lol. Think ima play with the flamethrower as my backup weapon this time around in spirit of the Thing.

The flamethrower was buffed to be one of the most powerful weapons. It completley removes the peeling factor in shooting limbs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The flamethrower was buffed to be one of the most powerful weapons. It completley removes the peeling factor in shooting limbs. 

I saw it in action in a few review vids so yea Im excited xD That and the focus gun. In fact, normally I only carried like two guns, but now I think I'll be changing that.

• Like 1

Its not nearly as effective as it used to be tho, which I think they did on purpose to make you try out the other weapons. For instance I tried this iteration of the ripper, and lol its badass. They definitely rebalanced some things.

Of course you can make the plasma cutter badass, and even moreso than the original.

Rn Im bouncing between the ripper and my good ol pulse rifle. Its got a grenade launcher that can be detonated on direct contact or laid like mines, what's not to love

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So the plasma cutter is the best gun in the game. Who’da thunk lol

i knew it all along

If you upgrade it properly. One of my favorite additions is they added special upgrade nodes that you have to explore the ship/do sidequests for that give unique properties. Like giving the plasma cutter the ability to knock down enemies when you hit them automatically 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If you upgrade it properly. One of my favorite additions is they added special upgrade nodes that you have to explore the ship/do sidequests for that give unique properties. Like giving the plasma cutter the ability to knock down enemies when you hit them automatically 

I love the burning effect the most, that has so much utility in this game. Fully upgraded I’m sure it’s a monster. Kills way faster than the pulse rifle on this game and much better with ammo conservation tho I do like the pulse rifle mines. So I may use all 3. 

• Like 2

Shits straight fun now that I have this hand cannon. Scary sure and they do more damage than I remember but they give health packs pretty regularly and its a fair balance trade for the op gun upgrades. I was gonna ignore the chicken wings that hopped on me to shoot this acid necro but they almost killed me doing that.

Sons of bitches.

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Shits straight fun now that I have this hand cannon. Scary sure and they do more damage than I remember but they give health packs pretty regularly and its a fair balance trade for the op gun upgrades. I was gonna ignore the chicken wings that hopped on me to shoot this acid necro but they almost killed me doing that.

Sons of bitches.

Its why I play on hard XD Normals too easy.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

XD

1718744220556404m.thumb.jpg.6440a70b255b85fe501a4bdce3956d23.jpg

Joking aside, hopefully this and Phantom Liberty will convince more studios to focus on big expansions again.

That rings hollow when the DLC isn’t even out yet.

I don’t trust a few early access reviewers (who usually skew positive since they got special treatment) to tell me it’s the best DLC ever. A lot of people still need to play it.

I’m confident it’ll be good, maybe even deserving of that rank, but let’s wait and give it time so the score actually means something. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That rings hollow when the DLC isn’t even out yet.

I don’t trust a few early access reviewers (who usually skew positive since they got special treatment) to tell me it’s the best DLC ever. A lot of people still need to play it.

I’m confident it’ll be good, maybe even deserving of that rank, but let’s wait and give it time so the score actually means something. 

Alot of the soul youtubers are saying its the best thing ever XD I think the base game quality has made me willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.