Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

You don’t mean the one where the snake gets a big magicky ball of energy in its mouth and brings it down, do you? Because I loved when he did that one. Easy to dodge and punish.

I didn’t mind any of the snake moves, really. The ones that really messed me up were his machine gun rapid fire thrusting move that ended with a ground plunge and explosion. Avoidable, but damn if it isn’t unforgiving.

No its a big giant explosion of snakes constantly bombarding you, which im starting to think is bugged because at first I never got that move to trigger, then when i got close to killing him consistently it happened every time.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

It starts with him bubbling up from a pool of poison that slows you down and does a massive amount of damage while you're near him. Then follows up with the 1000 snake bombardment straight outta naruto

11 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fuck, this dlc turned everything on its head.

Marika went from this terrifying inhuman force, to a traumatized woman who ascended her mortality to avenge her wronged people.

Mohg went from the most reviled pedophile in the Lands Between to a victim.

Miquella went from a majority of the community thinking him the Jesus of the Lands Between (those of us who knew about the Bewitching Branch knew better) to a complete monster responsible for the worst of the Shattering War.

Basically what people thought of Marika was actually Miquella, and I think that was intentional.

I'd say Marika is my favorite character overall tbh but she's a milf so thats unfair. Its hard to really say otherwise who is my fav, I'd want to say Messmer but I think the best fight both in enjoyment, feeling of accomplishment and buildup all together is still Radahn for me. I wear his hat so yea thatd be my fav, then Messmer. Then Rykard. All people whose equipment I use as well in some way. Ah and then Maliketh.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Basically what people thought of Marika was actually Miquella, and I think that was intentional.

I'd say Marika is my favorite character overall tbh but she's a milf so thats unfair. Its hard to really say otherwise who is my fav, I'd want to say Messmer but I think the best fight both in enjoyment, feeling of accomplishment and buildup all together is still Radahn for me. I wear his hat so yea thatd be my fav, then Messmer. Then Rykard. All people whose equipment I use as well in some way. Ah and then Maliketh.

I’ll be honest, it surprised me that you voted Godrick the Grafted over Morgott, Mohg, or the Prince of Death. If asked to guess your least favorite of Godfrey’s kids, I’d have bet on it being him. Not a bad choice at all, just a surprising one.

I’ll be honest, it surprised me that you voted Godrick the Grafted over Morgott, Mohg, or the Prince of Death. If asked to guess your least favorite of Godfrey’s kids, I’d have bet on it being him. Not a bad choice at all, just a surprising one.

Godrick is pathetic but someone the player can relate to and understand more imo right off the bat. And the weight of his delusion and his feeling of inferiority is right on display as you look at his pitiful figure and form. He is the epitome of the kind of storytelling fromsoft has mastered. 

Mohg and Morgott are good for sure, and Morgott's fight was really fun, a bit underrated I'd say but the wonder and disturbing feeling I got from Godrick set the tone for the rest of the game.

Godwyns concept is awesome, his death but thats where most of my intrigue of his character begins and ends. I wish they gave us a fight for him besides his dragon friend which was awesome, but yea there's a lot lacking there that I want to see.

• Like 1

If you think about it also, Godrick is the antithesis of the player as well. We also wear our enemies, and grow from their deaths. He just goes about it in a much different and grotesque, flawed way. He is also someone who barely has the grace and light of the family line, yet we have even less than he does, yet we too in a way are grafted. None of that was accidental imo and if you believe the theory that tarnished, or at least those who still see grace or ever saw grace are from Marika and Godfrey, then it is very fitting indeed.

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'd say Marika is my favorite character overall

At this point, she’s a strong contender for me as well. Which is pretty impressive since we technically never see her except as a crumbling near-corpse with no lines of dialogue.

But damn, it is hard not to put Radahn at the top. :lol: Fromsoft really outdid themselves by making a character who just exudes badassery while still feeling totally unique and distinct from basically any other archetypal "badass warrior man" in fiction. I only wish he had some lines.

Messmer is definitely up there too. As are Gideon Ofnir and Morgott. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

of that was accidental imo and if you believe the theory that tarnished, or at least those who still see grace or ever saw grace are from Marika and Godfrey, then it is very fitting indeed.

Whether our Tarnished is from them or not, I don’t think this can be true as we know that Gideon Ofnir, Fia, Dung Eater, and Godfrey himself also saw grace. It seems more connected to being Tarnished than your family line. 

Ah yes, Gideon lol, Gideon is also like Godrick tbh and another antithesis to the player. Godrick cuts corners by trying to evolve via grafting, deforming himself. What would you call that sin anyway, envy?

Gideon tries to hoard knowledge which like Rykard is gluttony of a different sort, or perhaps lust. Could go either way. Id say gluttony for Rykard, and lust for gideon.

The player gits gud and learns from mistakes, and incorporates things from his battles and experience to grow into the lord he or she strives to be, the correct way.

Whether our Tarnished is from them or not, I don’t think this can be true as we know that Gideon Ofnir, Fia, Dung Eater, and Godfrey himself also saw grace. It seems more connected to being Tarnished than your family line. 

