Soulsborne Rings Die Twice Thread #14

Favorite of the Carian Royalty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite of House Caria?

• Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon
    • Starscourge Radahn
    • Lunar Princess Ranni
    • Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I can't believe this is happening. Bloodborne is being made playable on a PC emulator. Apparently the demand is so great there's like five hundred people working on it. It usually takes YEARS for the progress that's been months. 

Sony and Bandai are going to start kicking in people's doors and executing them WW2 style to keep Bloodborne from PCs.

• Haha 2

Just beat Owl Father in the Hirata Estate on my second attempt. :D Now I know I’ve come a long way, because he’s the boss who gave me the most trouble my first time through. This went much smoother.

Also sealed the deal in my mind what an amazing fight it is. Not that I was really wondering.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just beat Owl Father in the Hirata Estate on my second attempt. :D Now I know I’ve come a long way, because he’s the boss who gave me the most trouble my first time through. This went much smoother.

Also sealed the deal in my mind what an amazing fight it is. Not that I was really wondering.

One of the greatest parts is you can replay whatever bosses you want through the Gauntlet System. Just like Dark Souls 2 New Game Plus, it really sucks the feature was never added back. 

• Like 1

Finished my third Sekiro playthrough. :D 

Beat both the Demon of Hatred and Isshin in two attempts each. The DoH was much more enjoyable this time around and Isshin was as fun as ever. Much as I like old man Isshin Ashina, Sword Saint is definitely my preferred boss fight of the two.

Nothing left to do now but the gauntlets.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He's starting a tea house XD

With Emma’s help. :lol: That’s the best possible ending.

I beat Inner Genichiro. Much tougher than the normal version for sure, but the reward is well worth it. Sakura Dance is a crazy good skill. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I beat Inner Genichiro. Much tougher than the normal version for sure, but the reward is well worth it. Sakura Dance is a crazy good skill. 

I like how he uses some of Tomeo's moves. Even if we never got her boss fight. 

• Like 1

Excellent work! His sakura dance was a tricky thing for me to get the hang of. Now you just have Inner Father and Isshin to go!

My money is Inner Father being your hardest. Although the brutal lineup just to get to Isshin is hard as well

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Excellent work! His sakura dance was a tricky thing for me to get the hang of. Now you just have Inner Father and Isshin to go!

My money is Inner Father being your hardest. Although the brutal lineup just to get to Isshin is hard as well

The Sakura Dance is definitely his most intimidating move. But once I realized perfect deflects prevent the insane chip damage and open up a free couple of hits, I started to welcome it.

Yeah, the other two gauntlets have a lot of bosses. XD I have been hitting the Sekiro pretty hard this last month. Think I might take a break before trying those. Give other games some attention.

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I like how he uses some of Tomeo's moves. Even if we never got her boss fight. 

It feels like this functionally was a Tomoe boss fight. The reflection states that it is in this memory that Genichiro finally reached the height of her technique.

Never mind. I went ahead and ran the Shura gauntlet. Couldn’t help myself. XD 

I beat Inner Owl first try, but it took nearly everything I had, all my heals, the bonus resurrection statues, the fine snow, and a sweet rice ball. Guy was tough as nails.

Fight is absolutely wild. Took what was already one of the fastest and most unpredictable bosses in the game, made him even faster and more aggressive, gave him teleportation, and added fire damage to his ultimate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Never mind. I went ahead and ran the Shura gauntlet. Couldn’t help myself. XD 

I beat Inner Owl first try, but it took nearly everything I had, all my heals, the bonus resurrection statues, the fine snow, and a sweet rice ball. Guy was tough as nails.

Fight is absolutely wild. Took what was already one of the fastest and most unpredictable bosses in the game, made him even faster and more aggressive, gave him teleportation, and added fire damage to his ultimate. 

Shit your breezing through it XD But yeah the addition of the ravenfall ability is a great one. 

• Like 1

I did a practice run against Sword Saint Isshin to prep for the next gauntlet. It was the best I’ve ever played: no deaths, only three heals, and I was in his face nearly the entire time. It was over quickly. Figured I had to be ready. 

So I ran the gauntlet, breezed through every boss, and then Inner Isshin immediately two-shot me with the mortal blade and proceeded kick my teeth in. 

Consider me humbled. XD 

• Haha 2

I did a practice run against Sword Saint Isshin to prep for the next gauntlet. It was the best I’ve ever played: no deaths, only three heals, and I was in his face nearly the entire time. It was over quickly. Figured I had to be ready. 

So I ran the gauntlet, breezed through every boss, and then Inner Isshin immediately two-shot me with the mortal blade and proceeded kick my teeth in. 

Consider me humbled. XD 

Normal Isshin: Black Mortal blade is pussy shit.

Inner Isshin: Lmao even, watch this

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Inner Isshin has some more insane trucks up his sleeve than just the black Mortal blade. He's gonna do some Elden Ring shit half way through 

I noticed. XD The black mortal blade got my first life, but it was his other new attacks that took my second and third.

I’ve gotten pretty comfortable dealing with Isshin’s normal moveset at this point, but his new tricks got me every time. 

• Like 1