Soulsborne Rings Die Twice Thread #14

Favorite of the Carian Royalty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite of House Caria?

• Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
    • Starscourge Radahn
    • Lunar Princess Ranni
    • Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Explored just a little of Samurai Sovngarde last night. Those eel dogs surprised the heck out of me with their lightning bolts. :lol: Gonna go out on a limb and predict that this is to reacquaint us with the lightning return mechanic in preparation for another boss with divine powers.

Lightning is cool in this game. I love how it’s not just "magic element #3" but rather an incredible power associated with the divine, such that for a mortal to even wield it is considered heretical and we only know of two who ever did. It’s definitely scary on the rare occasions that an enemy breaks it out.

How are you handling the Palace Nobles XD

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

How are you handling the Palace Nobles XD

Are they the flute players or the samurai eel guys squatting on the rooftops? If so, then they’re pretty easy. The Ministry gave me much more trouble.

If they’re something else, then I haven’t met them yet. I only played up to the first checkpoint, after the courtyard with all the eel dogs, so I’ve still got a lot ahead of me.

Also, "Palace Nobles?" Oh shit. The crazy priest in Mibu Village was rambling about how they were drinking the waters so they could get to a palace. I thought he was just nuts and talking about Ashina Castle, but this makes way more sense.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Are they the flute players or the samurai eel guys squatting on the rooftops? If so, then they’re pretty easy. The Ministry gave me much more trouble.

If they’re something else, then I haven’t met them yet. I only played up to the first checkpoint, after the courtyard with all the eel dogs, so I’ve still got a lot ahead of me.

Also, "Palace Nobles?" Oh shit. The crazy priest in Mibu Village was rambling about how they were drinking the waters so they could get to a palace. I thought he was just nuts and talking about Ashina Castle, but this makes way more sense.

Okay, so you have. Don't let them use their flutes XD

Oh and those are woman. Onna-Bushi (Warrior woman). They've been frequently mentioned, the Okami Warriors.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and wow, they fixed glitches that have been plaquing the base game since day 1. Better late then never XD

Thank goodness chainsaw has been removed. Ive nearly lost quite a few duels by salty Bois trying to pull that on me. But I whack them out at the last second XD

Don't think I've actually died to one.

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They pretty much buffed everything.

Great Katanas are supremely annoying now. I've seen a lot of poise stacking dudes using them now. They out-trade anything below ultras, both in damage and winning the hyper armor tradeXD

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

38 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and those are woman. Onna-Bushi (Warrior woman). They've been frequently mentioned, the Okami Warriors.  

Ooh, yes I do remember them being mentioned. If I recall correctly, the poison blade is supposed to be effective against them. Will try that out later.

I did use the puppeteer ninjitsu on one of the bow ones and she went to town for me. Killed a swordswoman, then cleared the entire courtyard of eel dogs. 

• Like 1

"Changed the default selection of the OK / CANCEL prompt that shows up when using the “Spectral Steed Whistle” while the spectral steed is dead. The default selection position is now OK."

Game changer. XD 

Kinda weird that spirit summons are getting universal buffs. They were completely busted as it is, and now it looks like the one place they are actually somewhat reasonably balanced -the DLC- they will now be OP in as well.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Changed the default selection of the OK / CANCEL prompt that shows up when using the “Spectral Steed Whistle” while the spectral steed is dead. The default selection position is now OK."

Game changer. XD 

Kinda weird that spirit summons are getting universal buffs. They were completely busted as it is, and now it looks like the one place they are actually somewhat reasonably balanced -the DLC- they will now be OP in as well.

From what I understand, the point of that part was to make it so the other summoned were now viable when compared to Mimic Tear XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

From what I understand, the point of that part was to make it so the other summoned were now viable when compared to Mimic Tear XD

But Mimic Tear got buffed as well.

And frankly, the problem with summons wasn’t that they were all too weak compared to Mimic Tear. It’s that summons were too powerful in general and Mimic Tear was simply the worst offender. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But Mimic Tear got buffed as well.

And frankly, the problem with summons wasn’t that they were all too weak compared to Mimic Tear. It’s that summons were too powerful in general and Mimic Tear was simply the worst offender. 

"Increased the attack power and damage negation of summoned spirits, excluding the Mimic Tear, when the Revered Spirit Ash Blessing is at [5] or more."

They literally mention that everything got buffed EXCEPT Mimic Tear XD

• Like 1

Never mind. I’d seen further down that Mimic Tear did get a "buff", but it’s in the form of a bug fix to its casting abilities. Not the same sort of buff as the rest.

Regardless, my point was that Mimic Tear being stronger than the rest isn’t really the issue. Making everything else closer or equal to the strength of Mimic Tear enhances the problem, it doesn’t fix it. 

I do like that Ansbach’s incantation got buffed, though. For the final reward of the DLC questline (besides Radahn’s remembrance items), the damage was very underwhelming. Especially considering how awesome it looked.

If one of y'all tries it out, would you mind letting me know how it is now? Would be interested to know if it’s worth playing with.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I do like that Ansbach’s incantation got buffed, though. For the final reward of the DLC questline (besides Radahn’s remembrance items), the damage was very underwhelming. Especially considering how awesome it looked.

If one of y'all tries it out, would you mind letting me know how it is now? Would be interested to know if it’s worth playing with.

Rain of Fire is fucking terrifying now 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/1efp7kw/yeah_so_the_rain_of_fire_buff_was_kinda_good/

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Never mind. I’d seen further down that Mimic Tear did get a "buff", but it’s in the form of a bug fix to its casting abilities. Not the same sort of buff as the rest.

Regardless, my point was that Mimic Tear being stronger than the rest isn’t really the issue. Making everything else closer or equal to the strength of Mimic Tear enhances the problem, it doesn’t fix it. 

At this point, I've accepted FROMSOFT made a concession for the difficulty fanatics (as in the ones who want easy mode). Summon Ashes are for them, and I think it's partially the reason why ER is so mainstream compared to the other games. It's optional, so whatever.  

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

At this point, I've accepted FROMSOFT made a concession for the difficulty fanatics (as in the ones who want easy mode). Summon Ashes are for them, and I think it's partially the reason why ER is so mainstream compared to the other games. It's optional, so whatever.  

"It’s optional" is the same thing people wanting easy mode say. XD I love Elden Ring, but really hope that the next game doubles down on balancing boss fights for a more optimal solo experience instead of this one-foot-in, one-foot-out approach where they try to account for summons when tuning the bosses, but also make summons way too OP.

Nothing wrong to the old system of "easy mode" just being jolly cooperation, and "difficulty slider" just being your build type.

Not that I hate the idea of summons. They would be better if they were all much weaker and perhaps operated on a timer like conjurations in TES. A tool in your arsenal rather than a full blown extra combatant with no drawbacks. And bosses were not designed with the expectation that we will use them.

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It's honestly a very solid but average incantation now. Whereas before it was very subpar.

The best thing I can say is it's very satisfying to use and combo now :D

37 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's still very meh in pvp :P

But so is the spell version or it, this is definitely way better in PvE. I was astounded at how good it is now against goons.

BUT @The Good Doctor @BigBossBalrog

The true star of the show is Roar of Ru...-Red Bear, that shit OBLITERATES everything. PvE, PvP it's almost overpowered now :rock:

• Like 1

One insane thing is how powerful the stun is. It can stagger ANYTHING that doesn't have unbreakable poise throughout the entire combo. I've been dealing 800-1k damage against both PvE and PvP with the entire combo.

Which the roar seems to be a true fucking combo in pvp, if it staggers you, you will get hit with the full thing