Soulsborne Rings Die Twice Thread #14

Favorite of the Carian Royalty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite of House Caria?

• Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
    • Starscourge Radahn
    • Lunar Princess Ranni
    • Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Yet he was terrified of Isshin XD

Isshin in his prime must’ve been a demon of a fighter or the best strategist alive. Probably both. Considering he was sneaking away from his sick bed to kill spies in his castle, I can definitely see why he was viewed as a man to be feared. 

• Like 1

I think they made a deal to support the new Shogunate government in return for being allowed to continue their horrible research. 

Bet you anything that the Interior Ministry would’ve torched them afterwards regardless. They don’t seem to have any interest in heretical crap like that.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and they don't skimp out all the details showing the Ministry slaughtering civillians; like poor Anayama and Kotaro. I think Anayama, despite exploitng the later, cared about him and wolf :( And Kotaro was completely innocent. 

Those two were my favorite NPCs apart from the main group. The "sleazy little conman and his friendly dim-witted muscle" is the kind of fun buddy dynamic that just makes you want to watch a TV show about them. :lol: Anayamo’s dying words of how he’d turn his one remaining sen into a mountain of gold was very sad.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Remeber how you kept talking about dark, ancient things dwelling just underneath the surface. You just found the most horrible and terrible of them all XD

I only fought him once before going back to explore a little more, but this guy is indeed ferocious. I got his first health bar, but the bastard’s got three!

I appreciate the guy who left the note saying it’s the Sculptor. It makes so much sense that I think I’d have pieced it together soon myself, anyway (the fact that he left, his visions of flame and wrath, the fact that it’s missing an arm), but still it’s given me more time to think about it. 

Is this Shura, then? The devil he almost turned into before Isshin cut off his arm.

Or did he turn into this before, and get reverted back after losing the arm?

If it’s the latter, then damn, Isshin was indeed a massive badass to have taken him on. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I only fought him once before going back to explore a little more, but this guy is indeed ferocious. I got his first health bar, but bastard’s got three!

I appreciate the guy who left the note saying it’s the Sculptor. It makes so much sense that I think I’d have pieced it together soon myself, anyway (the fact that he left, his visions of flame and wrath, the fact that it’s missing an arm), but still it’s given me more time to think about it. 

Is this Shura, then? The devil he almost turned into before Isshin cut off his arm.

Or did he turn into this before, and get reverted back after losing the arm?

If it’s the latter, then damn, Isshin was indeed a massive badass to have taken him on. 

You'll find out more about it once you beat it. (If you can XD)

If you had given Sculptor all the drinks, Wolf has secret dialogue with it. Did you hear Sekiro speak at the start? 

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Immortality is probably super tempting XD

Maybe to someone like Owl, but something I really like about this game is that nearly everyone in it is a true believer in their faith, and take the idea of heresy seriously. Basically everyone recognizes immortality as a bad and unnatural thing, and they’d sooner die than let it corrupt their souls. Far as I’ve seen, the Ministry engage in zero heretical arts, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d shun Senpou Temple and whatever can be offered by its evils.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You'll find out more about it once you beat it. (If you can XD)

If you had given Sculptor all the drinks, Wolf has secret dialogue with it. Did you hear Sekiro speak at the start? 

It might actually be hard too in the start with it's roar XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It might actually be hard too in the start with it's roar XD

Was about to say, I definitely drank everything I could with him, but didn’t notice any dialogue. But I was admittedly destructed by having unexpectedly teleported in front of a giant flaming demon surrounded by riflemen. XD I probably missed it. Shame.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was about to say, I definitely drank everything I could with him, but didn’t notice any dialogue. But I was admittedly destructed by having unexpectedly teleported in front of a giant flaming demon surrounded by riflemen. XD I probably missed it. Shame.

I'll post it once you beat him XD

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'll post it once you beat him XD

I beat him. There was some dialogue at the end where he thanked me for killing him and knew my name was "Wolf", but none before or during the fight that I noticed. So yeah, probably just got distracted and missed it.

That was a tough fight. I enjoyed it, but less than most others. Felt a little out of place with so little deflecting. Was more like a really tough Souls/Elden Ring boss where I basically just hugged his feet and attacked between his windows.

Cool boss, though. It was sad, knowing our good friend who’s been with us from the start ended up turning into the biggest monster in the game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I beat him. There was some dialogue at the end where he thanked me for killing him and knew my name was "Wolf". Plus the old lady nearby alluded to it being a friend.

That was a tough fight. I enjoyed it, but less than most others. Felt a little out of place with so little actual deflecting. Was more like a really tough Souls/Elden Ring boss where I basically just hugged his feet and attacked between his windows.

Cool boss, though. It was sad, knowing our good friend who’s been with us from the start ended up turning into the biggest monster in the game.

Still much better then some of the other monsters in Soulsborne. I'd argue he's one of the best "monster" fights he's done. 

Makes it pretty emotional. The old nun also gets special dialogue; where she puts Wolf's mind at ease. 

No matter how much he tried to become a better person; the karma he built up for being such a horrible killer was too much; it dragged him down no matter all the good deeds he did in the end...but because of him saving Wolf, he made a friend who was able to put him out of his misery. 

Oh and terrifying fact. That wasn't Shura. His description outright called the Demon a "failed Shura"...meaning it's just a comparatively "lesser" demon. Imagine what a real one could do XD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Makes sense. Games Elden Ring’s size take an incredibly long time to make.

This way, they’ve hooked in tens of millions of new fans and can now keep them interested with more games of a smaller size. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh yeah, I beat the badass Seven Spears dude and his Samurai General buddy. That Finger prosthetic came in very handy this time. I just lured the General away for a backstab and took on the Spearman solo. :shuriken:

Now you're acting like a proper shinobi XD You're close now...

• Like 1

Now you're acting like a proper shinobi XD You're close now...

Name of the game, baby. XD And now I’m almost back to where it all began. I’m sure I’ll be facing big bad final form Genichiro next, since he’s the only remaining loose end and this is his original arena. But for now I’m gonna call it quits here. It’s late and I’m too tired for another boss fight.

• Like 1

Endgame Genichiro:  Suspiciously easy.

Isshin Ashina:  Now that makes sense. 

This fight is so intense, but I am loving every second of it. I got Isshin down to his final heath bar on my second attempt, but it cost me two resurrections and all of my gourd seeds. Then he struck me with lightning and it was game over. I suck at the lightning deflections. XD 

Also, what the hell is homie doing with a semi-auto pistol in 1600s Japan?! :rofl: I swear, FromSoft pulled out all the stops with this one.

• Haha 1