Spooktober Gaming

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I finished The Bunker last weekend before concluding my 10,000th replay of New Vegas. XD 

It was great. I am so glad to see Frictional returning to form and making good stuff. If they can churn out one or two more of this quality in a row, Afterbirth will be a distant memory.

It must have been good; since you beat it in three days in contrast to a certain other title I'm waiting for you to finish XD

Did you catch the connections? 

Your French-buddy was infected by the same "dark water" bioweapon that the evil queen was using in Rebirth. The "Beast" is a super powerful variant of those loser ghouls 

:rofl: Funny thing is it sells her threat way more then anything in Rebirth

And there's a super secret references in the ruins 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It must have been good; since you beat it in three days in contrast to a certain other title I'm waiting for you to finish XD

Did you catch the connections? 

Reveal hidden contents

Your French-buddy was infected by the same "dark water" bioweapon that the evil queen was using in Rebirth. The "Beast" is a super powerful variant of those loser ghouls 

:rofl: Funny thing is it sells her threat way more then anything in Rebirth

And there's a super secret references in the ruins 

Yes, I caught that. As soon as the diaries mentioned how his wounds from the battlefield were healing rapidly, and how he ended up carrying Henri all the way back despite bleeding profusely, I knew where it was going. XD In trying to do the right thing and save his friend, Henri accidentally doomed them all. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes, I caught that. As soon as the diaries mentioned how his wounds from the battlefield were healing rapidly, and how he ended up carrying Henri all the way back despite bleeding profusely, I knew where it was going. XD In trying to do the right thing and save his friend, Henri accidentally doomed them all. 

And caused it in the first place by doing that bullshit to weasel out of guard duty as a prank XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

And caused it in the first place by doing that bullshit to weasel out of guard duty as a prank XD

Indeed. But it was expected to be an easy and relatively safe patrol, so I can totally see Henri thinking little of it at the time. He might still be the most noble Frictional protagonist so far, considering that his big crime was basically just a prank, and even then the guilt was so immense that he put his own life at great risk in order to make it right. He’s a fairly blank character besides having been a bit of a fun trickster with a good conscience and sense of loyalty, but I liked him for what he was. 

Indeed. But it was expected to be an easy and relatively safe patrol, so I can totally see Henri thinking little of it at the time. He might still be the most noble Frictional protagonist so far, considering that his big crime was basically just a prank, and even then the guilt was so immense that he put his own life at great risk in order to make it right. He’s a fairly blank character besides having been a bit of a fun trickster with a good conscience and sense of loyalty, but I liked him for what he was. 

Yeah it's kind of light in comparison to "help a space Vampire torture innocent people to stave off damnation" and "turn the world into a factory of pigs to stop WW1" XD But it still had disastrous consequences.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah it's kind of light in comparison to "help a space Vampire torture innocent people to stave off damnation" and "turn the world into a factory of pigs to stop WW1" XD But it still had disastrous consequences.  

Even Simon in S0MA was kind of a selfish dick. But yeah, the first two were straight up villains. And I honestly can’t even remember what the Rebirth lady’s deal was, nor do I care enough to include her. XD 

This is from Dusk, who leaked Resident Evil Village all those years ago. Apparently it's a tropical JUNGLE ISLAND setting in South East Asia (like Indonesia and Thailand). Huge potential. Announcement is probably going to be at the upcoming Playstation Showcase. 

• Like 1

Heck yeah! Been saying for over a year now that a jungle would be my first pick for the next RE setting. Granted, I was thinking South America with Carlos making a return, but I’ll take Asia!

If it's South East Asia, maybe we can have so more Apocalypse Now vibes. Would be perfect for Carlos too, since he's an guerilla XD Hope the theme will be corrupted BSAA monsters with a mix of some mythological inspiration. (South East Asia is filled with really freaky folklore) 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

If it's South East Asia, maybe we can have so more Apocalypse Now vibes. Would be perfect for Carlos too, since he's a guerilla XD Hope the theme will be corrupted BSAA monsters with a mix of some mythological inspiration. (South East Asia is filled with really freaky folklore) 

Call me old-fashioned, but I’d really like a return of good ol’ classic zombies and BOWs.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Tyrants are the classic BOW. :rofl: Of course I want to see those guys!

I lumped them in with BSAA monstrosities because they look far removed from their origins. XD

9bt5z1kqfzy61.thumb.png.47e669e15d40f1b6df69993c9057b322.png

I would be all for a throwback...if Remake 2 and Remake 3 didn't exist. With all the crazy stuff parasites and fungus have brought, I want new BOW strains. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I would be all for a throwback...if Remake 2 and Remake 3 didn't exist. With all the crazy stuff parasites and fungus have brought, I want new BOW strains. 

I also want new BOW strains. Just hope we’re done with the mold and "mythical" creatures. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-remake-re-engine/

New rumor from another legit source. There corobarating the Leon detail (saying hes playable but only for the prologue); but also saying the next REmake will be Resident Evil 1 and will be released after 9. 

That could be cool if the main protagonist is actually good. I want new characters to play as, but if it’s another "Ethan Winters" then I’d sooner just be Leon the whole time.

Also, cowards are too afraid to do RE5 next. XD 

That could be cool if the main protagonist is actually good. I want new characters to play as, but if it’s another "Ethan Winters" then I’d sooner just be Leon the whole time.

Also, cowards are too afraid to do RE5 next. XD 

I think they want to establish Chris's relationship/backstory with Wesker before doing 5 XD It'd kinda be weird for people who've only played the new series to witness them shrieking at each other.

Apparently 9's also going to be a send off to the original cast. Might be seeing another renewal of Resident Evil Castle's storyline. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think they want to establish Chris's relationship/backstory with Wesker before doing 5 XD It'd kinda be weird for people who've only played the new series to witness them shrieking at each other.

Then they better not leave out Code Veronica. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently 9's also going to be a send off to the original cast.

They better be ready to bring their A-game with making new characters, then. Because right now there is nobody worthwhile to replace them.

They’ll end up like the MCU where they retired (or ruined) all the popular characters and then replaced them with shitty ones that nobody wants to watch. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Then they better not leave out Code Veronica. 

They better be ready to bring their A-game with making new characters, then. Because right now there is nobody worthwhile to replace them.

They’ll end up like the MCU where they retired (or ruined) all the popular characters and then replaced them with shitty ones that nobody wants to watch. XD 

Meh; I'm of the camp Resident Evils setting is the true character XD I play mainly for the gameplay and the atmosphere. I don't think it's that much of a comparable situation to marvel.  I don't really mind playing schmucks like Ethan. 

Thing is everyone's getting old XD