Soulsborne Rings Die Twice Thread #14

Favorite of the Carian Royalty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite of House Caria?

• Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
    • Starscourge Radahn
    • Lunar Princess Ranni
    • Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy

And last night on NG+2 I reached both Genichiro and Lady Butterfly without any deaths so far. :D Blazing Bull did manage to knock out my first health bar and kickstart the resurrection mechanic, but no true deaths.

Lady Butterfly is gonna be hilarious now that I have like 60 Snap Seeds. XD 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

And last night on NG+2 I reached both Genichiro and Lady Butterfly without any deaths so far. :D Blazing Bull did manage to knock out my first health bar and kickstart the resurrection mechanic, but no true deaths.

Lady Butterfly is gonna be hilarious now that I have like 60 Snap Seeds. XD 

Wait how are you already on NG+2?

Did you already do the alternate early ending?

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's somewhat sad that Sekiro remembers Owl being a much greater warrior than he ever was. Owl Father's memory mentions something along the lines of him never attaining such skill while alive.

The opposite. It says that the memory was of "a man in his prime". He was this good at his best, but got slower and weaker with age.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's somewhat sad that Sekiro remembers Owl being a much greater warrior than he ever was. Owl Father's memory mentions something along the lines of him never attaining such skill while alive.

Nah, that was Owl in his prime. You can see him using his familiar to guide Wolf in Hirata, which he can no longer do in his aged Castle form 

• Like 1

What is sad, though, is that Owl seemingly didn’t reach his peak until he was quite old, and so he wasn’t able to maintain it for long at all as his body soon caught up with him.

Seems a common theme in this game. Many of the strongest characters, Isshin, Owl, Orangutan, probably even Lady Butterfly, were all masters held back or undone by their mortality. Seeing what a difference three years made for Owl, it’s understandable why he sought to become immortal.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

You mean obscure Wolf’s vision and distract him from his attacks? XD 

No, when your stumbling on him for the first time, after he "dies" and the flames start to consume the Pavillion, his Owl will appear and guide Wolf down the right path 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wait wait wait I'm thinking of Inner Owl XD

I'm retarded 

Ah, makes sense. If these gauntlets are stronger versions of the various bosses than what appears in the actual story, then Inner Owl would indeed be better than his peak.

Beat Lady Butterfly and Genichiro first try on this second playthrough. I’m starting to feel bad for Genichiro. This guy only wants to save Ashina but he’s just turned into Sekiro’s whipping boy. :rofl: 

But even now that I’ve got it down solid, it’s still an amazing fight. One of Fromsoft’s all timers without question. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Beat Lady Butterfly and Genichiro first try on this second playthrough. I’m starting to feel bad for Genichiro. This guy only wants to save Ashina but he’s just turned into Sekiro’s whipping boy. :rofl: 

But even now that I’ve got it down solid, it’s still an amazing fight. One of Fromsoft’s all timers without question. 

Genichiro is a pretty competent Daimyo (and a great warrior). He just has the misfortune of going up Machiavelli reborn as a Japanese Warlord that has the literal rest of Japan under his control, and his grandpa is literally one of the greatest warriors of all time XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Genichiro: Through mastery of the arts of war, and heretical powers Ashina will survive.

Interior Ministry:

The funniest thing is I guarantee literally ANY Samurai of the Waring States period would fucking love to do that.

They loved guns and exploding shit just as much as modern Americans XD

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The funniest thing is I guarantee literally ANY Samurai of the Waring States period would fucking love to do that.

They loved guns and exploding shit just as much as modern Americans XD

Alot of them loved it XD But there was quite a few who did not; the ones on the receiving end. 

43590g1.thumb.jpg.5143993b7104b005dda3ea3b8e2df864.jpg

• Haha 1

My playthrough 2 has inadvertently turned into a "no death" run. XD I beat Oniwa, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, the Folding Screen Monkeys, Corrupted Monk, and all mini-bosses along the way without any true deaths.

All that remains is the Headless Ape to trigger Owl’s return, and I’ll side with him this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

My playthrough 2 has inadvertently turned into a "no death" run. XD I beat Oniwa, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, the Folding Screen Monkeys, Corrupted Monk, and all mini-bosses along the way without any true deaths.

All that remains is the Headless Ape to trigger Owl’s return, and I’ll side with him this time.

Oooh shit you're doing great! Let us know when you're siding with Owl >:D

• Thanks 1