Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

41 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And that looks awesome XD

No it means it existed before the Vagarian Guard was established, and was seperate from the mainline Byzantine look XD

I think you’re splitting hairs tbh lol it still existed in Byzantine days and since we’re talking norsemen it works

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It does. :rofl: 

I appreciate all the fauna; I love the Werewolf/Wendigo abominations and the nightmarish hand monsters, but to get some cooly designed, but still "there just animal" creatures is a good change of pace; giant angry bears and land octopi are sweet XD

So. It seems obvious now but, the great one that was "reborn" as fucked up as this is, is mergo. I used to think that it would be something entirely different because it was birthed from a portal that was made from the moon, but 1. the school of mensis was trying to gain contact with mergo, which they do, 2. it involves the moon as it always does, because for some reason the moon presence acts as a medium of contact between Oedon and humans, and 3. the women who ring the bells are undead pthumerians, so their trying to resurrect mergo via rituals makes sense, as does the school of mensis' resurrecting them

Their ritual was somewhat of a success, albeit a failure initially thanks to Rom. But, they do give a physical form for Mergo... a gross one. If that's his eyes in the sky too, it makes sense why he'd be wrathful considering he was murdered for blood same as the orphan of kos was.

It makes sense since the whole main game leads you to mergo, and you can kill both of oedon's spawn. You get to kill Mergo's physical form and their mental one even tho of course Mergo didnt have one initially. He was summoned into one, the corpses of the people of yahar'ghul and potentially dead pthumerians.

Also, even if Flora is referencing the moon, and I do think it is, I think that the majority of the characters in the story never knew this as she is referred to as the nameless moon presence... pale blood. 

So that the doll calls her this makes sense. Because she's spawned from it. That means Flora may actually be her true name, but its super rare rare info because no one knows dick about her. Gehrman probs didnt even know because he gave up all hopes for the doll because it wasn't like Maria enough.

You may be the only one that knows this, if it is true... and I wonder if this dialogue is tied to insight or not

Played some BB, felt weird at first but came back pretty quick. Not bad at all. Did the first part of the hunter's nightmare, good way to remember how to fight. Ludwig should be interesting, especially since my weapons are arcane, which Im already feeling the mehness of for certain enemies besides the piercing portion. Trying to remember how the fuck I got this sword before killing Ludwig.

Chalice dungeon I guess... same with the amydala arm.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Played some BB, felt weird at first but came back pretty quick. Not bad at all. Did the first part of the hunter's nightmare, good way to remember how to fight. Ludwig should be interesting, especially since my weapons are arcane, which Im already feeling the mehness of for certain enemies besides the piercing portion. Trying to remember how the fuck I got this sword before killing Ludwig.

The Holy Sword? You need to do the Healing Church workshop. 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Holy Sword? You need to do the Healing Church workshop. 

I dont even remember what this means lol, what do you mean "do the healing church workshop".

You mean the one in the waking world?

In any case, I miss the fake version xD That thing hit so hard, tho this ones more fun. And, the move set is really easy to abuse tbh so thats a plus.

But the axe and fake holy blade was cheese.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont even remember what this means lol, what do you mean "do the healing church workshop".

You mean the one in the waking world?

In any case, I miss the fake version xD That thing hit so hard, tho this ones more fun. And, the move set is really easy to abuse tbh so thats a plus.

But the axe and fake holy blade was cheese.

You kill the blood-starved beast, that opens the side door in the chapel which leads to an elevator which leads to the Healing Church workshop. At the top is a badge which lets you buy the fake sword. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Best way to play Arcane is to go all in at 99Arc. Your weapons do insane damage when infused with fire, lightning or arcane, and all the tools do stupidily high damage because they scale all the way with no soft or hard caps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You kill the blood-starved beast, that opens the side door in the chapel which leads to an elevator which leads to the Healing Church workshop. At the top is a badge which lets you buy the fake sword. 

No no, Im not on a build for that lol, I just meant that i didnt remember getting this sword, the real one, before killing ludwig.

I remember the church and fake sword in the waking world

The real sword I have had to have come from the chalice dungeon, its even got a different name

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No no, Im not on a build for that lol, I just meant that i didnt remember getting this sword, the real one, before killing ludwig.

I remember the church and fake sword in the waking world

The real sword I have had to have come from the chalice dungeon, its even got a different name

You on NG+ or whatever it’s called in BB?

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You on NG+ or whatever it’s called in BB?

Na, that’s actually how I figured out I didn’t kill Ludwig and stuff yet, we just did a buttload of chalice dungeon shit XD the blades doing like 550 physical damage plus 200 or so arcane damage.