Soulsborne Rings Die Twice Thread #14

Favorite of the Carian Royalty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite of House Caria?

• Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
    • Starscourge Radahn
    • Lunar Princess Ranni
    • Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And this is where the true end game starts XD

This is an intense endgame. 

Looks like Ashina is well and truly done for. Isshin dead, Sculptor gone, and my favorite sleezy merchant and his dim-witted strong buddy fallen. :( I’m worried now that even if I reach Kuro, Emma will not make it with us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Looks like Ashina is well and truly done for. Isshin dead, Sculptor gone, and my favorite sleezy merchant and his dim-witted strong buddy fallen. :( I’m worried now that even if I reach Kuro, Emma will not make it with us.

Emma is actually Owl in disguise

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And the true power and ruthlessness of the Shogunate is revealed. They fucking bulldoze them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The millitarized outskirts and castle are such an amazing final area. They made it feel like a real warzone. How cool is it to actually see the fully unleashed might of a foe that's been hyped up throughout the game? 

During the trailers and hype for Godrick, that's exactly how I thought Stormveil Castle would have been like. Eventually under siege and the Tarnished sneaking in to kill Godrick the (Golden) for his great rune.

Not gonna lie, I was really disappointed none of that came to happen XD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

During the trailers and hype for Godrick, that's exactly how I thought Stormveil Castle would have been like. Eventually under siege and the Tarnished sneaking in to kill Godrick the (Golden) for his great rune.

Not gonna lie, I was really disappointed none of that came to happen XD

I like how Caelid is just one massive free for all XD

Morne was a pretty cool setpiece too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The millitarized outskirts and castle are such an amazing final area. They made it feel like a real warzone. How cool is it to actually see the the full unleashed might of a foe that's been hyped up throughout the game? 

Very cool. The chaos of the ongoing battle is about as dynamic and "alive" as I can recall any area in one of these games ever feeling.

One thing I love is how half the Ashina soldiers don’t even seem interested in killing you anymore. Isshin’s Nightjar Ninjas left a trail for you to follow, and several dying soldiers straight up consider you on their side. My favorite was the one who asked us to go reinforce the troops in the Outskirts, like we are back to being allies now.

Another cool detail is how many Ashina soldiers now have the red eyes. They’re so desperate that they are sacrificing their humanity for a chance to win or even just survive. Reflects what we know of Ashina being willing to turn to heresies vs the cold and professional raw human skill and strategy of the Ministry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Very cool. The chaos of the ongoing battle is about as dynamic and "alive" as I can recall any area in one of these games ever feeling.

One thing I love is how half the Ashina soldiers even seem interested in killing you anymore. Isshin’s Nightjar Ninjas left a trail for you to follow, and several dying soldiers straight up consider you on their side. My favorite was the one who asked us to go reinforce the troops in the Outskirts, like we are back to being allies now.

Another cool detail is how many Ashina soldiers now have the red eyes. They’re so desperate that they are sacrificing their humanity for a chance to win or even just survive. 

And it's driven them crazy XD You can find Nightjar's fighting against their red-eyed kin. It's turned them into monsters. 

Their given it them all....and it's still not enough against the Red Guard. They're just too much of an elite force. Yet you can find pockets of Ashina warriors holding their own (like the General and Seven Spear standing back to back in a field of Red Guard corpses, how fucking badass is that XD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And it's driven them crazy XD You can find Nightjar's fighting against their red-eyed kin. It's turned them into monsters. 

Their given it them all....and it's still not enough against the Red Guard. They're just too much of an elite force. Yet you can find pockets of Ashina warriors holding their own (like the General and Seven Spear standing back to back in a field of Red Guard corpses, how fucking badass is that XD

If Genichiro didn't cut Sekiro's arm off and swipe Kuro, then maybe Ashina would still be a holdout XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If Genichiro didn't cut Sekiro's arm off and swipe Kuro, then maybe Ashina would still be a holdout XD

I’m pretty certain you are correct. If he hadn’t done that, they’d still have Genichiro, Oniwa (who is credited for being their best line of defense), three Generals, a ton of soldiers, and of course Wolf himself.

The Ministry and Owl had spies all over Ashina. It’s no accident that their assault came the exact same day that so much shit went down. They were waiting for an opening and Genichiro started the chain reaction that would create it. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m pretty certain you are correct. If he hadn’t done that, they’d still have Genichiro, Oniwa (who is credited for being their best line of defense), three Generals, a ton of soldiers, and of course Wolf himself.

The Ministry and Owl had spies all over Ashina. It’s no accident that their assault came the exact same day that so much shit went down. They were waiting for an opening and Genichiro started the chain reaction that would create it. 

It didn't help that as soon as they saw the wind turning; Senpou temple backstabbed Ashina and became turncoats for the Ministry. Absolute bastards XD

Then again, it seems the opening they were waiting for was Isshin’s death. All this other stuff was a nice and unexpected surprise that Owl seized on, but since Isshin dies this day regardless, they may have still ended up launching the attack.

But perhaps it wouldn’t have been so successful if Ashina hadn’t lost all its best defenders. 

Then again, it seems the opening they were waiting for was Isshin’s death. All this other stuff was a nice and unexpected surprise that Owl seized on, but since Isshin dies this day regardless, they may have still ended up launching the attack.

But perhaps it wouldn’t have been so successful if Ashina hadn’t lost all its best defenders. 

You know what kind of manipulator and chessmaster Tokuwaga was in real life through his Expy in Shogun XD I think he was going to win regardless once Isshin was hospitalized. But they could have gotten some compromise before Wolf came along. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It didn't help that as soon as they saw the wind turning; Senpou temple backstabbed Ashina and became turncoats for the Ministry. Absolute bastards XD

Wait, did they? I thought Senpou Temple were just doing their own weird-ass thing. Trying to reach enlightenment through immortality. It was treason, but I don’t remember any connections between them and the Ministry.

Wait, did they? I thought Senpou Temple were just doing their own weird-ass thing. Trying to reach enlightenment through immortality. It was treason, but I don’t remember any connections between them and the Ministry.

You can spy on a group of the rats (now sporting Red Ministry colors) bragging about helping the Minstry force launch a surprise attack with their inside knowledge, and pretty much state Senpou has switched sides. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You know what kind of manipulator and chessmaster Tokuwaga was in real life through his Expy in Shogun XD I think he was going to win regardless once Isshin was hospitalized. But they could have gotten some compromise before Wolf came along. 

For sure. The game never really pretends like it was anything but a matter of time. Genichiro is going all out and everyone sensible in-universe seems to think it’s pointless. 

And yeah, after watching Shogun and knowing where it leads, I don’t think anyone in Ashina has the mind to outplay Tokugawa forever. Plus, he’s united most of Japan at this point. They’re simply not in any position to win this war.

For sure. The game never really pretends like it was anything but a matter of time. Genichiro is going all out and everyone sensible in-universe seems to think it’s pointless. 

And yeah, after watching Shogun and knowing where it leads, I don’t think anyone in Ashina has the mind to outplay Tokugawa forever. Plus, he’s united most of Japan at this point. They’re simply not in any position to win this war.

Yet he was terrified of Isshin XD

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You can spy on a group of the rats (now sporting Red Ministry colors) bragging about helping the Minstry force launch a surprise attack with their inside knowledge, and pretty much state Senpou has switched sides. 

Oh, I bet I know which rats you’re talking about. I eavesdropped on them early in the game for Isshin, but never returned after the shinobi infiltration to see if they had new dialogue.