Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is there a better example of a phenomenally good movie that never needed a sequel, who's sequel sucked worse than this? XD

300 is one that comes to mind. Phenomenally being used lightly here and completely up to the person but point stands that movie didn't need a sequel to the point most people don't know it had one.

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Last of Us 2 for games. 

Man, I'm like half forcing myself through the first game because I actually don't know the story to it and am enjoying the story but can't stand the gameplay, it's clunky af imo.
But knowing what the 2nd one holds I'm at least glad I don't have to go through it a second time for THAT.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

300 is one that comes to mind. Phenomenally being used lightly here and completely up to the person but point stands that movie didn't need a sequel to the point most people don't know it had one.

Eva Green’s tatas alone make Rise of an Empire a far better viewing experience than Joker 2. XD 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eva Green’s tatas alone make Rise of an Empire a far better viewing experience than Joker 2. XD 

I have so many things to say about Joker 2 and I haven't seen it yet. I'll just put in this way the first movie was in my top 5 maybe top 3 movies so this being a flop....My year (movie wise) is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Man, I'm like half forcing myself through the first game because I actually don't know the story to it and am enjoying the story but can't stand the gameplay, it's clunky af imo.
But knowing what the 2nd one holds I'm at least glad I don't have to go through it a second time for THAT.

I’m mostly the same. The first game’s gameplay wasn’t good, but it served its purpose as a vehicle for an excellent story.

The second game has a crappy story and the gameplay is barely at all changed from the first. So there’s just nothing worth liking in it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m mostly the same. The first game’s gameplay wasn’t good, but it served its purpose as a vehicle for an excellent story.

The second game has a crappy story and the gameplay is barely at all changed from the first. So there’s just nothing worth liking in it.

That's about what I was thinking, thank ye for confirming I should def just save my time and not even touch the 2nd one. Hell I'd have to wait for them to drop a unoptimized PC port for it like they did part 1 anyways. Like legit the ONLY other games I play where having 16gigs of ram may be a help is Star citizen (dont judge me I know its never coming out lol) and Tarkov but both of those are still WIP games, what is Sony's excuse for TLOU port being so blegh.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

I've never seen the sequel, but we can all agree Meet the Spartans is the truly greatest adaptation of the comic

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Anyone want to hop on Discord in a bit? Warning that I’ll be spoiling the hell out of Joker if we do. XD 

I heard the best part of the whole movie is

When Character-Regression Not-Joker says he doesn't want to sing anymore by the end. I heard many theaters were so fucking relieved by those lines, that the shitty movie was over :rofl:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I heard the best part of the whole movie is

Hide contents

When Character-Regression Not-Joker says he doesn't want to sing anymore by the end. I heard many theaters were so fucking relieved by those lines, that the shitty movie was over :rofl:

:rofl: That’s hilarious. Literally before we were even out of the theater parking lot, I said was that this was the most relatable line of dialogue in the entire movie. 

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: That’s hilarious. Literally before we were even out of the theater parking lot, I said was that this was the most relatable line of dialogue in the entire movie. 

To elaborate

The majority of the songs basically killed whatever momentum the plot might’ve been building up. They usually interrupted important scenes and went nowhere, progressed nothing. With one exception*, every time a character broke into a musical number, the actual story just grounded to a halt while we wait for them to finish. It was annoying. 

By the time Not-Joker said "stop singing, I just want to talk!" I was halfway wanting to yell at the screen "FINALLY! Listen to the guy!"

*That one exception had Joker and Harley attempting to break out of Arkham together while singing, and it was actually a pretty good scene and the only time I can think of where one of the "musical" sequences actually progressed the plot.