Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Speaking of the mission, how come nobody has mentioned Romina?? That was probably my second favorite boss fight in the DLC so far and I didn’t even know she existed before walking into her room. XD 

Really great moveset. Fair, well-telegraphed, not spammy, plenty of punishment windows… but not at all easy. 

And while she kinda came out of nowhere unexpectedly, her lore is surprisingly important. I wonder if she knows how much suffering she’s caused. Probably. And she probably is happy about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of the mission, how come nobody has mentioned Romina?? That was probably my second favorite boss fight in the DLC so far and I didn’t even know she existed before walking into her room. XD 

Really great moveset. Fair, well-telegraphed, not spammy, plenty of punishment windows… but not at all easy. 

And while she kinda came out of nowhere unexpectedly, her lore is surprisingly important. I wonder if she knows how much suffering she’s caused. Probably. And she probably is happy about it. 

If Nick was active right now he'd have a lot of positive things to say about that boss.

For me, I don't know what it is but I'm fairly average towards her. Love the sick design and fighting style she has but there's just something about that boss that hasn't stuck for me.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

For me, I don't know what it is but I'm fairly average towards her. Love the sick design and fighting style she has but there's just something about that boss that hasn't stuck for me.

She reminded me of an older Dark Souls boss, in that she was just kind of there without too much fanfare or crazy epic presentation. After the back-to-back craziness of Bayle, Messmer, and lots of the others, I kinda appreciated that.

Same goes for the mechanics. They weren’t so overtuned or crazy. Was a very fair and learnable fight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hilariously it's remembrance options are either bugged or ass.

The melee one has a grab hitbox that cannot be dodge in pvp, it grabs through I-frames.

While the spell option obliterates your fp, does a tiny bit of damage, costs two slots and is inferior in every way to a base game counterpart :rofl:

Ohh this is where you get that, Ive been hearing about it through social media a lot. Its really janky due to the latency issue with hits and how they register input between people far away with high ping.

The impaling weapon that stabs downward

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Anyone figure out how to dodge Metyr's finger spam attack? Where she sucks the player into her hitbox as she runs sideways?

Not even bloodhound step can dodge that. Neither is there enough time to straif it as you only get at most a second of startup.

I don't wanna rock a shield on my hybrid caster. I hope from didn't make that move only avoidable by blocking 

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Anyone figure out how to dodge Metyr's finger spam attack? Where she sucks the player into her hitbox as she runs sideways?

Not even bloodhound step can dodge that. Neither is there enough time to straif it as you only get at most a second of startup.

I don't wanna rock a shield on my hybrid caster. I hope from didn't make that move only avoidable by blocking 

I just used a shield, blegh, second playthrough beat her. I'll enjoy the boss once I can be assed to figure out that dumb attack XD

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I found what Czars been dying for us to see lol

Fun times xD

Reveal hidden contents

Love the bloodborne reference!

Those guys are fun, but I'm waiting for y'all to find the boss of the area :P

You can actually fight those dudes if you...

Parry the grab. It's very tight though and an insta kill if missed.

15 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont think that it was all Metyr, again because the Elden Ring itself is of the Greater Will in response to that writeup, @The Good Doctor

Metyr is also of the Greater Will. So is humanity, as we’ve learned.

The Elden Ring is described as pliable. It’s a tool to enforce natural order, but the nature of that order is determined by its bearer, who get their orders from the Fingers who were interpreting what they believed to be the Greater Will.

Ymir’s questline reveals that Meytr was actually making those orders up based on very ancient memories and the Greater Will hasn’t actively influenced anything since long before Marika’s ascension. As Ymir says, their Order was doomed to be rotten from the start because it is based on flawed readings by flawed beings. What we thought came from the GW has been coming from Metyr for millennia.

Dear God, after doing more pvp (and winning every arena fight XD) I discovered how unfair the ds2 backstep talisman is.

It barely adds any downgrade in negation and gives you bloodhound step levels of i-frames. Methinks a nerf is needed. Once this catches on, it's game over for duels

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I just stick away or to her front. The other attacks are generally easier to dodge. Probably there to discourage fighting her along her long and otherwise barely guarded sides. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just stick away or to her front. The other attacks are generally easier to dodge. Probably there to discourage fighting her along her long and otherwise barely guarded sides. 

Weird because she'd still swivel around to use her side finger charge even when fighting her from the front.

Posted (edited)

So, after playing a couple hours of pvp on my dex/int dude I've come to LOVE Fleeting Microcosm.

It haven't seen anyone praising it at all for pvp but it's definitively replaced Canon of Haima on this build.

It's cheaper to cast, can be free aimed for some wicked heart attacks on other players, does emotional damage to them irl, and can even be plopped at your character's feet as an impromptu Get Off Me spell.

It becomes utterly ridiculous when combined with gravitational missile. Which has its own mind games. Melee mages have never been more back boys

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

@TheCzarsHussar Harrenhal did not disappoint. XD The scenes there were practically horror movie sequences, and indeed very Souls-esq. with a lone armored figure creeping through a gigantic ruined castle, weary of enemies waiting around corners, hearing strange noises and whatnot.

Look at this!

IMG_8797.thumb.jpeg.1cf145d7f99ce6141defd08cef1a3499.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Those guys are fun, but I'm waiting for y'all to find the boss of the area :P

You can actually fight those dudes if you...

Hide contents

Parry the grab. It's very tight though and an insta kill if missed.

Yea no fuck that lmao I don’t even have a shield on me that can parry lmao

I beat the boss, was crazy XD I didn’t enjoy the fight cause my build was ass for it, but my bros build is meta bleed and perfect for it so he loved it, I did love the theme tho and it wasn’t too hard to figure out how to kill it.

its super fucking cool, perfect for the zone, loved the whole thing

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee