Spooktober Gaming

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ug-Qualtoth | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

I forgot about this. Ngl was satisfying to fight it after all of Bethesda's buildup lol

Even if he did kinda go down like a bitch. XD 

A.M.I. was the scariest enemy, I think. Probably in part because that was the first time we saw something like that in the mod. 

The crab was wild too. XD 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"It Follows" might’ve been my favorite though, even if it didn’t do much besides… well… follow. XD 

So I reloaded to get these pics and test the damage output. Funnily enough Ug Qualtoth had to be the weakest lmao, his lightning damage was pretty meh but I am also wearing brotherhood of steel gear so I have strong resistances to energy weapons.

Everything else tho if I let them hit me once or twice would instantly cripple me and kill me in like four hits... including it follows, it creeps, and especially it consumes O.o Im very glad I immediately opened fire basically lol, their weakness was they were too scary lol. And incendiary rifle rounds.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Also Ug Qualtoth is based off of Yog Sothoth, which I know because one of the quotes in the mod is also directly from F3, and that is directly from Dunwich Horror or one of the stories partaining to Yog Sothoth. 

"He is the gate, he is the key, he is the key and guardian of the gate!" Meaning Yog Sothoth himself is the layer between our dimension and the center of this universe which itself I believe is Azathoth, who maintains existence by dreaming. 

Yog Sothoth is awake, self aware and all knowing, but the reason he's likely weak physically is the same reason he disappeared in Dunwich Horror, he's an impossibility and anomaly that can't normally exist in our world. Different dimension. 

So he can influence it, and as you saw his influence can be great and terrible, and in a way everything we fought was Ug Qualtoth or Yog Sothoth, but the shadow itself was again just that... a weak mere shadow. 

Id rather it be stronger but it honestly made sense. The real boss was the hermit crab just before finding those two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

their weakness was they were too scary

:rofl: 

The second scariest was that prick at the beginning moves locations on you… Even though you were smart enough to shoot him beforehand.

I still maintain that he cheated and his scare wasn’t as fair as the others. XD 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

This is my personal favorite of the few Lovecraft stories I’ve read. I love that the climax is a giant boss fight. XD 

Indeed lmao and the way it disappears was pretty unnerving. Like reality correcting itself and you accidentally saw behind the curtains.

This thing was a shadow of that.

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

A.M.I. was the scariest enemy, I think. Probably in part because that was the first time we saw something like that in the mod. 

"Just run dude!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

"Just run dude!"

:rofl: I thought it would add to the terror.

Was kinda expecting it to transition into an Alien Isolation/Amnesia: The Bunker situation where you can’t kill the enemy, just avoid it. 

Plus, the room’s layout, and the fact it spawns behind you while there’s a straight tunnel to run down, really did make it seem like running was the intention. XD 

• Like 1

What I find especially interesting tho is, A.M.I if you look at the pics almost has no flesh components at all and is pure robotic besides some skeleton. It existed, as did some of these frankenstein styled creations locked up, before that rift was opened stranger things style, and it was the only thing we couldnt kill, even stronger than an aspect of a literal godlike being, and somehow is remnant of his daughter, Amy.

Whats that all mean yall think....

• Like 1

:rofl: I thought it would add to the terror.

Was kinda expecting it to transition into an Alien Isolation/Amnesia: The Bunker situation where you can’t kill the enemy, just avoid it. 

Plus, the room’s layout, and the fact it spawns behind you while there’s a straight tunnel to run down, really did make it seem like running was the intention. XD 

I tried to kill it today lol, nope not happening xD Was the right call. It can two shot you too. Lower leveled, like 35 or sum, probably 1 shot.

• Like 1

Whats that all mean yall think....

He was trying to remake his daughter with an AI and robotic body, right? But I guess the design being so fucked up could be due to the fact that he was being influenced by the grimoire even before opening the rift. 

He was trying to remake his daughter with an AI and robotic body, right? But I guess the design being so fucked up could be due to the fact that he was being influenced by the grimoire even before opening the rift. 

For sure yea. The Grimoire has to be a necronomicon reference but then, fallout already has one. 

There's other unholy texts of course and clearly he found one.

I thought he was trying to bring his daughter back... actually you know what, I think he literally was, almost exactly like what the Institute was doing. They were trying to recreate human beings, make them better. So was he... he just went about it much differently. But they both were trying to animate the flesh and meld it into something. Institute wanted an imitation of life, he wanted to bring it actually to life.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The Grimoire has to be a necronomicon reference but then, fallout already has one. 

Probably why they didn’t give it a name. Wasn’t it just straight up called the necromonicon in Fallout 3? And it got destroyed in that game.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I thought he was trying to bring his daughter back... actually you know what, I think he literally was, almost exactly like what the Institute was doing. They were trying to recreate human beings, make them better. So was he... he just went about it much differently. But they both were trying to animate the flesh and meld it into something. Institute wanted an imitation of life, he wanted to bring it actually to life.

Basically an Institute scientist who took charge of the proto "Gen 3" project, but not because he actually cared about their goals. Rather, it was so he could use the tech and research for his own. There was enough overlap that he knew he could make it happen.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably why they didn’t give it a name. Wasn’t it just straight up called the necromonicon in Fallout 3? And it got destroyed in that game.

Basically an Institute scientist who took charge of the proto "Gen 3" project, but not because he actually cared about their goals. Rather, it was so he could use the tech and research for his own. There was enough overlap that he knew he could make it happen.

No it was called the Krivbeknih

The Krivbeknih | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

And yea pretty much. Basically, the institute's experiments and goals were disturbing enough that they attracted the attention of a fucking lovecraft character lol.

• Like 1

Basically, the institute's experiments and goals were disturbing enough that they attracted the attention of a fucking lovecraft character lol.

They’re a bunch of paranoid former university professors who live in a bunker. That whole faction has always been one wrong discovery away from becoming Lovecraft characters. XD 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Honestly that mod was super well written. Even using their teleporter as the source of the anomaly, was a great idea.

Yes, it leveraged the concepts already present in Fallout 4 really well. From the teleportation array, to the bizarre jump from Gen 2 to 3 synths, to the Dunwich tunnels.