Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It made George Luca's inspiration from Kurosawa movie's actually seem like just fun homages, because apparently it's one of the biggest knock off's of Seven Samurai of all time XD

Seven Samurai is one of the most knocked off movies in history because it’s frankly just a really good format to put new spins on. I could forgive that.

But with Rebel Moon, basically every single thing in it, every character, storyline, the worldbuilding, hell every freaking scene, is ludicrously pretentious and over-indulgent garbage.

It comes across like it was written by an edgelordy 14-year-old boy who desperately wants to appear deep and mature but also thinks "mature = blood and nudity" and that the message of Saving Private Ryan is about how cool and badass it is to be in a war.

It’s also just nonsensical throughout. I don’t know if there is a writer/director out there who better embodies the phrase "not as smart as he thinks he is".

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Seven Samurai is one of the most knocked off movies in history because it’s frankly just a really good format to put new spins on. I could forgive that.

But with Rebel Moon, basically every single thing in it, every character, storyline, the worldbuilding, hell every freaking scene, is ludicrously pretentious and over-indulgent garbage.

It comes across like it was written by an edgelordy 14-year-old boy who desperately wants to appear deep and mature but also thinks "mature = blood and nudity" and that the message of Saving Private Ryan is about how cool and badass it is to be in a war. 

Kurosawa sent John Sturges a ceremonial sword after seeing Magnificent Seven, I don't think he'd do the same for Rebel Moon XD

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kurosawa sent John Sturges a ceremonial sword after seeing Magnificent Seven, I don't think he'd do the same for Rebel Moon XD

What a legendary gift.

Snyder actually had the gall to say that by not supporting his movies, people were just ensuring that they’d get more generic Marvel crap instead.

Dude seriously thinks he’s like a Denis Villeneuve or a Martin Scorsese. No. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

IM THE LAST NIGGA SAMURAI YOU HONKIES FINNA DIE I GOT YO BISCH GOBBLIN THE DICK, LIKE MCDONALDS FRIES LOOK TO THE SKY WHEN I BUST N MAKE HER AN AMERICAN PIE IM THE REALIST NIGGA HERE YOU RIDIN DEERE, NIGGA I FLY, WHAT IT BE WHAT IT DO IM DROPPIN BOMBS FROM UP HIGH, GOT VEGETA AND GOKU AND WE BUSTIN YOUR BITCH OUT WIDE I LOVE THAT WHITE PUSSY NIGGA I AINT GONNA LIE BUT KAMALA CAN GET IT TOO UNBURDEN WHAT HAS BEEN IN THEM THIGHS BITCH

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

IM THE LAST NIGGA SAMURAI YOU HONKIES FINNA DIE I GOT YO BISCH GOBBLIN THE DICK, LIKE MCDONALDS FRIES LOOK TO THE SKY WHEN I BUST N MAKE HER AN AMERICAN PIE IM THE REALIST NIGGA HERE YOU RIDIN DEERE, NIGGA I FLY, WHAT IT BE WHAT IT DO IM DROPPIN BOMBS FROM UP HIGH, GOT VEGETA AND GOKU AND WE BUSTIN YOUR BITCH OUT WIDE I LOVE THAT WHITE PUSSY NIGGA I AINT GONNA LIE BUT KAMALA CAN GET IT TOO UNBURDEN WHAT HAS BEEN IN THEM THIGHS BITCH

~Yasuke in response to a Ikko Ikki rebel circa 1581

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What has quarter pounder done nowXD 

:rofl:

he jumped on the moistcritical hate wagon over some dumb internet "debate" that charlie didnt even know was being recorded, and all just because he wasnt aware some states actually allow gender changing hormones and surgery for minors. Whether thats legal or not I dont know but it has happened.

Was he ignorant to the subject sure, and his comments were pretty dumb lol but the way quartering was hungry to see that fall was max cringe, it honestly wasnt a big deal at all.

I already thought the dude was cringe, but in a boomer zoomer way. Now I cant even watch a minute of his videos, which I barely could before anyways.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl:

he jumped on the moistcritical hate wagon over some dumb internet "debate" that charlie didnt even know was being recorded, and all just because he wasnt aware some states actually allow gender changing hormones and surgery for minors. Whether thats legal or not I dont know but it has happened.

Was he ignorant to the subject sure, and his comments were pretty dumb lol but the way quartering was hungry to see that fall was max cringe, it honestly wasnt a big deal at all.

I already thought the dude was cringe, but in a boomer zoomer way. Now I cant even watch a minute of his videos, which I barely could before anyways.

That sounds about right. His neckbeard and the grease always on his skin always made his videos disgusting to watch for me XD

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They're finally publishing JRR Tolkien's lost poems (About eighty I believe, which were found amidst Christopher's personal archives he didn't want to show anyone)  

Will probably retail for like 200, but it's a spiffy collection 

10_6646f11ebbc14.thumb.jpg.47ccdcb749cfb405158e0948f5424fd6.jpg

That's when like 95% of them are from the freaky era of WW1 style Gondolin, where orcs had mechanized siege and trenches XD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love Keanu Reeves, but to be honest, Lee Jung-jae is a way better actor. Don’t care about the crappy Star Wars show, but his performance in Squid Games was excellent. 

But he barely speaks English, so I doubt he had any idea of what a shitshow he was walking into with Star Wars. Whereas Keanu knew enough to avoid that sinking ship. Neo is pretty good at dodging bullets. XD 

Matrix Resurrection doesn’t count because it doesn’t exist. 

• Haha 1