Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Now don't pretend things like that can't be occasionally awesome XD

gatling-gramps-from-bloodborne-figured-out-the-ac-meta-v0-hfwnfs1rq3nb1.webp.26dc3d073d5a699abbd5a21386c6fb4d.webp

Minigun >>>>>>>>> Two daggers from a fucking wheelchair bound Tiefling :rofl:

You can absolutely have badasses who are disabled or wounded in some manner. Such as

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Come to think of it there's also this guy XD

gehrman-bloodborne.gif

,Commander Gaius, and even Malenia.

But the idea of a wheelchair warrior is so stupid. The bloodborne aristocrats are completely defenseless when you circle around them XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m trying to think of what the wheelchair swordsman would do against an enemy who just stands back and pokes at him with a spear. XD 

Wheelchair Warrior: Drinks fifteen bottles of Skooma, and fucking SPINS their wheels at the speed of light.

The spearman: Levitates above them, continues poking the Wheelchair Warrior

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Checks out. It’s the best new movie I’ve seen this year.

Horizon, Romulus, Longlegs. What was the fourth?

Furiosa

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

If you guys don't mind the elitist culture, I highly recommend trying the Criterion Channel's thirty day free trial. It's a massive library that focuses on mostly pre 2000 movies (though it has some standouts from this centaury); all of artistic/culture value (and yeah, there's a lot of snobby art house stuff, but that's by no means the main focus). You get to watch all the bonus/extras too. Not that more expensive than some of the other streaming service, but there's a night and day difference in terms of curation and quality control. 

You can even check what they have without having to subscribe. 

https://www.criterionchannel.com/browse?utm_source=criterion.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_content=header

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh, right. Still haven’t seen that either. 

Don't bother. Re-watching the original movies would be more entertaining.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

Don't bother. Re-watching the original movies would be more entertaining.

I actually rewatched them pretty recently and it was indeed very entertaining. :lol: 

Still, I’ve got a friend who really wants me to check out Furiosa so I’ll probably do it eventually for him.

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I actually rewatched them pretty recently and it was indeed very entertaining. :lol: 

Still, I’ve got a friend who really wants me to check out Furiosa so I’ll probably do it eventually for him.

I can't imagine why. We both were bored.

The biggest entertainment we've had this week is discussing how we would re-write the movies we watched to be decent stories.

• Like 1

Critical Drinker having to reach deep into the pile of metaphors to describe Rings of Power s2.

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Get this, apparently there's a scene that shows baby and mother orcs, and it reveals the orcs are fighting for a better life for their families. I ain't kidding :rofl:

Yep. XD They also backstabbed Sauron for trying to rule them and he proceeded to turn into a goo monster, flop down a mountainside, get stuck on someone’s cart wheel, rematerialize as a human, and flip to being a good guy because some random old man told him he should.

• Haha 1

What the fuck. The University of Nottingham are wanting to "decolonize" Anglo-Saxon history. Removing any mentions of them in their history course.

This is actual historical revisionism. Having looked it up, this is apparently not a new thing for the Brits. They seem to hate themselves.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What the fuck. The University of Nottingham are wanting to "decolonize" Anglo-Saxon history. Removing any mentions of them in their history course.

This is actual historical revisionism. Having looked it up, this is apparently not a new thing for the Brits. They seem to hate themselves.

To be honest...I don't blame them. Their very hateable sometimes XD

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Get this, apparently there's a scene that shows baby and mother orcs, and it reveals the orcs are fighting for a better life for their families. I ain't kidding :rofl:

As for this, I think they should have spent time focusing on the really horrible historical grievances the Easterlings and the Wildmen had with the Numenorians, if they wanted to give more depth to some of Sauron's servant's. J.R.R Tolkien himself said they had every right to be angry at what Gondor did to them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As for this, I think they should have spent time focusing on the really horrible historical grievances the Easterlings and the Wildmen had with the Numenorians, if they wanted to give more depth to some of Sauron's servant's. J.R.R Tolkien himself said they had every right to be angry at what Gondor did to them. 

This show has screwed up the setting and timeline so tremendously that I don’t think it’s even worth bringing Tolkien into the discussion anymore. It is impossible for them to portray Numenor or its relationship with the Easterlings properly at this point.

Only semi-related, but I’ve been jumping around rereading certain parts of the trilogy lately. One of my favorite details I’ve picked up is that Aragorn and Eomer form an alliance with the Haradrim in the early 4th Age, despite everything. It feels optimistic, but believably-so from an author who lived to see quite a few ancestral enemies turn friends in his lifetime. 

• Like 2