Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This guy is Beth's number one shill so it must be bad. Apparently the MQ is even shorter than Dragonborns. 

Sounds like a rush job. Bet you they’re trying to move past SF quickly so they can get to TES6 and make actual money again. 

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1727883573989061.thumb.png.596d73ac6bc24cf6657ffc23e6bff9ac.png

This guy is Beth's number one shill so it must be bad. Apparently the MQ is even shorter than Dragonborns. 

Reviews coming out now. Has a 56 on metacritic and 45 on Steam user ones. Holy shit. Things must be bad at Bethesda. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/rpg/starfield-design-lead-says-the-space-rpg-is-in-a-lot-of-ways-the-hardest-thing-bethesda-has-ever-done-and-also-the-best-game-weve-ever-made/

"Emil Pagliarulo says "we pushed ourselves to make something totally different"

It's fucking that rat-faced bastard again. I don't know a more egotistical developer. 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Neil Druckmann for sure. 

Remember his self-insert, Dr. Uckmann, with the "100 Brains" stat? XD 

Neil has some chops though. He made Last of Us 1 and a pretty good first season of a TV show. What has Emil contributed? 

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Neil has some chops though. He made Last of Us 1 and a pretty good first season of a TV show. What has Emil contributed? 

Have you ever read about his vision for TLoU1? It’s pretty crap. We ended up with a decent story because his co-writer, Bruce Straley, vetoed his worst ideas. Then Bruce left Naughty Dog and Neil reworked all those discarded bad ideas into TLoU2.

Regardless, we’re comparing egos, not skill. Neil might be a better writer than Emil, maybe, but his ego is huge.

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/rpg/starfield-design-lead-says-the-space-rpg-is-in-a-lot-of-ways-the-hardest-thing-bethesda-has-ever-done-and-also-the-best-game-weve-ever-made/

"Emil Pagliarulo says "we pushed ourselves to make something totally different"

It's fucking that rat-faced bastard again. I don't know a more egotistical developer. 

They said the same thing about Fallout 4. If this is what they think is good, they don't deserve a player base.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently that new Marvel witch Show (Agatha I think it's called) was made with a fifty million budget, which is a huge drop compared to the other Disney Plus ones and is decent. Maybe they won't spend 300 million anymore. 

I heard that it’s terrible but I can’t verify because I have never met anyone who’s seen an episode. Even my two remaining "Marvel fan" friends haven’t cared enough to watch this one. XD 

17 minutes ago, Celan said:

They said the same thing about Fallout 4. If this is what they think is good, they don't deserve a player base.

I think the existence of Cyberpunk has them sweating bullets. There haven’t been many AAA devs who do the "micro detail" open worlds like they do, but CDPR proved they can do it too, but waaaay better. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I heard that it’s terrible but I can’t verify because I have never met anyone who’s seen an episode. Even my two remaining "Marvel fan" friends haven’t cared enough to watch this one. XD 

Werewolf by Night has been the best marvel project in the last twenty years XD And they haven't done a single thing with it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

image.jpeg.3a2653b0115ac6dd7453b38fc67e2564.jpeg

Such a humiliating spectacle, god.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach