Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Speaking of the Headless; one really inspired choice Sekiro did was to come up with it's own fictional versions of Yokai.  They could have went with the standard affair from folklore, but decided to come up with their own (with alot of inspiration and traits from the real versions). Which makes sense, because Yokai are usually regional, and the province of Ashina (even though the clan existed in real life) was made up for the game. Again, very creativecelest-c-headless4.thumb.jpg.b82b105af73e582d422ce8920c94fca5.jpg

The Headless for example has traits of a Kappa (it's anus attack, is what Kappa did to their victims. Their reaching for Wolf's spiritual organ, which is believed to be in that area in feudal Japan. . As the specter of defiled, dead Samurai with unfinished business they also function like the typical Onryōm, but with a completely unique appearance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Owl! I knew he’d be alive and a traitor. Man’s design has "boss fight" written all over it. 

Remeber how Sekiro was stabbed by a large sword at the end of the memory XD

• Thanks 1

The Interior Ministry would have also had a much much harder time if it wasn't for Sekiro butchering the most competent remaining retainers of Isshin/Genichiro's.

Seven Ashina Spears alone are some of the hardest enemies to deal with until you really get down the timings of their sneakier attacks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Interior Ministry would have also had a much much harder time if it wasn't for Sekiro butchering the most competent remaining retainers of Isshin/Genichiro's.

Seven Ashina Spears alone are some of the hardest enemies to deal with until you really get down the timings of their sneakier attacks.

And whose fault is that XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wait. He hasn't even began to inflict his true snakery upon you XD

I dunno. His transition to phase 2 where he begs for his life and then attacks was some snakey shit. XD Man is the perfect honorless shinobi boss. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I dunno. His transition to phase 2 where he begs for his life and then attacks was some snakey shit. XD Man is the perfect honorless shinobi boss. 

Or the fact he was using his crocodile tears to hide his sword draw :rofl: I love him, he's such a troll. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Or the fact he was using his crocodile tears to hide his sword draw :rofl: I love him, he's such a troll. 

It’s so sinister, the audio of him weeping while you watch the shadow of his blade silently coming out of the sheath. 

And considering how he backstabbed Wolf in the Hirata Estate, it says a lot about how far we’ve come that he attempts this same move here yet Wolf is ready and deflects it this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s so sinister, the audio of him weeping while you watch the shadow of his blade silently coming out of the sheath. 

And considering how he backstabbed Wolf in the Hirata Estate, it says a lot about how far we’ve come that he attempts this same move here yet Wolf is ready and deflects it this time.

"Huh, so you have grown, if only a little." Real character development 

• Like 1

I beat the Owl. Expected it to be harder, considering who he is, but his moveset is incredibly punishable. Got him on the third attempt. Might have on my second if I’d realized sooner that his little bombs prevent healing.

Still, it was definitely one of the coolest fights, story and presentation-wise, and it was quite fun. Just surprisingly easy.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I beat the Owl. Expected it to be harder, considering who he is, but his moveset is incredibly punishable. Got him on the third attempt. Might have on my second if I’d realized sooner that his little bombs prevent healing.

Still, it was definitely one of the coolest fights, story and presentation-wise, and it was quite fun. Just surprisingly easy.

*Evil laughter*

• Haha 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

But congrats regardless XD The death dialogue is my favorite example in a boss fight.

"Death of a shadow. You taught me well."

"That's...my...boy..."

Yeah, I liked that a lot too. He’s a piece of crap but he’s also proud to see his son surpass him.

BTW, I highly recommend from here on it, you pursue the Emma side quests before you go to the Divine Realm. Once you beat the boss there, it locks you out of a really cool side area if you haven't unlocked it yet  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW, I highly recommend from here on it, you pursue the Emma side quests before you go to the Divine Realm. Once you beat the boss there, it locks you out of a really cool side area if you haven't unlocked it yet  

I have been. She’s just hanging out the with sculptor now. 

Oh crap, this explains that one Ministry guy who was in the tower looking down on Hirata Estate as it burned in the original memory. I thought he was just a spy keeping tabs; never realized they were behind it all along.

And considering that we got this memory from Owl, and that he’s the one who backstabbed Wolf, that just means he’s been working with them for a very long time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh crap, this explains that one Ministry guy who was in the tower looking down on Hirata Estate as it burned in the original memory. I thought he was just a spy keeping tabs; never realized they were behind it all along.

And considering that we got this memory from Owl, and that he’s the one who backstabbed Wolf, that just means he’s been working with them for a very long time. 

Yep. They used the Bandits as a smokescreen and for plausible denability: eliminating one of the Ashina clans allies without starting hostilities. They've been planning the invasion for a long time.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yep. They used the Bandits as a smokescreen and for plausible denability: eliminating one of the Ashina clans allies without starting hostilities. They've been planning the invasion for a long time.

From the eavesdropping, it sounds like they didn’t trust Owl or fully know what game he was playing. I suspect that means he was keeping them in the dark about the dragon blood. Makes sense, considering that he wants it for himself.

I imagine he doesn’t care which clan rules Japan so long as he gets his power and immortality.

• Like 2