I dont see how this goes against what I said tho, all of them would be from Marika. Godrey himself sees because he is the elden lord.

The theory is that youre offspring from Marika and Godfrey, and that tarnished that see or saw grace are people who are "reborn" or reincarnated from their offspring.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The theory is that youre offspring from Marika and Godfrey, and that tarnished that see or saw grace are people who are "reborn" or reincarnated from their offspring.

But there were armies of Tarnished and they all arose by grace and returned to the Lands Between. 

I could possibly buy that Marika and Godfrey had a secret child with some evidence, but no way that applies to all Tarnished.

To clear it up and avoid confusion, the theory is this:

Marika's line with Godfrey, all of them, are shunned for one reason or another, hence why Godfrey was deemed undesirable and was replaced as elden lord in the first place. Why, because they would be a challenge to the succession of Marika and Radagon afterwards with Godfrey banished. They're essentially bastards for all intents and purposes, disgraced. Hence their grace is stripped.

When that happened, the Tarnished would have been executed and genocided en masse, and indeed you can even see in the game tarnished on crosses especially on the coastline as warning signs for when they return because the people of the lands between knew they would be reborn and return to try and become elden lord.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

But there were armies of Tarnished and they all arose by grace and returned to the Lands Between. 

I could possibly buy that Marika and Godfrey had a secret child with some evidence, but no way that applies to all Tarnished.

It does though, because they dont just have children the way you're thinking, they also have leagues of offspring via the tree itself.

Regardless tho whether it applies to all tarnished or some or just you, the point is it at the very least indeed applies to you. It would apply to at least enough tarnished to fill those mausoleums too, which would imo mean that it doesnt count for instance her previous brood that arose from the tree seeded by her and Godfrey, but more directly the bastards that arose from her and godfrey the way her other children we call demigods did. And they were stripped of grace because Godfrey himself was.

That they arise by grace could mean anything, but there is enough evidence to at least say that 1. She had bastards and 2. They were expected to be reborn and return to the lands between. What does that sound like to you if not tarnished. Theyre called soulless demigods in the english translation, and ugly offspring, and bastard demigods in the japanese.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

they also have leagues of offspring via the tree itself.

I’d need to see some evidence of that.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Marika's line with Godfrey, all of them, are shunned for one reason or another, hence why Godfrey was deemed undesirable and was replaced as elden lord in the first place.

Not all of them. Godwyn was beloved by basically everyone, including Marika. Her only definite children with Godfrey who she shunned were the omen twins for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

When that happened, the Tarnished would have been executed and genocided en masse, 

That never happened under Marika. She just sent all the Tarnished into exile, knowing they would grow strong and she could one day call them back when the time was right.

The persecution of the Tarnished came during/after the Shattering, when Marika vanished and her grace brought them back both from the dead and to the Lands Between. By then, the lands were divided and at war, and the various demigods and ambitious powers started killing, crucifying, and grafting them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d need to see some evidence of that.

Not all of them. Godwyn was beloved by basically everyone, including Marika. Her only definite children with Godfrey who she shunned were the omen twins for obvious reasons.

That never happened under Marika. She just sent all the Tarnished into exile, knowing they would grow strong and she could one day call them back when the time was right.

The persecution of the Tarnished came during/after the Shattering, when Marika vanished and her grace brought them back both from the dead and to the Lands Between. By then, the lands were divided and at war, and the various demigods and ambitious powers started killing, crucifying, and grafting them.

Its better explained in the same videos we both watched from the archaeologist dude.

Then why was he replaced and made tarnished

That doesnt go against the theory

it still doesnt go against the theory

More evidence:

In fact if anything their prosecution during the shattering supports the theory that we're demigods, the player, and at least some like you because that would mean we're legitimate contenders for the throne, not just upstarts. It makes more sense than not.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then why was he replaced and made tarnished

Godwyn wasn’t replaced. You’re thinking of Godfrey.

Godwyn the Golden was Marika and Godfrey’s son, and by all accounts the most popular guy in the world until Ranni shanked him and kicked off all the wars.

• Like 1

Goldwyn wasn’t replaced. You’re thinking of Godfrey.

Godwyn the Golden was Marika and Godfrey’s son, and by all accounts the most popular guy in the world until Ranni shanked him and kicked off all the wars.

I read your post wrong. 

Godwyn was murdered tho and thats what kicked off the shattering so its irrelevant

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

In fact if anything their prosecution during the shattering supports the theory that we're demigods, the player, and at least some like you because that would mean we're legitimate contenders for the throne, not just upstarts. It makes more sense than not.

It makes sense either way. We are "emboldened by the flame of ambition" and pursuing a throne that the other demigods either want for themselves or don’t want us getting, regardless of our lineage. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I read your post wrong. 

Godwyn was murdered tho and thats what kicked off the shattering so its irrelevant

Not really when your point was that the children of Marika and Godfrey were shunned and persecuted. Godwyn was beloved while she was married to Radagon, even though his father had already been sent away in exile.