Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love Keanu Reeves, but to be honest, Lee Jung-jae is a way better actor. Don’t care about the crappy Star Wars show, but his performance in Squid Games was excellent. 

But he barely speaks English, so I doubt he had any idea of what a shitshow he was walking into with Star Wars. Whereas Keanu knew enough to avoid that sinking ship. Neo is pretty good at dodging bullets. XD 

Matrix Resurrection doesn’t count because it doesn’t exist. 

You really can't compare Hollywood to the pool of foreign movie-stars; especially Korean ones XD They're just on another level. 

I like Keanu too, but not many actors who are usually in his stardom have legendarily horrible performances like he gave in Dracula XD

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You really can't compare Hollywood to the pool of foreign movie-stars; especially Korean ones XD They're just on another level. 

I like Keanu too, but not many actors who are usually in his stardom have legendarily horrible performances like he gave in Dracula XD

Eh, I don’t really agree. Hollywood has plenty of amazing actors, it just also has lots of bad ones. The pool is huge.

Keanu has his niche. He is a fantastic stunt actor. Give him a gun and he looks way more comfortable and familiar with it than 99% of Hollywood (because he is). And he makes action scenes look great by not needing twenty jump cuts or back-shots to hide a stunt double.

But his emotional acting range is pretty low. His best performance I’ve seen is the mo-cap work he did in Cyberpunk, every other thing I’ve seen him in over the last decade has been the exact same: stoic man with one facial expression who grunts a lot and only speaks in soft two-word sentences.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eh, I don’t really agree. Hollywood has plenty of amazing actors, it just also has lots of bad ones. The pool is huge.

Keanu has his niche. He is a fantastic stunt actor. Give him a gun and he looks way more comfortable and familiar with it than 99% of Hollywood (because he is). And he makes action scenes look great by not needing twenty jump cuts or back-shots to hide a stunt double.

But his emotional acting range is pretty low. His best performance I’ve seen is the mo-cap work he did in Cyberpunk, every other thing I’ve seen him in over the last decade has been the exact same: stoic man with one facial expression who grunts a lot and only speaks in soft two-word sentences.

XD

• Haha 1

I watched Horizon Pt. 1 on HBO. It's really long and it ends weird, but if you like classic westerns it is worth a watch.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

11 minutes ago, Celan said:

I watched Horizon Pt. 1 on HBO. It's really long and it ends weird, but if you like classic westerns it is worth a watch.

I'll probably see it when the second part comes out XD

I like westerns well enough in a vacuum, but I've never really been dragged into a binge with them. Might get some of criterion and Arrow's releases of them for my collection. 

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

You can tell that they created the whole thing and then just chopped it into parts because of its length. It feels like HotD season 2 where it just "stops" instead of "ends". Even got the preview montage in there at the end.

But the different storylines are all good enough that I am very excited to see them continued in part 2. Did you have a favorite? Mine was probably the orphan boy who ends up running with scalp hunters. Was definitely the darkest and most tense.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You can tell that they created the whole thing and then just chopped it into parts because of its length. It feels like HotD season 2 where it just "stops" instead of "ends". Even got the preview montage in there at the end.

But the different storylines are all good enough that I am very excited to see them continued in part 2. Did you have a favorite? Mine was probably the orphan boy who ends up running with scalp hunters. Was definitely the darkest and most tense.

Indeed. It was pretty intense

when he realized that his band were doing the same thing to Native villages that was done to his family.

The cinematography was really beautiful. 

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is he? Haven’t heard much about Tim Burton in a while. But I’d definitely bet on whatever he makes being better than most of what comes from Disney. 

Apparently alot of people don't like his newer movies. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Konami also announced another Castlevania collection

Firing off on all cylinders. 

WOW, so this isn't just a remaster it includes an entire new remake of Castlevania 1: Haunted Castle! New Castlevania game in 2024! 

• Like 1

Saw Alien Romulus. It had good atmosphere and some good visuals but the usual stuff, completely forgettable characters that look like they're 13 years old. Plus the gore and action was just... too much. Like it was throwing everything but the kitchen sink at you. 

• Like 1