Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

Apparently Marty O'Donnell was a bit too familiar with a coworker at this Bungie Halloween party, and stroked her hair.

That's pretty damn weird don't get me wrong, but it's insane how many people I've seen come out of the woodwork and start claiming Marty was talentless grifter.

Like. Do they not know how much worse the old Halo games would have been without his work? People need to learn about separation the art from the artist.XD

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

and stroked her hair.

… That’s it?

Shit, I don’t even need to separate art from artist for this one. A man made a move at a party, so what?

Wake me when he’s accused of something actually bad.

Actually, screw that. Wake me when he’s found guilty. "#MeToo" got old six years ago.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

… That’s it?

Shit, I don’t even need to separate art from artist for this one. A man made a move at a party, so what?

Wake me when he’s accused of something actually bad.

Actually, screw that. Wake me when he’s found guilty. "#MeToo" got old six years ago.

Yeah that's it lmao

And the lady herself said she threatened with a knife when he did it. For me personally I'd feel uncomfortable if someone I didn't have feelings for started stroking my hair but... Sexual assault? He stopped when she wasn't interested and she also threatened him with a weapon.

Like bruh. From what I've seen, it's more political hatred against Marty.

• Like 1

The accuser is Lorraine Mclee. The person who drew the Halo Logo, was a senior concept artist on all the Halo games, and has been in Bungie longer than Marty. She's not a rando.

wgt1nzaewnn41.thumb.jpg.8dec067cf7a3914b2424937a27cf50bc.jpg

Stroking someone's hair without their permission is fucking weird. But I don't think it's sexual assault. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Like bruh. From what I've seen, it's more political hatred against Marty.

That’s exactly it. No doubt.

If that entire story isn’t just made up bullshit to begin with, which I reckon it is (because how the hell does a knife getting pulled on a mega-famous composer at a corporate Halloween party not make the news) then she is the criminal here.

Either Marty was acting crazy enough to justify toting a deadly weapon against him, in which case the cops should’ve been notified and he should’ve been stopped, or Lorraine pulled a knife on the guy over virtually nothing.

• Like 1

Finished Firefly today, which I had seen before but not reached the end. Can’t believe I dropped it years back. Not only is it an amazing season of TV, but the second half in particular is exclusively bangers.

After that I watched the follow-up movie, Serenity. It is easy to see why people lament the show’s cancellation. Several seasons of planning had to be shredded down to a single movie, and while it is an excellent movie, there are very clearly some storylines and character arcs that had to be cut short in order to prioritize closing off the "A plot". Still, I think Serenity was impressive in how much of the show’s threads and mysteries it managed to address in such a short run time.

Biggest point of praise is the characters. Each member of the crew is very well fleshed out and has a unique way of viewing the world, and besides two who unfortunately suffered from the cuts, they all had full and very satisfying arcs. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I remember only a little bit about it, besides I liked it and be pissed about the cancellation.

Worth a rewatch if you’re ever in the mood and have a few hours to kill. And if you haven’t seen Serenity, then I imagine you’ll appreciate it getting a solid ending. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and movie.

13 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

God it hurts seeing the good Game of Thrones dialogue and interactions on YouTube.

Pretty much all the show is good for anymore. Revisiting your favorite scenes in a vacuum and imagining they’re part of a better story.

This is one I often think back to. Legendary performance, amazingly written (because most of it is 1:1 from the book), and such a massive turning point for both the character and how the audience are likely to see him:

Then comes Jaime in season 8: "I never really cared about innocents anyway lol".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I can tell I'm in Ireland cause I just got a much friendlier greeting from the security than I did in Toronto XD

Canada's border guards all have a giant stick up their asses.

On 9/2/2024 at 3:01 PM, The Good Doctor said:

Pretty much all the show is good for anymore. Revisiting your favorite scenes in a vacuum and imagining they’re part of a better story.

Sandor Clegane had some good moments.

"He killed Lommy."

"What the fuck's a Lommy?"

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach