Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I heard that a Black Knight guards a bridge in the starter zone and is very rough but only appears at night. If you could find him and report back that would be awesome. 

Bonus points if you beat him. 

I mentioned him in my megapost; I fucking ran XD It was like I was being chased by the Nazgul

@The Good Doctor @TheCzarsHussar

I beat him in a single try; he's a very cool foe (wears this super creepy black plate, along tattered robes, with a veiled, giant undead horse and a halberd) but he wasn't too hard XD

Random observatations; 

-I can't stress how amazing the enviorment is; I thought things were going to be stale, but the landscape is super vivid. The addition of background music makes it feel like your on some epic fantasy adventure.

-Adding to this there's tons of wildlife; large herds of sheep graze in the highlands, super adorable totoise walk along the shore, and deers in the woods grazing.

-I'm quite impressed by enemey behavior; there's sentries overlooking camps and standing on duty on the castle, and whey they spot an intruder they carry horns, which they'll use to signal an attack. At the same time, in the outlining areas guards won't attack on sight, and will ward you away with a few angry yells. 

-At least Godrick's faction is super celtic; many of his army wear bronze clasped amulets with green cloaks and super vivid tarrbards, with alot of celtic gnots and tree's as heraldry (there's this really pretty celtic tapestry in the castle), and most of his remaining nobles (as...transformed as they are) go with the classic bronze crown, green cloak look, with bronze tipped, almost tribal spears and shields. They have alot of elemetns of Arthurian too; with talk of gallant knightery around. But in terms of armor, they sport a more Byzantine look (and many of them have these creepy bronze facemasks) 

-Instead of riings there's amulets/pins. They have very pretty artwork, with mostly Celtic and Norse styled jewelery (unlike another Norse themed game...). 

viridian_amber_medallion_talismans_elden

-The item descriptions are super flowery (and dialogue), and I really like it XD You can tell Martin's involved. FROM games are rightfully praised for their flavor text, but it seems to be a large step up. 

An example; 

"Greatsword of Ordovis, one of the two honored as foremost
among the knights of the Crucible.
This sword is imbued with an ancient holiness.
Its scarlet tint exemplifies the nature of primordial gold, said to be
close to life itself."

-What's crazy to me is despite the fact they put so much lore and dialogue into the network test, apparently they disabled most item drops (including all of the enemies armor and weapons) and removed most of the NPC's dialogue. There's an akwardly placed wall that prevents you from exploring the rest of the first region's open world, and only 45  percent of it is in the network test alongside less then a fifth of the Legacy Dungeon. So the actual game is going to be super jammed pack with content considering the network test in it's state has about ten hours of content. 

-There's a terrifying encounter at the end of the network test which I won't spoil; just know there' going to be Bloodborne tier horror momments XD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Another cool thing; FROM has the balls to show ten hours of there game to the public three months before release; they could have done a small chunk of a linear dungeon, but nope, they gave us the open world XD It shows enermous faith in there product

This is true, I might has to get tbh just because it’s from, like I did with Sekiro even if I haven’t touched it since XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is true, I might has to get tbh just because it’s from, like I did with Sekiro even if I haven’t touched it since XD 

I'd insult you, but you played D3 and Bloodborne back to back a couple weeks before, so I understand why you weren't able to get out of the Souls mindset; it plays just enough similar to trick your mind into playing the same way, but it's different enough if you play that way the game crushes you. 

If you'd get past it, I still think you'd like it alot XD It has Japanese Insmouth 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I will probs stick to the game that killed martins enthusiasm for GoT lol

You don't need a PS5 for that, so fair XD

If you want to get into shape between now and Elden Ring, since it seems we have convinced you to join our Knights of the Round Table, you could always try D2 or attempt Sekiro again,