Roleplayer's Off-Topic Thread #44

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If your going to keep the katanas it should be in a period that actually had them XD

Jin had them, so he would have them in a sequel.

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

She seems to be wearing Jin's Menpo on her belt. Might be an ancestor?

That could be any menpo, really. It’s not the one he wears most iconically.

Since it’s been like 300 years, I’m guessing Jin left a legacy and more people took up the "Ghost" mantle over the years, including this new character. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Jin had them, so he would have them in a sequel.

That could be any menpo, really. It’s not the one he wears most iconically.

Since it’s been like 300 years, I’m guessing Jin left a legacy and more people took up the "Ghost" mantle over the years, including this new character. 

That was just a comment on how there's katana in the game despite the blade not existing in that period (he would be wielding a tachi). XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently the games dealing with the Aniu. Which means I think the devs need to be very careful.

Meh, let them tell their story. XD I highly doubt it’ll be anything offensive. Besides the unabashed national pride, first game was pretty modern in its sensibilities.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Meh, let them tell their story. XD I highly doubt it’ll be anything offensive. Besides the unabashed national pride, first game was pretty modern in its sensibilities.

Japanese games don't touch the Aniu with a ten foot pole so apparently it's a cultural taboo XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That was just a comment on how there's katana in the game despite the blade not existing in that period (he would be wielding a tachi). XD

I know, but it doesn’t change the fact that in the Ghost of Tsushima universe, katanas did exist in this period. Would’ve been a cool historic touch if they hadn’t, but it’s too late to walk that back now. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I dug the more "western" inspired music direction they took here. Was a cool genre blend and if carried through will give this game a pretty unique OST overall. 

Yeah this seems more focused outside the circle of the Samurai class. Last game was about someone being born into it and than leaving it after being exposed to its inefficiencies. While this character is already outside the cycle. I think the Shogunate will directly be the enemey. 

• Like 1