Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Course the Dunmer are kinda weebish themselves, at times. And they do have a thing for living gods.

Maybe they’d worship him. XD 

The Nibenese would fangirl over him immediately. The Dunmer would consider him a stupid outlander from Akavir. But Sekiro is bros with the Nerevarine so it's cool.

• Like 1

It sounds quite good in Japanese. Not annoying, at least. He has a very earnest tone. 

I really need to replay the game in Japanese with subtitles. The reason I gave up before is not everything has subtitles, and despite knowing all the lore it was slightly annoying not being able to understand what the peon soldiers were saying now and then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I really need to replay the game in Japanese with subtitles. The reason I gave up before is not everything has subtitles, and despite knowing all the lore it was slightly annoying not being able to understand what the peon soldiers were saying now and then

The majority does. Like all the eavesdropping and such. It’s mainly just their combat shouting that doesn’t, which I assume is mostly just generic "die for Ashina!" type stuff. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The majority does. Like all the eavesdropping and such. It’s mainly just their combat shouting that doesn’t, which I assume is mostly just generic "die for Ashina!" type stuff. 

Nah they recite entire Heimskr sermons mid battle. Ashina ashigaru are surprisingly into obscure Elder Scrolls lore.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Genichiro wasn’t kidding about embracing any form of heresy. 

Isshin: "Grandson I've caught you reading some strange manuscripts from that foreign Kingdom of Norway..."

Genichrio: "You just don't understand gramps. The Nordic peoples are so cool."

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
I almost made Genichrio to be a flaming queer, but he don't deserve that XD
  • Haha 1

So based on their abilities and deeds, how would you guys rank all the From protagonists in how powerful/dangerous they are?

I think it’s:

Tarnished- Basically a god, insanely high upper limits for everything, spirit summons, magic double jumping horse

Wolf- Stupid fast, biggest "utility belt", can deflect almost anything, Mortal Blade that can execute immortals, grappling hook

Hunter- Very fast, has guns, heals on hits, killed Cthulhu

Ashen One- Slower than the above but fastest Souls character, defeated Nameless, Soul of Cinder, and Gael, high upper limits

Chosen Undead- Slowest, but great poise and can "bass cannon" through most things, killed the most legendary figures in Dark Souls after their prime

Bearer of the Curse- Versatile, but slow and none of his bosses are as impressive as Gwyn or Manus. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So based on their abilities and deeds, how would you guys rank all the From protagonists in how powerful/dangerous they are?

I think it’s:

Tarnished- Basically a god, insanely high upper limits for everything, spirit summons, magic double jumping horse

Wolf- Stupid fast, biggest "utility belt", can deflect almost anything, Mortal Blade that can execute immortals, grappling hook

Hunter- Very fast, has guns, heals on hits, killed Cthulhu

Ashen One- Slower than the above but fastest Souls character, defeated Nameless, Soul of Cinder, and Gael, high upper limits

Chosen Undead- Slowest, but great poise and can "bass cannon" through most things, killed the most legendary figures in Dark Souls after their prime

Bearer of the Curse- Versatile, but slow and none of his bosses are as impressive as Gwyn or Manus. 

I won't spoil anything related to Wolf but XD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lore wise Bearer Seek Seek Lest also has an insane upper limit. Depending on if you just blindly follow the story or break away, talk to Aldia, talk to Vendrick, and attain the crowns you literally escape the firelinking cycle. Unable to hollow while keeping human form.

Depending on if the Bearer turned his back on the firelinking cycle means it was likely only Gael that truly killed him. Or more likely it's non canon and he's just one of the uncountable number of undead who linked the fire over the ages.

I think Fromsoft made it a little too obscure. That the entire reason your character was in Drangleic was to find a solution to their hollowing. But to their credit that's a huge theme with the game, that nobody else really can remember their purpose for being in such a cursed land. It's up to the player to remember and pursue their own cure.

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think Fromsoft made it a little too obscure. That the entire reason your character was in Drangleic was to find a solution to their hollowing. But to their credit that's a huge theme with the game, that nobody else really can remember their purpose for being in such a cursed land. It's up to the player to remember and pursue their own cure.

Was it obscure? I thought that was made clear in the opening cutscene. 

I just learned how to waterfowl dance in Sekiro by trading fish scales to a dude in a pot. XD

Also recently killed O'rin, who was a very fun fight and would probably be my favorite miniboss if not for the Armored Warrior.

I had five bottles of alcohol in my inventory so I have been traveling around drinking with the main characters and listening to their stories. It’s really cool how they tie together and start to form a complete picture. Also kinda sad. Seems like Isshin, Dogen, Emma, several of the bosses, and even the Sculptor (before he got lost in the killing) were all good friends back in the day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just learned how to waterfowl dance in Sekiro by trading fish scales to a dude in a pot. XD

Also recently killed O'rin, who was a very fun fight and would probably be my favorite miniboss if not for the Armored Warrior.

I had five bottles of alcohol in my inventory so I have been traveling around drinking with the main characters and listening to their stories. It’s really cool how they tie together and start to form a complete picture. Also kinda sad. Seems like Isshin, Dogen, Emma, several of the bosses, and even the Sculptor (before he got lost in the killing) were all good friends back in the day.

They all fought together for Ashina's independence. And then grew old.

Oh and how did you like the Fishing Village 2.0 XD One of my favorite zones. That and the mist shrouded forest. There's so many homakes to various types of horror. 

• Like 1

Emma, if I remember, was an orphan who The Sculptor found. And realizing a killer like him shouldn't raise a kid, he entrusted her to Dogen instead of adopting her himself. Which requires alot of self awareness XD

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

They all fought together for Ashina's independence. And then grew old.

Oh and how did you like the Fishing Village 2.0 XD One of my favorite zones. That and the mist shrouded forest. There's so many homakes to various types of horror. 

I have been loving this whole area. Once again shows how incredibly diverse this game is with its set pieces and gameplay. Had a baby "Rom" moment when I killed the flutist and the illusion vanished, revealing the entire mist and even the building itself were lies. 

• Like 2

I have been loving this whole area. Once again shows how incredibly diverse this game is with its set pieces and gameplay. Had a baby "Rom" moment when I killed the flutist and the illusion vanished, revealing the entire mist and even the building itself were lies. 

The boss was the illusions he was creating XD And you even had that monk warning you about him. Way more build up then any of ER's mini bosses

• Like 1

Sekiro has the huge benefit of only a single build and character for the player. It allows for incredibly fine tuned bosses and world building.

Since there's no worry of Gloibleun the Hideous, an 99 int sorcerer one shotting the bosses from a distance with magic, who is equally non-fitting into the lore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Killed the Corrupted Monk and now I can breathe underwater. Guess it’s time to revisit every body of water I’ve ever encountered. XD 

You're in for a wild ride XD You've triggered something.

• Like 1