Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That has one of my favorite cutscenes. 

Agreed. It was so cool that I recorded it. XD The child’s shock when Wolf gets back up from death, follows by him being like "yeah, that’s the Mortal Blade, alright… it’ll do" was hilarious and badass. 

• Haha 1

BTW, if you haven't learned by now that child is an artificial copy of the Dragon Lineage, made through super immoral occult magic and alchemy (including infected themselves with undying Centipedes). The Senpou Monks are obsessed with immortality...despite the Buddah's core teaching concept being the acceptance of impermanence (that all life fades eventually). So hence their Anti-Buddhists XD 

How'd you like Senpou Temple @The Good Doctor?

That and the monks are some of my favorite moments in Sekiro. Balrog isn't wrong, the extremely twisted perversion on Buddhism makes for such a memorable area. Seeing ninety year old grandpa's bare hand perfect parry me was both hilarious and scary first experience XD

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

How'd you like Senpou Temple @The Good Doctor?

That and the monks are some of my favorite moments in Sekiro. Balrog isn't wrong, the extremely twisted perversion on Buddhism makes for such a memorable area. Seeing ninety year old grandpa's bare hand perfect parry me was both hilarious and scary first experience XD

Easily one of my favorite areas so far. The enemies are all unique and a fun challenge to fight, the reward for getting through is amazing, and the area’s story, while somewhat isolated from the Ashina drama, is the best kind of darkly twisted.

It was clear the monks had been up to something unnatural considering that this was the first place to contain these immortal centipede parasite enemies, but it was pretty sickening to learn that the Rejuvenating Child was the only survivor out of countless children who’d been experimented on and sacrificed. All this happening in what, on its face, appears to be one of the more serene and peaceful locations that hasn't been as affected by the war.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

"It's Godzilla!"

"No, Godfrey."

"IT'S GODZILLA!"

"God. Frey."

"IT-"

" I have given thee curtesy enough."

You joke, but King Kong, Ghidroah, and Godzilla are bosses in the games XD

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Have talked to Kuro? He's a shockingly smart and wise kid. Very mature XD He makes the children from Skyrim seem even more like filthy goblins. 

The children from Skyrim do enough of that on their own. XD And yeah, I usually visit the major story characters after making a fair amount of story progress or if I find a drink to share with one of them.

Lots of really humanizing moments that elevate them above most other Soulsborne characters, like when they share their backstories, or Kuro makes rice ball candies out of the Rejuvenating Child’s gift. I think she might have a crush on him, which is adorable. And he is indeed a wise kid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The children from Skyrim do enough of that on their own. XD And yeah, I usually visit the major story characters after making a fair amount of story progress or if I find a drink to share with one of them.

Lots of really humanizing moments that elevate them above most other Soulsborne characters, like when they share their backstories, or Kuro makes rice ball candies out of the Rejuvenating Child’s gift. I think she might have a crush on him, which is adorable. And he is indeed a wise kid.

I like how everyone has this wide sweeping plan and obession for glory, while Kuro's life goal is to open up a tea shop XD Very humble.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I said wise, not blessed with the intelligence of gods. 

"-and once you pass the rock with three extra pieces of dust on it SWIT you'll head eastwest by northsouthwest to the village of Meth."

"Uh...could you repeat tha-"

"NOW YOU DIE"

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I like how everyone has this wide sweeping plan and obession for glory, while Kuro's life goal is to open up a tea shop XD Very humble.  

What I like is how the loyalty between him and Wolf goes both ways. You play a character who serves him so faithfully, I think that it would be off-putting if he took it for granted. But instead he goes beyond that and appreciates it so much that he makes it his mission to cure you even at the cost of his own safety. Hard not to like him after that.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What I like is how the loyalty between him and Wolf goes both ways. You play a character who serves him so faithfully, I think that it would be off-putting if he took it for granted. But instead he goes beyond that and appreciates it so much that he makes it his mission to cure you even at the cost of his own safety. Hard not to like him after that.

I'm a little biased because his English voice acting eventually got on my nerves :rofl:

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

"-and once you pass the rock with three extra pieces of dust on it SWIT you'll head eastwest by northsouthwest to the village of Meth."

"Uh...could you repeat tha-"

"NOW YOU DIE"

Course the Dunmer are kinda weebish themselves, at times. And they do have a thing for living gods.

Maybe they’d worship him. XD 

• Like 1