Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee For the record, that Deflecting Hardtear works on all weapons, including the Dryleaf Arts. So with decent timing you could actually deflect all attacks with your fists and take no damage while setting up some sweet counters. Swatting away swords like a straight up anime Ninja. XD 

That's interesting, I tried testing it with dryleaf arts a while back but it never procced. The block timing must just be ever so slightly different for fist blocks

33 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's interesting, I tried testing it with dryleaf arts a while back but it never procced. The block timing must just be ever so slightly different for fist blocks

I think it is. Here is what it looks like in action. Second half has way more of it on display than the first.

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I beat Genichiro. New favorite boss fight. XD 

I don’t think any of the bosses in any of the games top this one for me. Even Maria. This one is so damn good. 

*Do the death blow.* 

"...Ashina"

And yeah, would you believe me when I say there's even more better bosses XD But yeah, game's about to open up alot, so take your time and explore! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Do the death blow.* 

"...Ashina"

And yeah, would you believe me if there's even more better bosses XD But yeah, game's about to open up alot, so take your time and explore! 

Ooh he's very close to Milady, Samurai of the Maiden's Honor who's infinitely folded katana was used to slaw Reddito

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And yeah, would you believe me if there's even more better bosses XD But yeah, game's about to open up alot, so take your time and explore! 

Game is already feeling pretty dagum open! :lol: Before fighting him I found a whole new area by going through the dungeons, plus whatever’s in the bottomless put that I’m obviously meant to jump down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Game is already feeling pretty dagum open! :lol: Before fighting him I found a whole new area by going through the dungeons, plus whatever’s in the bottomless put that I’m obviously meant to jump down. 

As in you get alot of narrative direction were the fuck to go XD, there's a bunch of NPC's to talk to now that you've defeated Genichiro. Including my favorite 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Be careful, Jaun is at the bottom of the pit!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As in you get alot of narrative direction were the fuck to go XD, there's a bunch of NPC's to talk to now that you've defeated Genichiro. Including my favorite 

I’m guessing you mean Lord Isshin. XD 

• Haha 1

I’ve been running around chatting with NPCs for the past fifteen minutes. XD I really like how much more direct the story is in this game, Ang how the main NPCs all play key roles in the quest and have relationships with each other and with Wolf.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve been running around chatting with NPCs for the past fifteen minutes. XD I really like how much more direct the story is in this game, Ang how the main NPCs all play key roles in the quest and have relationships with each other and with Wolf.

I love the Sake mechanic; really neat idea to award the player with lore and character information by finding special items and drinking with the NPC's

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love the Sake mechanic; really neat idea to award with player with lore and character information by finding special items and drinking with them 

Me too. I usually share sake with the Sculptor, but when Isshin gave me some, I immediately shared it with him. Surprisingly, he had comments to make about how I just offered him his own drink. XD Guy is cool.

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He's kind of like a Japanese Ulfric Stormcloak XD And did you catch the detail about the identity of a certain someone XD

I think I just did. Bumped into Tengu again and he started coughing up a storm. Returned to Isshin and his mask and armor were hanging on the wall. Can’t believe I missed that before. They literally have the same voice. XD 

Okay, yeah, Isshin is definitely a badass. Man is on his death bed but still sneaking off to hunt enemy spies like a murderous Japanese Batman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Me too. I usually share sake with the Sculptor, but when Isshin gave me some, I immediately shared it with him. Surprisingly, he had comments to make about how I just offered him his own drink. XD Guy is cool.

I think I just did. Bumped into Tengu again and he started coughing up a storm. Returned to Isshin and his mask and armor were hanging on the wall. Can’t believe I missed that before. They literally have the same voice. XD 

Okay, yeah, Isshin is definitely a badass. Man is on his death bed but still sneaking off to hunt enemy spies like a murderous Japanese Batman.

There's a clue of his identity the first time he sees you when he calls you Sekiro XD

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The English dub makes it explicitly obvious, I knew instantly that Isshin was the Tengu because of that :rofl:

39 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The English dub makes it explicitly obvious, I knew instantly that Isshin was the Tengu because of that :rofl:

It isn’t as obvious in Japanese because quite a number of the gruff older male characters speak in a very subdued manner. He only stood out to me after we drank together and then I found Tengu again and noted the amusement in his voice. Then the coughing made it obvious. Then the mask hanging behind him made me feel stupid. XD  

• Like 1

The Armored Warrior miniboss was great. XD I don’t know if it should be called a gimmick fight, since it is a straight up duel in every sense, but it kinda felt like one with the unique requirement to kill him.

Felt like a bit of homage to Dark Souls. Dude basically rocked the classic "bass cannon" build with heavy armor, high poise, and a huge greatsword. Though with how fast you are in Sekiro, that is very easy to deal with.

It was a fun but somewhat random fight.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Armored Warrior miniboss was great. XD I don’t know if it should be called a gimmick fight, since it is a straight up duel in every sense, but it kinda felt like one with the unique requirement to kill him.

Felt like a bit of homage to Dark Souls. Dude basically rocked the classic "bass cannon" build with heavy armor, high poise, and a huge greatsword. Though with how fast you are in Sekiro, that is very easy to deal with.

It was a fun but somewhat random fight.

ROBERTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is Robert the son he mentioned?

Look at the firecracker's description 

" Firecrackers from across southern seas. Can be fitted to the Shinobi Prosthetic to become a Prosthetic Tool.

Makes a deafening sound, frightening to animals. Sold by little Robert and his father to raise funds for their travels.

Their voyage brought them to Japan, where they would seek the "Undying" in an attempt to extend Robert's life."

• Thanks 1