Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

The last two episodes of Rings of Power season 2 sound like they might be the worst in the show. XD 

When asked why the awakened Balrog doesn’t just destroy Khazad dûm since, you know, he’s an ancient demon of shadow and flame who opposes that is good… the showrunner responded that it’s because they consider him a metaphor for climate change. :rofl: 

• Haha 2

Galadriel also has yet another obvious "death scene" at the end. She just straight up falls off a gigantic cliff. Not tumbles, falls. And not into water, into ground. XD 

But of course she survives because her plot armor makes the One Ring look brittle by comparison.

Suddenly everyone that made fun of his speech from Aspergers and called him cringe are quiet as fuck rn lol. I remember people were roasting him to death for suggesting this was possible. Now they all shut the fuck up.

Im just sad that I probably wont live to see future cars on mars in person lol  

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

SpaceX accomplishes so many miracles on the regular that people never even hear about. None of it was inevitable. Musk's haters saying "his engineers did it" like the space agencies he's blown out of the water don't have engineers.

Back when SpaceX was first starting out with Falcon and Dragon, ULA (Lockheed and Boeing) was using engines from Russia. SpaceX is all American made. They make their own engines and other elements in-house. ULA got more money and never achieved a reusable rocket. They didn't even try. They only want to "keep the upper stage" and call that reusable.

Or take Bechtel, another big defense contractor. NASA awarded them a $388m contract to build a mobile launch tower for SLS rockets- NASA's heavy payload that is supposed to compete with Starship. Starship just landed perfectly on a dime and its tower caught it. Bechtel... their project is up to 2.7 billion dollars and climbing, and they're nowhere near done. NASA wanted it done in 2026. They moved the finish date out to 2027 and then 2029.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach