Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Netflix dropped a trailer for their new animated Tomb Raider series. 

Can’t say I’m impressed. It looks like exactly as dull as anyone could’ve predicted from IP-holders who have admitted to hating said IP.

More survivalist Lara. No characterization besides generic "angry determined". Yaaay. 

0/10 not hot enough

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

•" Horror-driven
• Combat-intensive
• You can leave the planet any time you wish, but the plot is entirely self-contained, and exploration of the planet and the city will lead to uncovering exactly what happened
• Shattered Space' planet has more of an alien world feel
• Abandoned sci-fi corridors, plagued by grim beasts
• FEAR-like atmosphere
• A handcrafted world, new weapons, new gear, new items"

https://www.eurogamer.net/starfield-shattered-space-warps-bethesdas-final-frontier-into-full-on-horror

Why the hell wasn't the base game like this?

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

•" Horror-driven
• Combat-intensive
• You can leave the planet any time you wish, but the plot is entirely self-contained, and exploration of the planet and the city will lead to uncovering exactly what happened
• Shattered Space' planet has more of an alien world feel
• Abandoned sci-fi corridors, plagued by grim beasts
• FEAR-like atmosphere
• A handcrafted world, new weapons, new gear, new items"

https://www.eurogamer.net/starfield-shattered-space-warps-bethesdas-final-frontier-into-full-on-horror

Why the hell wasn't the base game like this?

Those are some very nice-sounding buzzwords. But can Bethesda pull it off?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Those are some very nice-sounding buzzwords. But can Bethesda pull it off?

Maybe the backlash from their entire fanbase instead of scattered factions knocked some sense into them XD At the very least, focusing on a SINGLE planet was probably a good idea.  

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Press is starting to release Avowed previews. Very positive so far

https://www.ign.com/articles/avowed-we-finally-played-obsidians-first-person-rpg-and-its-fantastic

I’ve read several articles today and the consensus seems to be very positive. It sounds like Obsidian are doing what they do best with this one: lots of really good RPG elements, choices, dialogue, etc. But I’m also seeing basically everyone mentioning that the combat is the best they’ve done, which is great to hear as this will be the first "sword and sorcery" sort of game that they have done that isn’t isometric.

Too bad none of the journals seem to have played Pillars of Eternity because none ever talk about it in relation to those games with any detail.

Still, I am excited. The delay is a shame, but it’s easily the game I’m most excited for right now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I can't wait for all the journalists attacks without realizing based Tim is gay XD

1724364147129965m.thumb.jpg.ce7a56eaae89329d8f774fb3711f9d7b.jpg

I saw the video this morning. It’s hilarious because Chris Avellone said the same thing months ago (in response to the show being a Commie circlejerk) and everyone said he was full of shit and that it was Tim’s position that mattered, not his. 

Well… there ya go. :rofl: Sweet, sweet vindication.

Not that anyone who played all the games should’ve ever been in doubt. Fallout being "anti-Capitalist satire" has always been a Bethesda invention. The originals and New Vegas focus on human nature, not any specific human system, regardless of how much whinging internet commies try to claim it for their own.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll take "lists that are way too long" for 500, Alex!

Borderlands is on the "legendary" bad list; it got recalled from over two thousand theaters (and counting) within a week of releasing XD

I watched Carol (a lesbian period movie from the 30's) that got nominated for a ton of Academy Awards starring Cate Blanchett, and then watched a commercial for Borderlands with her in it, and it was like two different people wearing the same face. Fucking wild.  

• Haha 1